Notices

who has the best 84mm turbo piston?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default who has the best 84mm turbo piston?

Ive been talking with jeff @ ib. he told me today that the independent lab testing of 6 pistons is almost done.

he bought 6 stock shelf pistons from arias, je, wiseco, cp, ross and a honda b20 piston

all the tests were done by an independent lab. so people cant bitch that its skewed and that ib has it slanted to benefit them.

its independent and the numbers will speak for themselves.

the lab tested accuracy of the piston machining, ring package that comes with the pistons, metal content, density, hardness, and wrist pins. im sure some other stuff, but i cant remeber them all.

in my opinion people should be worried about any test that a company releases when they have a financial stake at whatever is being tested. that just gives more reason for everyone to do more homework on what makes a good piston and to educate themselves more.

results should be posted up in less than 2 weeks. maybe a week, but not sure until jeff posts it, then it will be for sure
Old 05-06-2004, 11:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: who has the best 84mm turbo piston? (Bob-DC2)

I'm not buying into this. All of the things that he has listed have very little to do with a good piston. Things like ring land flatness, skirt designs, etc are much more important. Let's face it, there is only one piston company out there that has the expertise and over a million dollars of test equipment alone just to make these kind of measurements.