Notices

Will i need a boost controller if i run hondata on a internal wastegate t3?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 01:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will i need a boost controller if i run hondata on a internal wastegate t3?

like post says will i need a boost controller if i run hondata on a internal wastegate t3?
Old 03-10-2005, 01:28 AM
New User

Default Re: Will i need a boost controller if i run hondata on a internal wastegate t3? (brixity)

do you want more boost than the stock wastegate spring?
Old 03-10-2005, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Will i need a boost controller if i run hondata on a internal wastegate t3? (01geeser)

yeah you'll be fine as long as the actuator isn't bent. If you want to up the boost your gonna need one. But if you want to keep it at the preset boost then your good
Old 04-05-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Will i need a boost controller if i run hondata on a internal wastegate t3? (Hyaboosta)

searching and I came up on this thread..I'm running the greddy profec b boost controller with my internally gated turbo...how can I find out the amount of psi on the wastegate? Still searching.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will i need a boost controller if i run hondata on a internal wastegate t3? (DMax013)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DMax013 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">searching and I came up on this thread..I'm running the greddy profec b boost controller with my internally gated turbo...how can I find out the amount of psi on the wastegate? Still searching. </TD></TR></TABLE>

turn the boost controller off.. go out and drive your car... watch the boost gauge.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Will i need a boost controller if i run hondata on a internal wastegate t3? (dustin)

ya i was just wondering if there was a way to simulate boost with the actuator off the car. like a compressor but u cant regulate the psi to kno what it takes. no tool i kno of does that so I guess i will just have to drive it..

one more question, i just installed the final peice of my IC piping and only thing im lacking is an uberdata tune and a downpipe. could i start it without the downpipe. not like drive it or n e thing. but to see if my oil lines hold up. i read a thread about someone driving to get a downpipe but decided to tow it, but would starting it be okay or would it overspin the turbo. I've asked this b4 but that was without intercooler on or n e thing just open turbo all around and im just makin sure i dont do somethin stupid.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will i need a boost controller if i run hondata on a internal wastegate t3? (DMax013)

Well you could use a regulator for an air compressor but I don't know how consistently it could hold low pressure like 8psi...
Old 04-05-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Will i need a boost controller if i run hondata on a internal wastegate t3? (dustin)

well seeing as how dustin is on a roll with all of the answers

it would be beneficial to get a boost controller be it a manual or elctronic, as opposed to just running off of the WG spring right? also, with the MBC, the easiest way to know exactly what PSI you are at when adjusting it is? (a full turn clockwise is 1psi or something?)
Old 04-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will i need a boost controller if i run hondata on a internal wastegate t3? (Thurman Merman)

Boost pressure is going to probably be the steadiest/most consistent just running off the WG spring. You can kill a little (slight amount) of turbo lag with a boost controller.

MBCs are hit or miss.. hehe. Depends on the controller. TurboXS base model is close to 1psi per turn. the base turboXS is just a bleeder valve. They make a high-performance model that has 2 "boost control devices" inside of it. It has the bleeder valve from the cheapie turboXS and a ball/spring setup that is supposed to help a bit with "lag". I have this MBC on my car and it's a bit inconsisent. Holds .4-.5 bar most the time (.25bar WG spring) but sometimes spikes to say .6 or .7 bar. Either way I've now ordered an AVC-R....
Old 04-05-2005, 05:59 PM

youre thoughts on the greddy profec?
Old 04-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Will i need a boost controller if i run hondata on a internal wastegate t3? (Thurman Merman)

which one? They are decent. I like the AVC-R more (should have never sold my old one hehe).