Notices

Why is my turbo still leaking oil?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is my turbo still leaking oil?

Hey guys i am stumped here, my turbo is a gt35r it uses the proper feed line and oil restrictor that came with the full race kit, along with a nice big 1 inch drain with all down hill and no bends, a few weeks ago i started notice oil splatter on my valve cover and hood, but only after making a pass down the track, it is coming out of the compressor housing right where you clock it, so i took the turbo to blouch turbo and had them replace the CHRA with a brand new garret center section, well i went back to the track and after 4 passes its doing it again, although not as bad, i have my block vented with a endyn kit and my valve cover is vented at the stock hole and also threw another fitting i added, so i dont think its to much crank case pressure, could my oil be the reason? i am using royal purple 10/30 could it be to thin? im stumped and just feel like i wasted almost a grand on a new CHRA , granted the old CHRA did have a tad bit of shaft play and the comp wheel had a few nicks i still am upset the new CHRA is also seeping, again it only does it at the track after a full 21 psi pass could it be when im on the brakes the oil is climbing the pan and blocking the drain? any ideas guys?
Old 04-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why is my turbo still leaking oil?

I guess it helps to mention the car makes 510 at 21 psi and didnt leak a bit on the dyno the other day or when daily driven, seems to only do it at the track thats why i was thinking about maybe when im on the brakes maybe oil is climbing the drain tube and blocking it, any way im hoping some of you experts have a idea.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why is my turbo still leaking oil?

any ideas?