Notices

Will never deal with BullsEye Power

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will never deal with BullsEye Power

Had to vent someone so figured this is the best place! I purchased a Borgwarner S372 and after about 100 or so miles it began smoking. I sent it to Bullseye to have inspected and they tell me it needs a rebuild so I agree on a rebuild for $250 which should fix my problem. I install the unit a week after receive it, drive it for a day and it begins to smoke again! I never had the chance to take it off and send it back which I agree is my fault but I sent it back in the beginning of this month. I call them to find out whats wrong and now they tell me it needs a whole new cartridge. So I say you just rebuilt the unit, you couldn't tell me then, so they say well rebuilds only last 3-4 months I'm like wth! Why would you bother rebuilding then, so I'm like whatever I need it back so they take partial fault and take off the amount of the rebuild. So this was last week, turbo was suppose to be sent out on wed, they never send it out because they didn't receive payment even though they have my #they never call and hold my turbo a whole week till I call to find out whats wrong and they had no idea what to say! Whatever I had to let it out I feel better now!
Old 08-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will never deal with BullsEye Power

Originally Posted by BigheadMotorz
Had to vent someone so figured this is the best place! I purchased a Borgwarner S372 and after about 100 or so miles it began smoking. I sent it to Bullseye to have inspected and they tell me it needs a rebuild so I agree on a rebuild for $250 which should fix my problem. I install the unit a week after receive it, drive it for a day and it begins to smoke again! I never had the chance to take it off and send it back which I agree is my fault but I sent it back in the beginning of this month. I call them to find out whats wrong and now they tell me it needs a whole new cartridge. So I say you just rebuilt the unit, you couldn't tell me then, so they say well rebuilds only last 3-4 months I'm like wth! Why would you bother rebuilding then, so I'm like whatever I need it back so they take partial fault and take off the amount of the rebuild. So this was last week, turbo was suppose to be sent out on wed, they never send it out because they didn't receive payment even though they have my #they never call and hold my turbo a whole week till I call to find out whats wrong and they had no idea what to say! Whatever I had to let it out I feel better now!
sorry man ive been thru that with precision. garrets have treated me the best.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What a headache. Sorry man.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im dealing with the same thing right now with precision. i poped 2 turbos oil seals. and they cant tell me ANYTHING to fix it.

what motor do you have this turbo on? is it a journal bearing?
Old 08-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by WhiteEJCoupe
im dealing with the same thing right now with precision. i poped 2 turbos oil seals. and they cant tell me ANYTHING to fix it.

It's on a B series and yea it's a non ball bearing turbo. Its like just be straight up with your customers!
Old 08-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im running a Borg Warner turbo and have never had a problem with any of the service or support.

I dont mean to blame you/your car, but is it a possibility that your not using a large enough oil supply or dont have an unrestricted drain?
Old 08-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by zx636d6f
Im running a Borg Warner turbo and have never had a problem with any of the service or support.

I dont mean to blame you/your car, but is it a possibility that your not using a large enough oil supply or dont have an unrestricted drain?
I checked it all man, everything was fine. They even said everything looks ok besides some scratches they missed during the rebuild.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can understand if it was my fault but why keep the turbo sitting there for a week and not call the customer if you couldn't get payment!
Old 08-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Retired Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zx636d6f
This

damn man, usually name brand turbo's dont take a **** after 100 miles, sorry to hear ur having problems.. Those clowns should be more definitive.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EsotericImage
This

damn man, usually name brand turbo's dont take a **** after 100 miles, sorry to hear ur having problems.. Those clowns should be more definitive.
This is why I'm so upset!! How is this proving you have a great product or service with all the bullshit.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by WhiteEJCoupe

ive found precision turbos and garrett turbos realy like an oil restrictor. i run a function7 unit on my garrett turbo and have run it on an ebay turbo and precision turbo. I believe its a .035 opening. turbo spools faster and alot less oil in the compressor housing. some is normal but this helped out alot. i swear by oil restriction. the oil rings are designed to handle up to 65psi oil pressure and we all know hondas make more than that.

im sure ill be flamed but i stand by what works for my own experiences
Old 08-23-2010, 03:34 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

You won't get flamed,but you need to understand what the S372 oil pressures are ok with. Precision and Garrett are not the same Borg-warner in many ways. I think that the OP needs to check to make sure (like WhiteEJCoupe did) to look at the oil return and feed system and how it is laid out. A lot of these turbos "blowing" are mainly due to oil backup at the retrun line because one may be using incorrect parts or configuration. Also make sure that the cartridge isn't off-angle more than about 20 degrees.

To the OP.
I know Bullseye may have your cc#, but which is more upsetting. Making a charge without your knowledge because they already had the cc#, or NOT using it, so that both you and the company can get a final correct total on your turbocharger?
So you called them, big deal.. should they put a napkin in your lap before you eat dinner too? ANY prudent person wanting to know about their turbo is going to e-mail, call, or PM for updates. At least they agreed to work on it. In many cases, that would not happen. You have the right to vent of course, but get ALL the information out first. no one will blame you if you give ALL the facts.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah from what ive gathered the bullseyes like alot of oil. thats why i was only saying on a garrett or precision. Yeah i had oil back up issues on my first setup back in the day from a poorly routed drain. once i fixed it turbo stopped smoking
Old 08-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
You won't get flamed,but you need to understand what the S372 oil pressures are ok with. Precision and Garrett are not the same Borg-warner in many ways. I think that the OP needs to check to make sure (like WhiteEJCoupe did) to look at the oil return and feed system and how it is laid out. A lot of these turbos "blowing" are mainly due to oil backup at the retrun line because one may be using incorrect parts or configuration. Also make sure that the cartridge isn't off-angle more than about 20 degrees.

To the OP.
I know Bullseye may have your cc#, but which is more upsetting. Making a charge without your knowledge because they already had the cc#, or NOT using it, so that both you and the company can get a final correct total on your turbocharger?
So you called them, big deal.. should they put a napkin in your lap before you eat dinner too? ANY prudent person wanting to know about their turbo is going to e-mail, call, or PM for updates. At least they agreed to work on it. In many cases, that would not happen. You have the right to vent of course, but get ALL the information out first. no one will blame you if you give ALL the facts.
Well that's facts are that they emailed a tracking # claiming the turbo should arrive 08/23/2010 and since it was that date I decided to call them and that's when she decided to tell me it wasn't shipped!!! I been in the business for a long time, I just rather have business care for there customers better!!! There isn't any lies here just NO COMMUNICATION between the business and there customers.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

It just sounds like the ball got dropped somewhere. It's something that could have been handled a little better, sure.
At the same time you have to take into consideration the volumes they (and a lot of other places in manifacturing deal with) deal with as well. There's nothing wrong with follow up phone calls from the customer to check status. It's usually a lot easier for the customer to call in, than it is for the business to call out.

Go thru your oiling layout. Hopefully your problem will be taken care of.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Autoworks
It just sounds like the ball got dropped somewhere. It's something that could have been handled a little better, sure.
At the same time you have to take into consideration the volumes they (and a lot of other places in manifacturing deal with) deal with as well. There's nothing wrong with follow up phone calls from the customer to check status. It's usually a lot easier for the customer to call in, than it is for the business to call out.

Go thru your oiling layout. Hopefully your problem will be taken care of.
Yea i'll make sure the oil layout is ok before i go crazy again.
I did make the follow up phone call after i didnt recieve it the time of arrival by the tracking #
But this happen during the time i sent it back for a rebuild, just confusion! Im sure it happens to us all but it happen to me both times and i can never get a real answer, plus the answer " Turbo rebuilds usually last 3-4 months anyways" didnt really make me any happier. It is what it is i guess, im not a person to bash at all i want everyone to have a successful business!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If they give you an unsatifactory time frame, get your turbo back and give Ben at AGPTurbo.com a call. They sell practically ALL big turbo setups for SRTs and they are one of the only places for us to get BW turbos...its where I got mine. They do in house repairs and rebuilds and can get things done a lot faster than what you were quoted.

Another thing that I didnt think of until now....all of the research I did on my S256 then S360 before I got them DEMANDED a proper break in. These turbos can go to hell and back but there are a few things to make sure and do, the 500 mile 0 boost break in is one of them. I dont know if your ruuning a turbo timer or something similar but especially since these are oil cooled/lubricated turbos it is imperative that its given proper DRIVE time to cool down. This means not doing a 140 pull then pulling over, shutting the car off, and talking about how fast it is
Old 08-24-2010, 02:53 PM

Would you mind showing where this "research" is regarding 'break in' of the turbo? I was running and using these turbos years before they were popular here, and never was a "break in" required.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

stupid question but
it s the turbo smoking not the motor rite?
also when u got the rebuild turbo back did u burn out the oil in the exhaust?
Old 08-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds odd you didn't buy it new?

Rebuilds only last 3 or 4 months? Since when were they a bandaid? Housing is checked then its okay for rebuild, this isn't a temporary fix!

I'm surprised no one said you don't make sense.

You're blowing turbo seals left and right which is something I've never heard of before
you're best coming back with a rational CLEAR reply.

How are you feeding this turbocharger oil and how are you draining it?

I install the unit a week after receive it, drive it for a day and it begins to smoke again! I never had the chance to take it off and send it back which I agree is my fault but I sent it back in the beginning of this month. I call them to find out whats wrong and now they tell me it needs a whole new cartridge.
Which one is it? Your fault or a ''spontaneous'' bad CHRA?
Old 08-25-2010, 03:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Actually, BEP has some of the faster warranty/service turnaround times I've seen. We have on most occassions had the turbo received, inspected, repaired and shipped back out within 48 hours without a hitch. Will the ball get dropped in daily business where that won't happen, sure...it happens.

For the "500 mile, 0 boost" break in. I have never heard of that, and would say its uncalled for. Take into consideration, the majority of the larger turbos go from out the box, on the car, to the dyno, to the track all with less than a 10 mile trip.

What does 500 miles really equate to??

I agree, you don't want to do repeated hot shut downs on any turbo car, regardless of the turbo brand.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can someone answer this for me? I had them install a brand new cartridge and just got it .. Is it normal to have up and down shaft play? It's not a slight play and it's not hittin the inner housing.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an issue with my S256 after a shop installed a sandwich adapter on my car (without de-burring the threads) and a piece of metal lodged in the bearing and chewed it up. I sent my turbo in, paid my dues, and within a week, i had a beautiful, new S256 sitting on my doorstep. I had a very easy time dealing with them. Sorry to hear this happened.

I must say though, once is an isolated event, but a few times in a row may mean there is a problem on YOUR end...the manufacturer may have given you a faulty unit, but the chances of that happening 2x in a row are pretty slim. These units aren't just thrown together by a 6 year old...I would investigate yourself before bitching about others.

To me, this is analogous to running a basemap on boost, blowing a few engines and then complaining that Honda engines suck on boost. To the affected person, it seems that the mechanical parts are failing when in reality there are other issues abound.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Schister66
I had an issue with my S256 after a shop installed a sandwich adapter on my car (without de-burring the threads) and a piece of metal lodged in the bearing and chewed it up. I sent my turbo in, paid my dues, and within a week, i had a beautiful, new S256 sitting on my doorstep. I had a very easy time dealing with them. Sorry to hear this happened.

I must say though, once is an isolated event, but a few times in a row may mean there is a problem on YOUR end...the manufacturer may have given you a faulty unit, but the chances of that happening 2x in a row are pretty slim. These units aren't just thrown together by a 6 year old...I would investigate yourself before bitching about others.

To me, this is analogous to running a basemap on boost, blowing a few engines and then complaining that Honda engines suck on boost. To the affected person, it seems that the mechanical parts are failing when in reality there are other issues abound.
Ok once again we're not understanding the whole situation! Its more then the turbo itself it's
1. Telling me the rebuild is only good for 3 to 4 months
2. Telling me that they should of sold me a new cartridge to begin with but overlooked it.
3. Telling me the turbo is sent out and emailing me a track # and never sending it out
4. Waiting for me to call a week later to find out there waiting for Payment and had the wrong c.c. Info. But had every which way to contact me!
Old 08-26-2010, 09:10 PM

There's just much more to this that is being missed somewhere..

Quick Reply: Will never deal with BullsEye Power