Notices

Why don't people run dual exhausts with turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why don't people run dual exhausts with turbo?

More flow = more power... mmm dual rice cannons (3")
Old 10-20-2003, 03:04 PM
New User

Default Re: Why don't people run dual exhausts with turbo? (CarbonCreations)

what?

one bank of cylinders = one pipe for exhaust.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CarbonCreations &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">More flow = more power... mmm dual rice cannons (3")</TD></TR></TABLE>

uhh... last time I checked we aren't running V4's..
Old 10-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why don't people run dual exhausts with turbo? (Tofurky)

you guys are all wrong, its b/c our body kits dont have the cutouts for dualies
Old 10-20-2003, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Why don't people run dual exhausts with turbo? (Foozball26)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Foozball26 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you guys are all wrong, its b/c our body kits dont have the cutouts for dualies </TD></TR></TABLE>

actuallly most of them do

and what about with the guy with the twin turbo d16 he didn't have a V4 and he has a FUNCTIONAL dual exhaust.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why don't people run dual exhausts with turbo? (viprcr1)

well yeah. two turbos = two exhausts = two pipes... where's the rocket science here?
Old 10-20-2003, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Why don't people run dual exhausts with turbo? (Johnyquest)

Old 10-20-2003, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Why don't people run dual exhausts with turbo? (Johnyquest)

ok pardon my ignorance here...

but why not 'y' off the exhaust?
Old 10-20-2003, 03:57 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you want more flow, move up to a bigger exhaust.
Did you want dual 4" downpipes or something? Otherwise its all coming out of the same downpipe or header, whatever.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Why don't people run dual exhausts with turbo? (Muckman)

what if its dualed off from a custom turbo mani?
Old 10-20-2003, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CarbonCreations &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what if its dualed off from a custom turbo mani?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You would have to be running so much boost that keeping it "streetable" would be a problem if you really "needed" this.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Why don't people run dual exhausts with turbo? (Ricey McRicerton)

Hmm ok. I was just asking because I read about "no piping" being the best for air flow, so I was just thinking of 'new' ways to create more airflow.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:13 PM

Why bother, you can get enough flow from a larger diameter single. It's just extra weight, and more work to design, for a product that does no more good than a bigger diameter single.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CarbonCreations &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmm ok. I was just asking because I read about "no piping" being the best for air flow, so I was just thinking of 'new' ways to create more airflow. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You said it. No piping at all.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by viprcr1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
and what about with the guy with the twin turbo d16 he didn't have a V4 and he has a FUNCTIONAL dual exhaust.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just because some assbag doesn't know anything about engineering and runs twin turbos on a D16, doesn't mean that running dual exhaust makes sense.

He's a moron, anyone who tries to run dual exhaust on a sub 600+ whp is a moron.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you mean y the pipe and have 2 insanly gay loud mufflers hanging to the ground.....(I have a borla muffler )....then have more V-8 people talking junk because you dont have true dual exhaust.....i hear enough of as it is....
Old 10-20-2003, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by viprcr1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

actuallly most of them do
</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, good job on picking up on the sarcasm, 90% of the people in this forum have stock bodies, guess your too bling bling for me
Old 10-20-2003, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why don't people run dual exhausts with turbo? (Foozball26)

Top Fuel Mie and Apex'i have them....these peeps just don't know..

Old 10-20-2003, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Why don't people run dual exhausts with turbo? (kpt4321)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kpt4321 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Just because some assbag doesn't know anything about engineering and runs twin turbos on a D16, doesn't mean that running dual exhaust makes sense.

He's a moron, anyone who tries to run dual exhaust on a sub 600+ whp is a moron.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, those dumb manufactuers. Dodge put dual exhausts on the new SRT-4, monte carlos, S2000's, all come with factory dual exhausts. So do the vast majority of Mustangs ( GT ). 90% of these cars don't push 600hp, but im sure the Mustangs dual exhaust is very fuctional, maybe someday Ford engineers will know half as much as you about fluid dynamics.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why don't people run dual exhausts with turbo? (kpt4321)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kpt4321 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just because some assbag doesn't know anything about engineering and runs twin turbos on a D16, doesn't mean that running dual exhaust makes sense.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, some assbags just go a little too far with a good, thing. Wait, actually, it isn't too far. It just doesn't help after a certain point.

On an N/A car, obviously, too big of an exhaust hurts your power. But on a turbo car it is a completely different animal. On a turbo you dont need any extra backpreassure from the exhaust for torque because all the head is going to see is the pressure in between the manifold and the turbo.

If you have less backpressure after the turbo, the easier it flows and the quicker it spools. Lest we also forget that magical thing we call crossover on a turbo car.

Crossover is when your intake manfiold pressure exceeds that of your exhaust manifold. This is where you find some really good power gains because of the VE of your engine is increased.

So if someone wants to run a dual exhaust on a turbo car, they are not assbags. It is just like someone running a bigger injector than they really need. It is just because they want to.

Kenton
Old 10-20-2003, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why don't people run dual exhausts with turbo? (2.2)

I think we need an official way of screening topics that show up in this forum. This kinda thread belongs in the kiddy rooms or cosmetic forum.....like there is a difference
Old 10-20-2003, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Why don't people run dual exhausts with turbo? (93LSivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93LSivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think we need an official way of screening topics that show up in this forum. This kinda thread belongs in the kiddy rooms or cosmetic forum.....like there is a difference </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah and we need to filter out ******** and people who are willing to help
so because I have a question im a kid? or because Im asking about a functional dual exhaust it belongs in the cosmetic forum?
Old 10-20-2003, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Why don't people run dual exhausts with turbo? (hatchback19)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchback19 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes, those dumb manufactuers. Dodge put dual exhausts on the new SRT-4, monte carlos, S2000's, all come with factory dual exhausts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The SRT4 exhaust is not dual at all. it is a single pipe that Ys off AFTER the rear wheels. added weight and stupid chrome tips. The only setup that would not look so dumb would be dual/parallel pipes (maybe 2.25") going into a 2-inlet 1-outlet rear muffler.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CarbonCreations &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah and we need to filter out ******** and people who are willing to help
so because I have a question im a kid? or because Im asking about a functional dual exhaust it belongs in the cosmetic forum? </TD></TR></TABLE>

IF dual exhaust was functional dont you think factory supercars with single banks like the supra, skyline, etc would use them? Im always willing to help. THe answer is, umm no....it wont work on our cars. How do you plan on routing the exhaust if you could truly make a duel exhaust setup..............better yet, how would you make the dp split coming from one turbine housing? I know its possible, but overall weight gain, expense, and people laughing at your gay dual exhaust will do nothing but hurt you.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Why don't people run dual exhausts with turbo? (93LSivic)

fair enough. but why dont cars come stock with performance i/h/e? its because its not needed for the average driver.

no dp is the ideal turbo setup, so i was questioning what would be a way to get better flow and maintain legallity.

Quick Reply: Why don't people run dual exhausts with turbo?