Notices

white smoke/pump going bad = ?

Old 04-09-2003, 07:41 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default white smoke/pump going bad = ?

ok...

a while back... i posted a thread about white smoke comin out of my exhaust during long drives and downshifts. sometime ago... a friend of mine said it looked white-bluish. but anyway... my point is... i get white smoke comin out of my exhaust... to the point where ill see it blow by toward the front of the car if i come to a stop or in my rear view mirror as i sit there idling or coming to a stop. its not constant.. but ill see white smoke here and there.

so i did a compression test 30 min. ago. the compression readings were ok. 160-170. im sure i did the compression test right. i unplugged the dist. harness and removed all the sparkplugs and cranked it 3-4 times while holding the gas pedal down. my plugs look fine... a little white on the top.

funny thing is... while i was doing the compression test, i would hear a single "pop" noise from the engine bay everytime i tested a cylinder. after putting the plugs back in... and blah blah blah... when i turn the car on to power... the fuel pump sounds like its clogged or somethin for a quick second.. and then it makes a low buzzing noise. usually its louder than that. it sounds weak. it wasnt like that before i started on the compression test.

now my question is... do you think my fuel pump is shot? will it affect my long commute to work tomorrow if its not supplying fuel like it should be? what if its not pumping fuel at all?

its an airtex fuel pump from the DRAG3 kit. turbo b18b teg.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:08 PM

Default Re: white smoke/pump going bad = ? (SIK IN DA HED)

you know i get the same thing (blue/white smoke after a long drive on the freeway).....what causes it i don't know..it only happens then so i don't worry about it.......(turbo honda's will have little quirks).
blue smoke is generally oil
white smoke is coolant
black smoke is unburnt fuel.
I wouldn't worry about it, my car runs perfect and i have no problems (compression test was fine and leak down was 4-5%).......it's a turbo honda, it's not going to act like a factory turbo car.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:01 PM
New User

Default Re: white smoke/pump going bad = ? (b16ahybrid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16ahybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you know i get the same thing (blue/white smoke after a long drive on the freeway).....what causes it i don't know..it only happens then so i don't worry about it.......(turbo honda's will have little quirks).
blue smoke is generally oil
white smoke is coolant
black smoke is unburnt fuel.
I wouldn't worry about it, my car runs perfect and i have no problems (compression test was fine and leak down was 4-5%).......it's a turbo honda, it's not going to act like a factory turbo car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

but it wasnt like this before... DAMMIT!
Old 04-10-2003, 07:48 AM
New User

come on, guys... i need some answers!
Old 04-25-2003, 04:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im getting the same thing a little bit of white smoke, its only little puffs here and there and never constant, first i thought it was my head gasket but i check my radiator fluid and its fine( no milky stuff). Im running a stock gsr pump, thats on a turbo b16a. i think im just running lean, im putting my BBk 255 intank pump hopefully this white smoke thing stops,
Old 04-25-2003, 06:16 AM
New User

Default Re: white smoke/pump going bad = ? (zzZZzzleeperCX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zzZZzzleeperCX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im getting the same thing a little bit of white smoke, its only little puffs here and there and never constant, first i thought it was my head gasket but i check my radiator fluid and its fine( no milky stuff). Im running a stock gsr pump, thats on a turbo b16a. i think im just running lean, im putting my BBk 255 intank pump hopefully this white smoke thing stops, </TD></TR></TABLE>

let me know if that works for you. my inline fuel pump is shot. i have to order a new one. i was gettin white smoke before my fuel pump finally stop working. at first, i thought it was because of my pump, too. i think one i might have a leaky headgasket, bad rings, or blown turbo seal... possibly a result of boosting with a faulty inline fuel pump.