Notices

Why did my Fuel Pump Go Out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why did my Fuel Pump Go Out?

My car right now is built for turbo and im breaking in the engine without the turbo on. Basically ive been breaking it in for about 200 miles so far and everything was going perfect untill my car decided to die on me when i shifted into 2nd gear. First thing i did was check fuses and the Fuel Pump fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse and the pump still wouldn't work but the fuse wasn't blowin any more. I replaced the pump with a factory pump and the car started right up.

I'm just confused as of why the fuse blew and what caused the pump to go out only after 200 miles. Is it possible i just had a bad pump to begin with or is there some other reason that my brand new pump went out? If the pump went out just because it was bad would it have blown a fuse? Or was something shorting it out causing the fuse to blow? I just want to hear some inputs on the situation because the last thing i need is a pump going out while im boosting.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Why did my Fuel Pump Go Out? (MwGSR)

Any Ideas?
Old 03-08-2004, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Why did my Fuel Pump Go Out? (MwGSR)

I hurd that when u run out of gas it can mess up ur fuel pump but **** i have ran out of gas meny times with my in-take MSD
Old 03-08-2004, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Why did my Fuel Pump Go Out? (bl18t)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bl18t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hurd that when u run out of gas it can mess up ur fuel pump but **** i have ran out of gas meny times with my in-take MSD </TD></TR></TABLE>

I never took it below 2-3 gallons with the new pump in. So i don't think that would have caused it. Plus when it went out i had over a half tank. Any other ideas?