Notices

A word of advise for those running the BLOX manifold

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A word of advise for those running the BLOX manifold

Just noticed this about my BLOX turbo mani today, nothing serious.

I run mine with the TiAL right on top and therefore the oil dip stick has to be bent over. Never cared about it until I noticed today the the heat has melted the rubber/plastic loop on the dip stick, and it dripped onto the manifold causing it to rust out quite a bit in that spot.

Anyway, wish I would have ran an after market dip stick ... you might wanna get one. I am gonna pull the mani and have it coated (also wish I would have done this to begin with). Hopefully this hasn't been covered... if it has.... fek ye
Old 03-09-2008, 03:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been running the BLOX manifold for 2 1/2 years, and my dipstick no more worse for wear than it was before. It does get pretty hot though.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most log manifolds have this same problem. I know that when i had my SPoolin Log, my dipstick was really close to the manifold and got awfully hot all the time. IIRC, Golden Eagle does offer a replacement dipstick with a metal top rather than the rubber coated OEM one...
Old 03-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: A word of advise for those running the BLOX manifold (jfoster)

Main reason I won't go turbo....
Old 03-09-2008, 12:48 PM

Default Re: A word of advise for those running the BLOX manifold (RCautoworks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RCautoworks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Main reason I won't go turbo.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

ha ha
Old 03-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A word of advise for those running the BLOX manifold (95jeremie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jfoster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just noticed this about my BLOX turbo mani today, nothing serious.

I run mine with the TiAL right on top and therefore the oil dip stick has to be bent over. Never cared about it until I noticed today the the heat has melted the rubber/plastic loop on the dip stick, and it dripped onto the manifold causing it to rust out quite a bit in that spot.

Anyway, wish I would have ran an after market dip stick ... you might wanna get one. I am gonna pull the mani and have it coated (also wish I would have done this to begin with). Hopefully this hasn't been covered... if it has.... fek ye</TD></TR></TABLE>

i run the same mani.! did you have to trim anything to get the wg to bolt directly to the manifold or did you use the elbow??
Old 03-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: A word of advise for those running the BLOX manifold (RCautoworks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RCautoworks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Main reason I won't go turbo.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, like I said not a big issue ... just something I wish I would have avoided.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crvtkllr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i run the same mani.! did you have to trim anything to get the wg to bolt directly to the manifold or did you use the elbow??</TD></TR></TABLE>

no, its really close to the hood but it clears. This is in a DC with LS . I think I have read about it not clearing other hoods, and not quite clearing Vtec valve covers. And its a tial 38mm wg.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:31 PM

Default Re: A word of advise for those running the BLOX manifold (jfoster)

the dip stick issue is apparent in almost all turbo setups. on the greddy setup back in 1998 we replaced the dipstick 3 times to oem versions
Old 04-09-2008, 08:22 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: A word of advise for those running the BLOX manifold (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the dip stick issue is apparent in almost all turbo setups. on the greddy setup back in 1998 we replaced the dipstick 3 times to oem versions</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hehe. I remember when I had 3 new OEM dipsticks sitting in the office.