Notices

Who's running a b18b with a JRSC? Anyone doing so with an auto tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's running a b18b with a JRSC? Anyone doing so with an auto tranny?

I have a 95 dx hatch auto. I'm looking to do a engine swap. I've been reading an researching for a while. I need an auto tranny due to a leg injury. I know I would get more performance out of a manual setup but for now I'm looking for info on an auto setup if possible. But all info is appreicated. I was looking at doing a b18b swap due to the tq of the engine and from the dyno results from the JR site the SC with give it a healthy shot of power. However a local shop has offer me a JDM GSR with auto tranny swap for $4000 installed. I was just doing a campairson at the JR site of what a US grs puts down with simple IHE vs b18b w SC IHE. The max hp is the same the B18b of course put out more tq and 1000rpm lower in the rpm range which is what I really need due to the auto tranny. The max hp output on the gsr is only at a few rpms higher than the b18bs. I know these are from different cars,different days and are manuals. I was just trying to make a comparsion between the two different setups. JR's dyno was showing a max of 160hp. I don't know if the jdm auto gsr's engine would have more hp or lower gear ratio's. I read that they do but seems like no one has proved it. The b18b setup will cost more cash for sure. JR does have this blower on sell right now, it's being discontinued or something. I know I will a new catback and possible cat. So what's your opinons on these setups? And what kind of performance gains can I expect? I've already made a few suspension mods. Shocks,Coilover Sleeves,F&R Swaybars,Strutbar,Si wheels, camber kit and a good alignment. Does the JRSC make your exhaust sound levels increase to a unbearable level? I've had a JRSC on a miata before so I know how they work with their pros and cons. I've had a top notch Turbo kit on my miata also so I their pros and cons also. I'm new to the Honda thing. But have learned alot just by searching and reading. However when dealing with auto tranny mods its hard to find info. I've ran into the same problem with my current 95 240sx. I have a 95 SR20DET BLKTOP w Auto tranny swap and info is hard to come by. So any info would help.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Who's running a b18b with a JRSC? Anyone doing so with an auto tranny? (Spins)

There has to be a few cars running this setup.