Notices

white smoke and a little oil leak in turbo what can this be?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default white smoke and a little oil leak in turbo what can this be?

hey honda-tech i have a couple of questions about the problems ive been having with my motor...

from time to time at idle i have white smoke coming out of my exhaust sometimes its alot of white smoke and sometimes its only a little.

also my turbo has a little oil coming out of the part where the turbo sucks in air.

and the last problem i have is that my temp gauge only goes up a little while im driving but when im at idle it starts to rise and then go back down again slowly. could this and the turbo oil be causing the white smoke. or do i just have to change the thermostat to fix the temp gauge problem and the oil leak is another?

let me know what you guys think
Old 04-04-2008, 06:35 AM

Default Re: white smoke and a little oil leak in turbo what can this be? (norcalbayboy)

bump for info
Old 04-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: white smoke and a little oil leak in turbo what can this be? (norcalbayboy)

Change your thermostat, and go from there.

Check to make sure that your drain line isn't kinked. I blew my last turbo because the drain line was kinked, and there was too much oil pressure in the turbo. The white smoke is probably from your turbo letting oil into the intake.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the white smokes probably ok the reason your temp gauge is going up and down is probably because there is not enough coolant in the system to read the right temp! So fill your radiator (take off the cap and fill to the top) and run it with the cap off. and fill the reservoir, then run it, and fill whatevers left

Last edited by richieiscool; 01-09-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: white smoke and a little oil leak in turbo what can this be? (richieiscool)

Same thing happen to my turbo , I thought it was headgasket. Car would smoke at idle and still smoke when I drive car and boost. It turns out to be a blown turbo seal. Just buy Arnold turbo already haha
Old 05-05-2008, 11:20 PM

Default Re: white smoke and a little oil leak in turbo what can this be? (Eklsv-t)

i had the same problem but it wasn't the turbo, i bought a brand new turbo and got it installed and it still blew white smoke. I think the oil inside the intake outlet is because of the hose. The hose is feeding to much oil to the turbo. and for the white smoke, i think it might be your headgasket lifting. Mine doesn't have any coolant inside my oil or oil in the coolant but it smokes while under boost. I will be doing my headgasket soon. I will let you know if that is the case