Notices

WHO'S RUNNING EMANAGE (NOT THE BLUE BOX BUT EMANAGE)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHO'S RUNNING EMANAGE (NOT THE BLUE BOX BUT EMANAGE)

whos running emanage? emanage is fairly new to the fuel management scene and i want to no who i running it how do you like it. and what have you done on tuning. did your emanage run too rich and how did you solve it. and i dont want to hear emanage sucks bcuz most people who says that it sucks never actualy used it. this thread is started to resolve any emanage problems that may or maynot occured. thanks in advanced
Old 08-11-2004, 01:09 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: WHO'S RUNNING EMANAGE (honda9369)

i just ditched the emanage for uberdata and im glad i did. i tuned the emanage on my obd2 car but i wasnt happy with it. it ran ok but you have to buy all these extra things and such , not worth it IMO , if your obd1 its way too easy to convert to uberdata , and wont cost you more than 30 bucks. im glad i converted to obd1. and emanage is anything but new its been out for months and months . its just nobody really uses it. and my basemap was all over the place , rich but not smooth , get it on a dyno or get a wideband to tune it.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:14 PM

Default Re: WHO'S RUNNING EMANAGE (Hella_JDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hella_JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just ditched the emanage for uberdata and im glad i did. i tuned the emanage on my obd2 car but i wasnt happy with it. it ran ok but you have to buy all these extra things and such , not worth it IMO , if your obd1 its way too easy to convert to uberdata , and wont cost you more than 30 bucks. im glad i converted to obd1. and emanage is anything but new its been out for months and months . its just nobody really uses it. and my basemap was all over the place , rich but not smooth , get it on a dyno or get a wideband to tune it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
yes i have a obd2 y8 if im goin to get it tuned do i really need to buy a wide band. or is the wideband just for self- tuning
Old 08-11-2004, 01:27 PM
OG triple OG

well , yes a wideband is a self tuning instrument , but it never hurts to have one hooked up to let you know what your car is doing . honestly , id sell your emanage and convert to obd1 , you will be so happy you did.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:32 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hella_JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well , yes a wideband is a self tuning instrument , but it never hurts to have one hooked up to let you know what your car is doing . honestly , id sell your emanage and convert to obd1 , you will be so happy you did.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i have tough emissions like you do. what do u do when it comes time for testing
Old 08-11-2004, 01:36 PM
OG triple OG

put the obd2 stock ecu in
Old 08-11-2004, 01:37 PM

but wouldnt that fail the test having a turbo running off the stock ecu?
Old 08-11-2004, 05:33 PM
OG triple OG

no , because it will run like stock.....of course youll have to have stock injectors in and such , and dont boost on it . but emissions it will pass fine . just gotta find a place that doesnt know **** about visuals usually.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:35 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hella_JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no , because it will run like stock.....of course youll have to have stock injectors in and such , and dont boost on it . but emissions it will pass fine . just gotta find a place that doesnt know **** about visuals usually.</TD></TR></TABLE>
visuals,yea ill have to ask around
Old 08-11-2004, 08:05 PM

I have E-Manage on my stock b18c5.

I datalogged the ECU's injector duty cycle at 8400 RPM, it was putting out 92%. The E-Manage can really only add fuel, so this sorta limits you to pick an injector that matches your WOT power perfectly, otherwise you'll be hella rich at your upper RPM's.

To have it 'remove' fuel, it cheats the MAP sensor voltage lower, but if you go too far it will do weird things. for instance, it will throw a ECU code 11, barometric pressure sensor, when you're WOT at 1500 RPM and your MAP sensor doesn't match the ECU's sensor. Also the ECU will change the timing based on intake air (advance it when the MAP is lower).

It's relatively easy to tune, and relatively powerful, but I'm switching to Hondata so I can add/remove fuel with some more precision.

Old 08-11-2004, 11:30 PM
OG triple OG

Default Re: WHO'S RUNNING EMANAGE (ccfries)

i never had a problem adding and removing fuel at all with the emanage , and i have a very flat 12:1 afr.....
Old 08-11-2004, 11:40 PM

so when i go get tuned this month i want to be looking for a 12:1 afr across the whole rpm band?
Old 08-11-2004, 11:59 PM
OG triple OG

ya , or 11.5 if you want to be safe
Old 08-12-2004, 04:49 AM

Pay an extra $40. Its funny how far a little green can get you. good luck. i would personally go to uberdata also.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WHO'S RUNNING EMANAGE (ccfries)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ccfries &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have E-Manage on my stock b18c5.

I datalogged the ECU's injector duty cycle at 8400 RPM, it was putting out 92%. The E-Manage can really only add fuel, so this sorta limits you to pick an injector that matches your WOT power perfectly, otherwise you'll be hella rich at your upper RPM's.

To have it 'remove' fuel, it cheats the MAP sensor voltage lower, but if you go too far it will do weird things. for instance, it will throw a ECU code 11, barometric pressure sensor, when you're WOT at 1500 RPM and your MAP sensor doesn't match the ECU's sensor. Also the ECU will change the timing based on intake air (advance it when the MAP is lower).

It's relatively easy to tune, and relatively powerful, but I'm switching to Hondata so I can add/remove fuel with some more precision.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't tell me you are using the basic E-manage with no support tool, no ignition and no injector harness?

I have an E-manage running on my other car (1.6 EL -- D16Y8 with JRSC). It does its job pretty nicely for what it is. You still get full control over the ignition and fuel maps, and the unit can compensate for larger injectors (up to 50% larger).

For the price nowadays though, there are cheaper and better alternatives.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:55 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

We have 2 turbo cars out here w/ e-manage, and do great. In fact, many people in Michigan are starting to use this as an option. Easier to tune in my opinion, and the tuner out here knows exactly whats being done to where we've had over 60whp in gains on average.

its actually less expensive than many alternatives out here that we use (Hondata, Power FC, AEM EMS, F.A.S.T). No one uses Chrome or Uberdata or anything because we used to use it in other car applications over 5 or 6 years ago, and just wound up pitching them.

Last guy that used one on a turbo application pulled over 279whp @188ft/lbs or torque on only 8.5 PSI and 440cc injectors w/ E-Manage.. Runs like a champ, too
Old 08-12-2004, 08:12 AM

Default Re: WHO'S RUNNING EMANAGE (Tony the Tiger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tony the Tiger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Don't tell me you are using the basic E-manage with no support tool, no ignition and no injector harness?

I have an E-manage running on my other car (1.6 EL -- D16Y8 with JRSC). It does its job pretty nicely for what it is. You still get full control over the ignition and fuel maps, and the unit can compensate for larger injectors (up to 50% larger).

For the price nowadays though, there are cheaper and better alternatives.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, i'm using it to retard ignition, and add/remove fuel.. but my stupid OBDII Type R ECU is trying to run mad rich, even with the 310cc injectors.

You don't really have 'full' control over the fuel map. To remove fuel it just cuts the MAP voltage going to the ECU. Even with my MAP at arount 2.4/2.5 volts my injector duty cycle was mostly maxed out.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running Emanage on my 01 accord turbo and i easily run 11.7:1 continuously at WOT. I had it tuned on a dyno so that may help, and i also got the injector and ignition harnesses. and i do believe the injector harness does allow it to have 'full' control over the fuel map as it takes over the control of the injectors. just look at how it is wired in.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:09 PM

Default Re: (lowboost)

yea im getting it tuned on wed. ill let you no how it turns out