Notices

Who's got a hondata that runs smoothly w/o any hesitation?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's got a hondata that runs smoothly w/o any hesitation?

Man, I gotta know if it's possible to get rid of the part throttle hesitation that plagues me. I've got a stock 95 LS with precision turbo 520cc/min injectors, hondata s200 with boost option, and a 255lph fuel pump. It hesitates at 3k rpms and 200-320 mm/hg and at 4krpms and 200mm/hg.

I just need to know if this is something I should expect to live with all my life. It sees that the computer is going into closed loop fine and my a/f meter is showing 14.3-14.7 a/f. Ugh.

I'm planning on going back to the tuner to do some street driving to dial this out but it won't be for another two weeks. That's my only hope.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who's got a hondata that runs smoothly w/o any hesitation? (glagola1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by glagola1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man, I gotta know if it's possible to get rid of the part throttle hesitation that plagues me. I've got a stock 95 LS with precision turbo 520cc/min injectors, hondata s200 with boost option, and a 255lph fuel pump. It hesitates at 3k rpms and 200-320 mm/hg and at 4krpms and 200mm/hg.

I just need to know if this is something I should expect to live with all my life. It sees that the computer is going into closed loop fine and my a/f meter is showing 14.3-14.7 a/f. Ugh.

I'm planning on going back to the tuner to do some street driving to dial this out but it won't be for another two weeks. That's my only hope.</TD></TR></TABLE>
What ecu are you running?
Old 07-01-2003, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Who's got a hondata that runs smoothly w/o any hesitation? (glagola1)

Properly tuned it should run perfectly smoothly at part throttle.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who's got a hondata that runs smoothly w/o any hesitation? (Spunkster)

I have the same problem. It is when I am on the Highway just driving normal. I have been tuned on the street and Dyno. That has not fixed the problem. I have heard alot of problems with this and Hondata. i hope we can figure this out. My tuner has tried to richen up those area's and had some sucess. It is still there tho.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:11 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Who's got a hondata that runs smoothly w/o any hesitation? (Spunkster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spunkster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Properly tuned it should run perfectly smoothly at part throttle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what that dude said
Old 07-01-2003, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who's got a hondata that runs smoothly w/o any hesitation? (ladysman)

I'm running a p75 ecu which is the ls ecu. I've heard about problems with the GSR ecu but...

When you say it should be perfectly smooth when tuned right, have you ever experienced this? I mean, I know it should be smooth that's why I've blown a ton of cash on tuning. It's just getting old. I want to know if anybody really has it smooth. If nothing else but to give me hope.

I got my CRX with the Zdyne SECU to run perfectly but the hondata is not doing it yet. WTF?
Old 07-01-2003, 12:19 PM
New User

i have cars that run perfect, many of them in fact
Old 07-01-2003, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who's got a hondata that runs smoothly w/o any hesitation? (VaporTrail)

My Hondata ran perfectly smooth till I took it off... all in the tuning.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who's got a hondata that runs smoothly w/o any hesitation? (VaporTrail)

yeah, that's what my tuner thinks too. He's like, "none of my cars have problems." I know several people that he's tuned and they are not perfect. To his credit, he said he'd do it for free now since I've paid out for about 5 hours of tuning!

I should have just bought all the hondata stuff and a wide band. Oh well. hindsight is 20/20.

Old 07-01-2003, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Mine is perfectly smooth using a p72 or a p28...I have both

What injectors are you using?
Old 07-01-2003, 01:06 PM

if you weren't all the way in GA, i'd say bring it up to inline pro or steve sakai. Inline properly tuned my hondata in about 2 hours. My car runs great on race gas, now i just need to get it tuned for pump gas, lol.
Old 07-01-2003, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm running Precision Turbo injectors. Maybe they suck? Oh, I forgot I'm also using a 3bar gm map sensor.
Old 07-01-2003, 01:26 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by glagola1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm running Precision Turbo injectors. Maybe they suck? Oh, I forgot I'm also using a 3bar gm map sensor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope, the precisions work great.
Old 07-01-2003, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

matt:

still getting a little bit on mine, in the same region, 4K and vac/boost transition...
Old 07-01-2003, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who's got a hondata that runs smoothly w/o any hesitation? (roadrunner)

mine idles better than stock and no hesitation at all . pays to have a great tuner.
Old 07-01-2003, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Who's got a hondata that runs smoothly w/o any hesitation? (itr206)

OH MY GOD!

I thought it was just me! I use RC 550cc and a S200 w/boost. and My car hesitates ar exactly 3k rpm too. I tried changing plugs, O2 Sensors, retuning. nothing helped.

also if i lift off the throttle then press again at 3k it (exhaust) pops, leading me to believe its dumpin fuel in at 3k rpm.

OT: does anyone else have the "warm startup/bad Idle" problem? starts perfect when cold. when warm idles like **** for 2 min or so.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who's got a hondata that runs smoothly w/o any hesitation? (Turbo E)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">O
OT: does anyone else have the "warm startup/bad Idle" problem? starts perfect when cold. when warm idles like **** for 2 min or so.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have this problem and ive heard many others due to. Ive learned to live with it but if YOU want to fix it try a new IAC and more tuning.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

never had the warm-up problem on my car...
Old 07-01-2003, 03:16 PM

Default Re: (roadrunner)

i have no problems with my hondata 4b with p72 ecu, but my little brother has problems with his s200 and p28 ecu. We are going to ship back the unit to hondata and they need to fix his shift light we cant change the damn thing with the button or with hondalogger. my tuner could even get a connection with the s200. we think the problem for bogging at 3000 rpm is just the msd or sparkplug wires, rotor, cap. The problem never happens when we get it tuned.. weird
Old 07-01-2003, 04:39 PM

It's all in the tuning.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:24 PM

Default Re: (CM-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CM-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> we think the problem for bogging at 3000 rpm is just the msd or sparkplug wires, rotor, cap. The problem never happens when we get it tuned.. weird</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm gonna pull out my Crane ignition and see if it helps
Old 07-01-2003, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who's got a hondata that runs smoothly w/o any hesitation? (Turbo E)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OH MY GOD!

I thought it was just me! I use RC 550cc and a S200 w/boost. and My car hesitates ar exactly 3k rpm too. I tried changing plugs, O2 Sensors, retuning. nothing helped.

also if i lift off the throttle then press again at 3k it (exhaust) pops, leading me to believe its dumpin fuel in at 3k rpm.

OT: does anyone else have the "warm startup/bad Idle" problem? starts perfect when cold. when warm idles like **** for 2 min or so.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have the same setup. Maybe the 550 rc's and Hondata don't like each other at 3k.

I have the OT part too.

What is going on here. It is not the A/F mixtures. It has got to be something else in the Tuning Process. My a/f is dead-on.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:55 PM
New User

that part throttle hesitation is a problem and plagues the p72 more than the p28.
it can be tuned out but the method defies any logic with the hondata.

the only clue i can give you is:
columns 5 and 6 on the low cam MAP (these usually land up being the rows that have a large gap between them when you look at the 2D map---it seems to put the 6th and 7th columns almost overlapping when you get it right)....crank up the fuel about 15% more than you normally would for these 2 MAP columns.

you can thank me later. took many tuning sessions to figure this out. problem is, you land up with a rich area that really should still be running in closed loop. I tried timing changes and that did nothing. No one at hondata has every truly acknowledged that this is an issue but so far, this seems to be the only way to tune it out.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:07 PM
New User

Default Re: Who's got a hondata that runs smoothly w/o any hesitation? (GruvyTune)

Thanks Torin! I added that post to the trusty ol H-T notepad!
Old 07-01-2003, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Who's got a hondata that runs smoothly w/o any hesitation? (TurboSedan)

My car runs great at part throttle w/ the p28. The p72 info that GruvyTune gave is awesome. Thanks
Let me buy you one

Quick Reply: Who's got a hondata that runs smoothly w/o any hesitation?