Notices

Where in VA to get Thermal 3" installed for a good price

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where in VA to get Thermal 3" installed for a good price

I called CDE and they wanted $195 to weld my 3" cat and thermal exhaust. That just seemed to high to me. Anyone got a good place for a reasonable price?
Old 08-05-2002, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where in VA to get Thermal 3" installed for a good price (blackteg)

you should be able to take it to any muffler shop for that kinda of work. should be no more that 100 bucks at most..
Old 08-05-2002, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Where in VA to get Thermal 3" installed for a good price (b18bturbo)

that is ridiculously high
Old 08-05-2002, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

since you live in reston, vertex motorsports isn't to far away in mclean. I wouldn't recommend them to do much more, but little things like that should be ok. You can call them at (703)883-0403 ask for Dave or Steve.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where in VA to get Thermal 3" installed for a good price (autoEXturbo)

Jeez are you all serious?

Find a local muffler shop, take them the exhaust and cat, hand it to them so they don't do any installing/uninstalling. Shouldn't cost more than $25, less if you don't even need a flange. If you live in reston I suggest heading out towards sterling. The further out you go the better price you'll get from what I've found.

Edit: my old roomate had a b pipe made from scratch, a reducer put on his JDM 4-1, and all of it installed for considerably less than that.

[Modified by trbob16a, 3:12 PM 8/5/2002]
Old 08-05-2002, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where in VA to get Thermal 3" installed for a good price (autoEXturbo)

My car will never again be worked on by Vertex unless I need some Altezza's or Hyper whites installed. I have delt with Steve and Dave and used to get good prices, but after what happend I don't even want to go back there let alone let them touch my car. For anyone else considering using them, think twice about it.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where in VA to get Thermal 3" installed for a good price (trbob16a)

I think thats what I am going to have to do. Anyone in Sterling that you would recommend? I know curry's is out there but they are kinda high too.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:32 AM

My car will never again be worked on by Vertex unless I need some Altezza's or Hyper whites installed. I have delt with Steve and Dave and used to get good prices, but after what happend I don't even want to go back there let alone let them touch my car. For anyone else considering using them, think twice about it.
Yep, that's why i said only for something little. What did they do to your car? When they did my turbo install they disconnected my vtec oil pressure sensor somehow, the didn't tighten down a tube on my wastegate which could of caused it to boost spike and then good bye motor and when they did my pulley kit awhile back, the didn't put back one of the bolts to the alternator so who knows what else they've missed. Dave has always been cool to me, but it seemed like steve's work has gotten real shady lately. The prices are always great though, but if you don't get the work done by them I wonder what they charge.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:37 AM
New User

inlinepro 703-644-1788 springfield, va
jeffs muffler 301-855-0162 maryland, 20 minutes outside the beltway on rt4

both are top notch.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Steve usualy gave me good prices. About the same as if I had ordered from the internet. Dave always tried to make me feel better about all the shitty situations that I was put in by them. It just pisses me off more and more when I think about it. I got my clutch from them and him put it in. I left the car with them while I was in florida so they would have time to finish it. I come home a week later and they have not even touched my car yet. A week and a half later he gets it done. Three months later bolts work there way out of the pressure plat and it warps and puts a hole in my tranny. I take it to a pro and it turns out that some of the bolts holding the pressure plate on weren't torqued down. One of them was even missing. Most of them he was able to remove with slight pressure. I confront Steve about it, he says there is no way it could have happend or that it could be there fault. The mechanic confronts Steve and tells him that the only way for it to have happend is if the bolts were not torqued down. Steve finaly agrees to to replace my tranny and the clutch. I tell him to just supply my mechanic with the parts and he will do it. I start the waiting game. Steve keeps telling me that he ordered me a tranny and that it is on its way. And also a clutch. I wait a month and still get nothing. I call everyday to see if it is there, nothing. He tells me that he has a friend that has a tranny in his car that he will pull out and give to me. I say fine, how about the clutch? He says that it is coming. The day I go to get the tranny from him, its still in the donor car and I ask to see it. He promises to have it out by the end of the day. I look at the tranny and am likt WTF, this is a stock b18a tranny. I had made it very clear to everyone there that I had a Y1 tranny and that is what I wanted in return. They all act suprised that the donor car doesn't have the right tranny and tell me that will find me one. Dave is the only one that was able to actualy do anything for me. He found me a YS1 GSR tranny that had a Quaife in it local. He said that i would have to chip in on it because of that so I was like fine. In the mean time I still don't have the clutch. He keeps telling me for two more weeks that he is waiting for his buddy to bring it in for him. Also that another buddy is picking up a disc from Acura. I play the waiting game again. Finaly he gives me a pressure plate that looks like it has been to hell and back. And the new disc that was coming from Acura? It was actualy a used one that his friend had laying around. At this point I am like **** it, just give me these parts and forget it. So in the end I end up with a YS1 GSR tranny with the Quaife and a used *** clutch that won't do me any good. I that point I was done dealing with him and decided to just cut my losses. I ended up jsut buying a clutch else where and haven't gone back there since.

I am not even going to bother telling you guys about all the other **** that has happend to my car there so I'll just stop now.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where in VA to get Thermal 3" installed for a good price (jinxproof99)

I called Inline, thy said rough estimate for labor was $260. Still high.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Go to a Meineke or Midas or something man!

Meineke in Kensington, MD on Connecticut Ave...ask for Jun and tell him youre from HT...dude is the man.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:25 PM
pub
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where in VA to get Thermal 3" installed for a good price (jinxproof99)

jeffs muffler 301-855-0162 maryland, 20 minutes outside the beltway on rt4
Old 08-05-2002, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where in VA to get Thermal 3" installed for a good price (pub)

Seriously. Look in a phone book. Call meineke, united muffler (where roomate got the hook up), and the other chains. Then call a couple of local shops. If they give you that 'have to see it to know' crap tell them you need one weld done on a 3" pipe. If they can't give you a rough estimate you don't want your car there anyway b/c when it comes time to ring you up they'll nail you with other stuff. Taking your car to a performance shop will result in a swift raping.
Old 08-05-2002, 06:05 PM
New User

Default Re: Where in VA to get Thermal 3" installed for a good price (trbob16a)

Performance Direct which is in richmond did mine...they did my downpipe with the flex piping and made a 3" test pipe to fit my thermal 3"...you should see the thing, it's very very clean...you should give them a call (804)2261948 even if you are just going to get the exhaust installed...tell them you talked to corey with the 92 green integra...1

[Modified by B17aTURBO, 3:11 AM 8/6/2002]
Old 08-06-2002, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You must be getting quotes for installing the exhaust and doing the welding. Jotech is pricey and they only charged my $175 to make a 2.5" downpipe for my car, and it took them about 6 hours!
Old 08-06-2002, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where in VA to get Thermal 3" installed for a good price (mplex2000)

I would never trust any NOVA performance shop with installing anything....Inline Pro's supposed to be good but I've lways had a neighbor with a welder and who worked at an exhaust shop
Old 08-06-2002, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where in VA to get Thermal 3" installed for a good price (mplex2000)

You must be getting quotes for installing the exhaust and doing the welding. Jotech is pricey and they only charged my $175 to make a 2.5" downpipe for my car, and it took them about 6 hours!
did tony make you that downpipe.. he is bad *** in his welding these days. you should see the mounts he made for kennys car..