Notices

Wierd thing happen to my Greddy type s BOV today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd thing happen to my Greddy type s BOV today...

Well i was driving around town today and everything seemed normal with my car. I hit a red light then took off somewhat hard hoping to see some boost, but nothing was happening, I look at the boost gauge and its pegged at 0psi. So i lay off the throttle and pull over right away. First thing i notice is that the bolt that goes into the top of the blow off valve is tottaly missing! i'm not sure if it worked its self loose or if one of my friends loosened it way up or what but it is gone forever. I had some tape in my car so i put a small piece over the hole and limped all the way hope, avoiding boost. I'm pretty sure that it is some sort of tapered "bolt" with a nut that goes on to it. i'm pretty sure that my ace hardware will have something similar but if they dont what would you guys reccomend I do? the greddy site doesnt show that they sell this piece seperatley, so i think i'm sort of outta luck there. i think my best bet would be going to the hardware store and finding something that will fit the BOV, but i'd appreciate some input from you guys.
Old 07-18-2003, 12:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

19 views and no replies? help me out guys! please?
Old 07-18-2003, 01:00 AM

Default Re: (glowing_rotors)

IM FredoSP...the same thing happened to him.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:08 AM

i thought the nut on top was just a locknut to prevent the top screw on the bov from accidentaly changing settings. even if the nut comes completely off, isn't there still enough tightness in the screw to keep it from just turning loose? what i'm saying is that maybe ur not boosting has nothing to do with the nut coming loose. if its not then i'd say check ur charge pipes and connections. i've had them pop off before when launching hard. good luck
Old 07-18-2003, 11:22 AM
Boostless97Lude

Default Re: (Pengo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pengo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i thought the nut on top was just a locknut to prevent the top screw on the bov from accidentaly changing settings. </TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah, tell that to my ******* FPR, the damn engine vibrations worked the freaking nut off
Old 07-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (UN-Boosted97Lude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UN-Boosted97Lude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
yeah, tell that to my ******* FPR, the damn engine vibrations worked the freaking nut off </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, i'm pretty sure thats what happen with my BOV. And yes the nut is just there so you can secure the bolt after adjusting it.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:17 PM

Trevor, ever find out what the problem is??....I did have one of the charge pipes come loose after boosting, specifically the one going into the IC
Old 07-19-2003, 12:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (98hx99b18c)

Zubin, I'm not exactly sure what caused it but we ended up re-tapping the hole and threading a new nut/bolt into it. I've been checking the charge pipes pretty regularly and they seem to be fine. An exhaust leak has started but hopefully I'll get that fixed ASAP, not a huge deal but not a good thing for sure.
Old 07-19-2003, 12:33 AM

Without the nut, the BOV will loosen itself. It could be you are loosing boost through the loose bov.
Old 07-19-2003, 12:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea the nut worked its self loose then the whole bolt that goes into the top of the BOV came out. i got it all fixed today though.
Old 07-19-2003, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i know you already fixed it, but for future references, that nut is just a 10mm nut...same thing that goes on our honda 10mm bolts. so if it ever comes off again, just find a spare one somewhere on your car that you don't need. mine comes off every so often that i'm about to jb weld the sum bitch!
Old 07-19-2003, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (shermanyang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shermanyang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah i know you already fixed it, but for future references, that nut is just a 10mm nut...same thing that goes on our honda 10mm bolts. so if it ever comes off again, just find a spare one somewhere on your car that you don't need. mine comes off every so often that i'm about to jb weld the sum bitch!</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the info man. i think i'm going to double nut it and see if that works. i'll let you know how it goes.