Notices

wont run/start running super rich.. help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wont run/start running super rich.. help.

Well I was out driving around today, and my car all of sudden died on me. I tried starting it and it and I noticed my a/f gauge was all the way on rich. I got it off to the side of the road, luckily it was some people around to help me out.. I tried starting it and whenever it would run smoke would come out the front where the manifold is. Im thinking maybe my manifold gasket might be bad. I was also running extremely rich.. The car couldnt even keep itself running. We pulled the plugs and checked all them.. They were all black. So I went and got some new plugs and put them in. Tried it again and it still was running rich.. I reset the ecu. And still get the same problems.. UGH! So I had it towed back home.. Luckily it wasnt too far away. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do.. Im running a stock greddy kit. The cursed blue box!.. everything is stock on the motor. Whenever I start the car and let it run it sits there and sputters runs extremely rich, you can smell it coming out the exhaust. On my blue box the green light is blinking. Could it possibly be my blue box gone bad or sending a wrong signal.. Im throwing codes for my o2 sensor and some misfires as well. Everything on the car is stock.. Please help with any suggestions. Thanks
Old 06-22-2003, 05:34 PM

Default Re: wont run/start running super rich.. help. (Tetronious)

anybody?
Old 06-22-2003, 07:01 PM
JAY

check all your blue box connections.....u did solder them right?
Old 06-22-2003, 07:45 PM

if the blue box is working and wired up correctly u shouldnt have problems like that. like asked before, did u solder all connections?

have u checked ur 02 sensor since ur throwin a code? if the sensor is out then ur in limp mode and running rich.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:40 PM

i figured it out.. somehow my map sensor came loose.. i wasnt really paying attention and i happen to look up and it was sitting there the connector was unplugged.. i plugged it right in started it up and everything ran fine. im sure my o2 sensor is still faulty though.. thanks for the help though.