Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/)
-   -   where to mount hallman boost controller? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/where-mount-hallman-boost-controller-2853057/)

Charlie Moua 10-23-2010 03:47 PM

where to mount hallman boost controller?

I search but didn't find any pictures or answer.

Seems like a silly question but I like to know where most users mount their hallman boost controller unit & also if you have the cabin-control knob where you mount that.

Pictures would be great, just so i have a clear idea.

Charlie Moua 10-23-2010 05:38 PM

Re: where to mount hallman boost controller?

?

blackeg 10-23-2010 05:50 PM

i used to put mine on the drivers side strut tower, just mounted it up with a 10mm bolt to one of the oem bracket holes with one of those insulated clamps.

ShanghaiOC 10-23-2010 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Moua (Post 43846081)
?

I had mine ziptied to the oil feed line, but you can also mount it by the strut tower. For the control knob, I had that underneath the dash by the fuse box. I know a few people that have placed it on the side of the center console.

Schister66 10-24-2010 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by blackeg (Post 43846127)
i used to put mine on the drivers side strut tower, just mounted it up with a 10mm bolt to one of the oem bracket holes with one of those insulated clamps.

I did the exact same thing with my Hallman. It fits perfectly inside of those insulated PS clamps

Charlie Moua 10-24-2010 07:28 AM

insulated clamps..... can't picture what it would look like... lol

Freshdot 10-24-2010 10:53 AM

http://i54.tinypic.com/2isi9o8.jpg

Freshdot 10-24-2010 10:56 AM

i ended up not using mine and i'm currently not running a boost controller at all. the hallman was causing my car to want to make well passed 10psi on its lowest setting car would go limp because i'm on stock MAP sensor, the actuator is set to 9.5psi...anyone have any input on this?

nihad 10-24-2010 02:49 PM

mines infront of dizzy on the bolt for the dizzy.. u want it as close to the turbo as possible..

TheShodan 10-25-2010 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Freshdot (Post 43849377)
i ended up not using mine and i'm currently not running a boost controller at all. the hallman was causing my car to want to make well passed 10psi on its lowest setting car would go limp because i'm on stock MAP sensor, the actuator is set to 9.5psi...anyone have any input on this?

the "limp" mode will more than likely kick in, no matter what you do, since it is so close to the 11psi limit. IIRC, the stock map is believed to go to 11psi, but in actuallity its closer to 10psi. Time for better map sensor and comparable management if you want to crank it up. Otherwise. 9.5 is about where you're going to stay.

Freshdot 10-25-2010 06:39 AM

does anyone know why the boost wants to spike with the hallman installed at its lowest boost setting on my car though??? reading that it should be as close to the turbo as possible i'm starting to think its because of where i mounted it(pictured above)..i had to use about 3.5 feet of vacuum to get from the actuator to the hallman.

blackeg 10-25-2010 02:39 PM

the controller should have come with a few springs, maybe you have the softest one in there and its just a little too soft.

also, did you get the metal ball bearing one or the ceramic one?

TheShodan 10-25-2010 03:01 PM

Not the HBC. Make sure that it is hooked up properly. If its hooked up backwards, it could easily cause a "spike" and kill your engine. If you think you installed it correctly, go back, and check again. ;-)