Notices

WTB: HONEST, reputable, non-idiot shop to finish a project for me, Tri-state NYC area

Old 11-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: HONEST, reputable, non-idiot shop to finish a project for me, Tri-state NYC area

Cliffs:

Got an EG i went a little too crazy with while I was at school, moved back home, and now I work full time and basically just don't even look at the car anymore (DD evo is probably the reason for that). So I figured it has sat for a year and ahalf, I might as well finish it to either a) enjoy it and b) sell it if need be.

Problem is, I lost touch with the scene down here and anyone that used to run shops and stuff don't anymore.

So I'm looking for feedback/suggestions on HONEST (aka won't steal my ****, parts off the car, tell me I need to fix this and that when i KNOW i don't need to, etc etc) shops that are competent enough to run water lines for a GT turbo, install the mani, modify the exhaust then fit the new downpipe as necessary, clean up the wiring, install HAsport mounts in place of the OEM's I still have in there (lol), check the bearings & replace if necessary (i haven't even turned the car over in 1.5yrs), relocate my IC to clear the manifold and wastegate behind it from the new manifold, and basically get it ready so I can go tune it (doing that myself). I'll include specific instructions on what needs to be done, I just don't have the time, tools, and motivation to do it anymore.

Does anybody know anyone that can do this in a reasonable amount of time for a reasonable price? I'm not expecting this to be done for $5/hour and in a week, but I do NOT want this to end up being tied up for 4 months while I get dicked around then get hit with 32682309862903860 dollars of storage and labor fees.

Thanks.

Modified by Toda Party at 4:57 PM 11/13/2007
Old 11-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTB: HONEST, reputable, non-idiot shop to finish a project for me, Tri-state NYC area (Toda Part

http://www.xenocron.com is who I would speak to first. I think you are going to get the best bang for the buck from them.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTB: HONEST, reputable, non-idiot shop to finish a project for me, Tri-state NYC area (Toda Part

last I heard, he sold his garage/shop ?

Old 11-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

He sold the gas station and now is in a full facility with a dyno.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow good for him, i just sent him an email, thanks.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:46 PM

Were located in upstate New York. We fabricate, install and dyno tune turbocharged hondas everyday. feel free to give us a call down at the shop. 518-261-1790
Old 11-13-2007, 02:04 PM

about time u stopped being a ****** and hopped back onto this project....im dyin over here w/o boost and need somethin to romp on while u street tune lol

but i would def check out mike@synapse motorsports i've seen some quality cars come out of their shop
Old 11-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ive seen a lot of the synapse cars all over the capital district, they do very good work
Old 11-13-2007, 03:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Toda Party &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">last I heard, he sold his garage/shop ?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

What up Toda! Just saw this...I'll check my email and we'll get you rocking
Old 11-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nY’s FiNeSt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">about time u stopped being a ****** and hopped back onto this project....im dyin over here w/o boost and need somethin to romp on while u street tune lol

but i would def check out mike@synapse motorsports i've seen some quality cars come out of their shop </TD></TR></TABLE>

who's the *** that sold their car? certainly not me!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a feeling this thread will turn into a pissing match.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I can vouch for Xenocron not that he needs it.I also have seen very nice builds from Synapse but I dont have any first hand experience.Chris is a very nice guy to deal with and I am hoping to see him soon to get my car done
Old 11-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im sure xenocron does bad *** work... but syanapse gets my vote... mike is a badass guy
Old 11-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Synapse. Awesome work, Awesome people. End of story. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow someone is finally finishing that project lol
Old 11-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have seen excellent work from NRG tech
Old 11-14-2007, 05:38 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike@synapse motorsport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Were located in upstate New York. We fabricate, install and dyno tune turbocharged hondas everyday. feel free to give us a call down at the shop. 518-261-1790</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Come to my shop I have a black ITR sitting in the back we can use for parts
Old 11-14-2007, 06:07 PM
E-thug

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a feeling this thread will turn into a pissing match.</TD></TR></TABLE>Don't all h-t threads? lol...
Old 11-15-2007, 09:27 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a feeling this thread will turn into a pissing match.</TD></TR></TABLE>

::sarcasm::

Wow, a moderator posting comments like that isn't bound to start something now is it...very professional.

No...fortunately enough I find it very easy to work with shops in this area like Synapse and others. Instead of getting pissy...it works out when shops can work together instead of rallying their forum $hit-talkers and starting trouble.

If Jason wants to take it to Synapse, then GREAT! Mike and Morgan do awesome work...so do a lot of other shops in the area.

In either case, the customer needs to come out happy...
Old 11-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xenocron &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Wow, a moderator posting comments like that isn't bound to start something now is it...very professional.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol. Ironically it hasn't turned into a pissing match yet.... which is good.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:04 AM

No pissing contest here, chris and I have a very good relationship, and thats how neighboring shops should be.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

synapse and xenocron both do great work. my vote goes to chris because you can always trust someone whos already going bald and isnt even 30 yet.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I chose xenocron cuz his kak is bigger

nah, he's a lot closer to me than PA and Albany, plus i've done some tuning w/ him before.

thanks for the replies daveF & synapse, i'll refer people to you if they are from your area
Old 11-15-2007, 11:06 AM

spoke to chris the other day @ xencron seems like a true stand up guy will be in touch with you chris, we spoke on Monday in regards to my set up and emissions in CT.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB: HONEST, reputable, non-idiot shop to finish a project for me, Tri-state NYC area