Notices

Is it worth it? About to buy a sleeved motor need opinions by this sunday

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth it? About to buy a sleeved motor need opinions by this sunday

Ok so theres this guy that is selling his fully built d16z6 heres what it has

fully built d16z6 with about 12k miles on it Golden Eagle sleeves, wiseco pistons 8.8:1, eagle rods, acl race bearings, polished and balanced crank, arp head studs, ported and polished head with crower springs and retainers, crower stage 2 turbo cam has a stock port matched intake manifold with 65mm throttle body. It includes a ex transmission with act extreme pressure plate and street disc with a streetlite flywheel.

The engine was built and sleeved on January 08. He says he has the invoice from golden eagle and i told him to print it out and show it to me when i go see the motor.

Let me know what you think

Last edited by ticaaal70; 05-09-2010 at 04:48 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is it worth it? About to buy a sleeved motor need opinions by this sunday

not bad deal, but why is he selling it?
Old 05-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is it worth it? About to buy a sleeved motor need opinions by this sunday

Not sure but hes partly out his car completely.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for opinions!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 03:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do a compression test first... otherwise im quite jealous if you can get it for 1800
Old 05-08-2010, 03:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know how to do a compression test when the the motor is in the car but what if the motor is out of the car? How would i do it then?
Old 05-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't see why u can't put an air gun on the crank pulley and spin the motor a few times..... Or secure it and engage the starter to build compression
Old 05-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ive never seen an impact that can turn an engine over and over.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^^

Hmm not sure what to do. Any more opinions on what to do?
Old 05-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so i talked to him and he told me he did a compression test 1 mnth ago and got 170 all across the board and one being 175.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ask him to do a compression test with u present, and man that's a hell of a deal
Old 05-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well since we are talking about my motor i might as well comment on why it is being sold. my car was broken into sitting in my drive way on early tuesday the 27 as i was thinking about selling it soon anyways i decided that maybe this was a sign to part with luckily they couldnt get it started for some reason and only took my gauges, wideband, boost controller, distrubutor, and the cold side piping. it was the worst felling i have ever expierenced! the motor was in perfect running condition. it was my daily driver back and forth to work 6 miles a day. and sit for a year because i lost my license for a year. it was fully built by myself with the help of Justin Linder at Linder Power Systems in Richland. It has never been to the track on the sleeved built motor. hope this helps out.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by single cam fan
ask him to do a compression test with u present, and man that's a hell of a deal
Its off his car at the moment
Old 05-09-2010, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thomas@LPS
well since we are talking about my motor i might as well comment on why it is being sold. my car was broken into sitting in my drive way on early tuesday the 27 as i was thinking about selling it soon anyways i decided that maybe this was a sign to part with luckily they couldnt get it started for some reason and only took my gauges, wideband, boost controller, distrubutor, and the cold side piping. it was the worst felling i have ever expierenced! the motor was in perfect running condition. it was my daily driver back and forth to work 6 miles a day. and sit for a year because i lost my license for a year. it was fully built by myself with the help of Justin Linder at Linder Power Systems in Richland. It has never been to the track on the sleeved built motor. hope this helps out.
Sucks to hear about your car man i didnt know that. Well cant wait to go check it out on monday man.