Notices

Who here knows where to find upgraded internal wastgates and....

Old 08-13-2003, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who here knows where to find upgraded internal wastgates and....

turbo upgrades for a greddy turbo kit? what I want to know is that I know you guys hate internal gates but this is what I have. So I want to know if there is a way to make the gate flow better so it has better control. or if a company makes a direct replacment that has a fairly good waste gate in comparison. like a clipped and trimmed 20g with a such and such modifyed wastgate. I know forced performance has some offerings. I want to hear from you guys what to do to help the creep/spike problems. Some people have told me to take the turbo apart and to port the wastegate so it will flow more. I am a little skeptical about doing this though. your thoughts are greatly apperciated thank you
Old 08-13-2003, 07:21 AM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: Who here knows where to find upgraded internal wastgates and.... (intercooledJRSC)

good tuning and this mod allows me to run stock boost settings with 2.5" downpipe and 3" exhaust with no boost spike or creep. i honestly dont know how much of an improvement this mod made. the car didnt stop spiking or creeping fully until i advanced the timing and ran 12.5:1 in boost. these mods DID seem to make the spiking harder to induce though.

i'd like to check out another GSR with none of these mods and hondata/AEM EMS fuel management with a similar tune to mine.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Who here knows where to find upgraded internal wastgates and.... (falconGSR)

so basically you just ported the wastgate hole and it helped you? but does anyone make a aftermarket exhaust housing that has a larger WG?
Old 08-13-2003, 09:57 AM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: Who here knows where to find upgraded internal wastgates and.... (intercooledJRSC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by intercooledJRSC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so basically you just ported the wastgate hole and it helped you? but does anyone make a aftermarket exhaust housing that has a larger WG?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i found no simple solution to do what you're saying. people always post lots of ideas whenever this subject is brought up, but none of them are ever viable.