Notices

Why are there still Honda haters?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are there still Honda haters?

Why are there still Honda haters? After all this time don't you think other car fans would just give respect where it is due. This Honda has no torque issue is still being thrown around. Does anyone race from 1000rpms to 4000rpm besides me in my turbo diesel pickup. I started out as a Toyota man, hating on vtec until one day I drove a Eg with a b18c1. After that even I knew what's up. Oh well for me it's Turbo Honda forever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...email

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...email
Old 09-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I built a civic. sleeved motor aem Sc61 headwork etc. replaced every bushing and every worn part. car was mint. then started hanging out with supra guys and feeling the raw power from a 2jz or even 1jz is just a difference experience thats hard to put into words. and the cars themselves just feel more solid. much more refined, quiet and stable at high speeds
I now have a 1jz powered s14. and I bought another civic. to boost. it provides a different feel. no refinement, no traction. feels like a tin can. but all that is whats great about them. they are very fun to drive. people who dont like them just cant accept these things. the rest just got beat by hondas and hate them for that.

then there are American car owners who just cant accept them because they are foreign and FWD because narrow minded people think there is only one way to skin a cat. but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. you cant build one car that the whole world will respect.

Modified by Boostage at 11:52 PM 9/12/2008
Old 09-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostage)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I built a civic. sleeved motor aem Sc61 headwork etc. replaced every bushing and every worn part. car was mint. then started hanging out with supra guys and feeling the raw power from a 2jz or even 1jz is just a difference experience thats hard to put into words. and the cars themselves just feel more solid. much more refined, quiet and stable at high speeds
I now have a 1jz powered s14. and I bought another civic. to boost. it provides a different feel. no refinement, no traction. feels like a tin can. but all that is whats great about them. they are very fun to drive. people who dont like them just cant accept these things. the rest just got beat by hondas and hate them for that.

then there are American car owners who just cant accept them because they are foreign and FWD because narrow minded people think there is only one way to skin a cat. but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. you cant build one car that the whole world will respect.

Modified by Boostage at 11:52 PM 9/12/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

I feel u on that. I want an SCxxx or something in that RWD class as well. It does feel wrong to have 400whp+ in a civic or teg, but that makes it so much fun. I want a rwd car to get sideways in (without crashing of course) so I can pretend I am a D1 drifter. I see it as Honda turbo for strait line 0-100mph on the streets and rwd/awd SC, FD3, S14/15, supra, evo ect.... for everything else.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (VtecCarHauler)

Yeah, it's a mixture of reasons. Alot of other foreign car owners don't like Honda's because of the aftermarket support they have. Alot of American car owners and V8 guys don't like them because it's "not American" ,though I suppose guzzling gas and driving a car full of japanese made parts anyway ISN'T. Not to mention, many Honda's are built in the U.S. and they are in some ways MORE American to buy than certain domestic vehicles really are.

You gonna have haters because they got beat, or they just don't know anything about them. I personally drive what I drive because I like it, and if someone else doesn't well guess what...tough sh*t.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why are there still Honda haters? (VtecCarHauler)

First off why do you care if they hate? The only thing that matters is you love your Honda. I believe thats a great thing. My point is. It doesn't matter what they think. They'll figure it out when they're checking your tail lights.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

By the way that truly is a sweet setup you're running.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:49 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I built a civic. sleeved motor aem Sc61 headwork etc. replaced every bushing and every worn part. car was mint. then started hanging out with supra guys and feeling the raw power from a 2jz or even 1jz is just a difference experience thats hard to put into words. and the cars themselves just feel more solid.

Modified by Boostage at 11:52 PM 9/12/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

my 2jz makes 750 and doenst feel that raw

i got a turbo ls1 camaro that puts down 525 WHP 620 torque.. THAT feels raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww !! all that torque

however, a well setup honda definately is very FUN to drive
Old 09-13-2008, 01:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I post my fair of stuff on youtube. You know how to stop haters? Simply don't allow people to comment on your videos.

Just know that there are douche bags out there that want to **** in your Wheaties. nip it in the bud, don't allow people to comment. I suspect it really irritates some of those haters too.

I might just post a video called "SWEET eBay turbo, kills HKS, fueled by the guts of baby seals, makes 900whp and eats domestic V8's like lonely fat chicks on a wedding cake". I can't imagine anybody would take offense to that....

It's not just us, it's anybody that puts themselves out there, gets hated on.

Let people that want to enjoy your videos, enjoy your videos. Why have them comment on them?

It's like locking your car in a shifty neighborhood, just expect the worst and you'll probably be fine. leave your car unlocked and running with a $100 bill on the dash, and it's likely your car will not be there when you get back. That's youtube.... ...lol...

And I always want to know how it is that haters end up watching videos they feel are gay in the first place.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You can set it up so people cant comment on your videos?
Old 09-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can set it up so people cant comment on your videos?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yep. Solves all the problems.

Here's and example of somebody "nipping it in the bud". Rather than allow people to post how they got higher numbers, Mustangs kick-***, or you did something wrong, or your buddies car puts out twice that power, This guy disabled comments.

Smart move, in my opinion.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3ejBDA__HYM
Old 09-13-2008, 11:46 AM

Default Re: (vectorsolid)

We did a quick low boost tune on my hatch with the old stock H22/turbo setup on 6psi about 3 years ago. A buddy of mine followed us while we were street tuning it videoing as much as he could. He posted it on you-tube and its endless bs about 2jz, 1jz, mustangs, k20s being faster. I just quit looking at it cuz it was pissing me off. People will never understand until they own one. Youve got a killer setup and dont let some 15 year old punk that cant even drive tell you how fast his supra is and how slow your car looks.
Im building a 1950 chevy truck that my grandfather left to me and am seriously considering a full 2jz power train. Ive never seen one b4 and that way it will still **** off the haters. LOL

You just keep up the good work and dont let others get you down. Just give them their headlights back when your done sucking them out. HAHA
Old 09-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Evil-EK)

Usually, a person is posting a video for friends, family, people you associate with on forums, etc. Don't give lowlife's (that you don't even know) the chance to mess with you. Don't allow comments, and then shake your head in disbelief, when you see well meaning people defending themselves against dumb-asses commenting on their videos.

This is a solvable problem.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Evil-EK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Im building a 1950 chevy truck that my grandfather left to me and am seriously considering a full 2jz power train. Ive never seen one b4 and that way it will still **** off the haters. LOL

You just keep up the good work and dont let others get you down. Just give them their headlights back when your done sucking them out. HAHA</TD></TR></TABLE>

The best revenge is to post all your wildest stuff, and then don't let them get a word in edgewise.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RC000E)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, it's a mixture of reasons. Alot of other foreign car owners don't like Honda's because of the aftermarket support they have. Alot of American car owners and V8 guys don't like them because it's "not American" ,though I suppose guzzling gas and driving a car full of japanese made parts anyway ISN'T. Not to mention, many Honda's are built in the U.S. and they are in some ways MORE American to buy than certain domestic vehicles really are. </TD></TR></TABLE>

My old 1998 LS1 Camaro, bread and butter of American muscle behind the foxbody. Built and assembled in Mexico, woo for the American way of outsourcing!! Was a piece of **** too.

People will think what people will think. I like Honda's because they're cheap, easy to work on, and often times underestimated.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vectorsolid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vectorsolid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The best revenge is to post all your wildest stuff, and then don't let them get a word in edgewise. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the info. I didnt realize you could disable comments, thats awesome. Im definatly gonna take advantage of that
Old 09-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well with-in the import world the 4g63 vs. Honda battle has been going on long before I drive. I remember going to my first couple of street races, and everyone seemed to have a Honda. Most were slow, or just about to blow-up. I just kind of dared to be different, and got my 1st AWD talon. All of a sudden, I had a bit of repect when it came to street races. Not many Hondas wanted to race me the street, without me giving them something. I always repected fast cars, and you will be extremely stupid not to. My respect for honda's didn't change until NON-VTEC (Rick) raced a guy named John Coggs with a 2G Eclipse. He raced him heads up, no bitching or nothing. He raced and lost. He shaked his hand and said he'd do it again and paid the man. He did do it again, and busted his *** without asking for cars (heads up). His car was nitrous powered at the time, but Coggs had all the big parts back then and ran 11's on pump gas with a 50trim. Both car were on race gas I believe. It was maybe just him as a man, but I thought damn. "That little red hatch is pretty fast street car". I didn't start out liking Roger (street racing) , but he's a good friend of mine now (nothing I wouldn't do for him). MD23vtec Vs TryMe 1 (Avon) was by far, one the craziest thing i've ever seen other then RichG vs TryMe 1. Poorboy (Jarred)Vs TryMe 1(Avon) was also a bad *** race. When MD23vtec beat TryMe 1, that was the first time i've ever seen my man Avon turn "humble". Jarred lost, but after re-tuning or something it blew up or something and never re-did the race. I was still a kid but alot of money was exchanged, and people stood up and did what they had to do. When it comes down to it, it's the people we truely hate. The car's are just something we attach the hate to, and it passes with time.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:03 PM

Default Re: (rhamlinii)

hondas=
they make insane engines, and they are very easy and cheap to modify. but otherwise they are especially the newer ones. dont tell me youd take a civic over a supra or skyline. fwd is fwd. anythign over 300whp and its just useless power. its still fun though
Old 09-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CRXdan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXdan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hondas=
they make insane engines, and they are very easy and cheap to modify. but otherwise they are especially the newer ones. dont tell me youd take a civic over a supra or skyline. fwd is fwd. anythign over 300whp and its just useless power. its still fun though</TD></TR></TABLE>

I won't take a Civic over a Supra, but I would take my Integra over a Supra...

And since I also wanted a Supra, I just bought one... It doesn't mean I would take the Supra over the Integra... You can't drive a Supra, or a Skyline just like a nimble powerful FWD car on the streets and nail every corner yet safe to take it to the limits. A Honda has its place, with all around practical yet fun car even if it's fully built to the ****.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXdan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hondas=
they make insane engines, and they are very easy and cheap to modify. but otherwise they are especially the newer ones. dont tell me youd take a civic over a supra or skyline. fwd is fwd. anythign over 300whp and its just useless power. its still fun though</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, well, go own a skyline then tell me you wouldn't take a Honda over one.

14 MPG in the city? Yeah, that sucks. 22 on the highway? Sucks even more. Expensive parts? Yep, that really blows. Stock engines can't take **** all for abuse? Right on there.

Pretty well any Skyline that has some upgraded turbos is useless power too. A 500 WHP GTR will powerslide through any street corner on street tires if you go full throttle, you get to illegal speeds really, really fast when you don't spin, and they're finicky cars. Lots of AWD, 4 wheel steering, and electrical issues. Coilpacks die, coilpack harnesses get frayed, G-sensors (which will run you 300+ a piece and there are four of them in the GTR) will die, wheel speed sensors die, stock turbine wheels like to explode, HICAS system makes for lots of fluid leaks all over, the list just goes on and on.

No car is perfect, and GTR's/Skylines sure have their fair share of problems. I'm very seriously considering trading my built motor 500+ WHP GTR for a nice clean EK Hatch with a GSR motor and a bunch of cash, throw a turbo kit on there, build the motor, make 450 WHP on pump gas, and not be worried the transmission or differentials are going to explode every time I lean on it.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:28 PM

Default Re: (tokesGTR)

hey man.. im just a honda hater. even though thats all ive ever owned

this post has absolutley nothing to do with "forced induction"
Old 09-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Evil-EK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Im building a 1950 chevy truck that my grandfather left to me and am seriously considering a full 2jz power train. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Have you considered swapping in the vortec 4.2 inline 6 from the trailblazer/envoy? It's 290 hp in the 06+ version, 270 or so in the earlier one. I think the biggest problem with that would be the tuning, I believe it has variable timing on the exhaust cam, which might be hard to control with an aftermarket ecu..? As far as I know, no one has adapted the factory computer to run boost, other than the factory with their twin turbo prototype..which for some insanely stupid reason, they pissed on in favor of the ls2 for the SS. People say the higher load parts of the oem ecu map are alpha n, which wouldn't work for boost. Who knows, all I know is the electronics are all tied together, it's drive by wire, and the ecu controls everything, from the throttle to the tranny to the traction control to the dash. Either way, I bet that motor would be nice with boost.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rorik)

because for every 1 clean, fast, properly built honda there are 100 with miss matching paint jobs, body kits, spoilers, fart can exhuasts and graphics. And those a-holes drive around revving on everybody like clowns and it gives the rest of us a bad name. There is one other reason, they are SCARED!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXdan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey man.. im just a honda hater. even though thats all ive ever owned

this post has absolutley nothing to do with "forced induction"</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wasn't taking a stab at you or anything, just saying that these cars have been built up to some pretty epic, and largely undeserved, standards. Anything we didn't get stateside in the first place tends to take this pedestal of greatness which isn't always deserved. A lot of people around here still have this idea that you can take a GTR, throw on an exhaust and a boost controller and make 500 HP.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:18 AM

The torque thing is kind of a matter of taste, but let me see if I can explain its lure. I used to own a C4 Corvette. I found it easier to hussle something that makes a lot of torque through stop and go traffic than my Civic. Punch it from 1,500 RPM with the Corvette, and it would take off instantly. If I did the same thing in my Civic, I'd just lug the engine. I'm too used to torque cars that I don't think I would ever try an all motor buildup for my Civic unless it was an H22 swap - for street use, I just prefer an engine that has more kick in the range where I normally drive. (If it were a dedicated track car, that might be another story.)

One other reason for Honda haters - back when a riced out Honda was a fashion statement, there were a lot of Honda-owning haters out there that mananged to give many domestic owners the sense that anyone who modded Hondas was a clueless teenager with delusions he could smoke a 5.0 Mustang with his D15 because he'd thrown an Iceman intake and 6" exhaust tip, and a whole lot of stickers, at it. That's still the perception some domestic owners - and even a few import guys - have of Honda owners.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Why are there still Honda haters? (MadScientistMatt)

My mom has a 2002 WS6, I have a turbo civic (full weight). My car is quieter, and nearly as fast in a straight line. Mine can kill corners though, and I don't have to worry about flipping $25k in steel into a ditch when I drive the Civic hard. Overall I love the torque her car has, but its just to heavy, has too little visibility, and just doesn't seem do it for daily driving. Not to mention it eats tires as fast as it does gasoline. Its a fun car though.

The main reason people hate is because they've never driven one. My first Honda experience was when I was 17. I had older V8's as first cars, and just got my 1967 Firebird rolling (this was ~1999). Going from heavy, powerful cars with 3 gears to featherweights with 5 gears was a big change. I really haven't looked back though - I've been driving turbo Hondas for the last 3 years, and I haven't even SEEN my bird in almost 3 years! I'm actually not 100% sure its still in storage...

Quick Reply: Why are there still Honda haters?