Notices

Winter's comin, should i put my turbo in???

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2001, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Winter's comin, should i put my turbo in???

Iknow that turbo's require much more intensive attention for reliablility issues. I have just about completed my backyard turbo setup, but I dont know if I should bother putting it on my car now or wait til spring. For all of you that dont know, I am in the northeast--kinda anyway southern Pa. It can either be nasty during the winter or hardly 4 inches of snow all year. I am debating whether or not I should put on my kit now and have to deal with reliability issues during our cold season or just wait til it gets nicer in the spring. What do you think?? I am itching for boost, especially now, it seems like atleast 8-10 differnt board members just had their turbo's installed in the last 2 weeks. I really, really, want my snaill to be on, but reliablilty kills me. What if I am having troubles like many of the 1st time F/I people have with all the bugs and ****. I dont wanna be on the side of the road in 15 degree wheather tryin to figure out why my car is runnin like ***.
Please give me some insight here. I know some of the hard-core boost guys are gonna say go for it. But I dunno?
Should I? Or shouldnt I?
Old 11-06-2001, 05:09 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Winter's comin, should i put my turbo in??? (93LSivic)

I feel for you man. I am a cheesehead and winter will soon be here. I decided to drive a beater during the winter and put the turbo in at the same time. I had a variety of problems and i was happy to have the beater. But when nice days came, the boost was oh-so sweet. If you can get a winter beater and work on the car. If you can't do the winter beater, then I would say wait unless you can fix anything on the car yourself. If you think you can diagnose and repair on the fly, then go for it.

You got a cell-phone and a true friend right? Then you are set.

Later.
Randy