Notices

Where to find knockoff tial wastegate?

Old 05-17-2007, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to find knockoff tial wastegate?

It seems whenever I search ebay ALL I see are knockoff wastegates.

Now when I'm actually searching for one, I can't find any.

Does anyone know an Ebay or HT vendor selling the knockoff Tial Wastegates?

And FWIW, I don't want to start a knockoff debate, I know the risks, I know the authentic is better/safer. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to find knockoff tial wastegate? (boostd92)

we are keeping the garbage off ebay

you really want something that costs wholesalers $38 on your car to control boost?
Old 05-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to find knockoff tial wastegate? (TiAL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TiAL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">we are keeping the garbage off ebay

you really want something that costs wholesalers $38 on your car to control boost?</TD></TR></TABLE>it has nothing to do with keeping "garbage" off ebay. it has to do with being undercut all to ****. i find it hard to believe that you are really that worried someone might ruin their motor by using an inferior product. more like you are worried about people using knockoffs INSTEAD of your product

that and the fact that they are blatant patent infringements
Old 05-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to find knockoff tial wastegate? (ryan89crx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ryan89crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it has nothing to do with keeping "garbage" off ebay. it has to do with being undercut all to ****. i find it hard to believe that you are really that worried someone might ruin their motor by using an inferior product. more like you are worried about people using knockoffs INSTEAD of your product

that and the fact that they are blatant patent infringements</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually it has everything to do with us keeping the garbage off eBay...we have it taken down, that is why you can't find it

what we don't want is people being tricked into thinking it's a TiAL, then blow their engine.

being undercut? we have had countless calls asking for the real thing because their knockoff took a dump, so now they are out the price of the fake and a new tial....we are trying to save them money and do it right the first time. so in a wierd way it actually helps business
Old 05-17-2007, 11:50 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ryan89crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it has nothing to do with keeping "garbage" off ebay. it has to do with being undercut all to ****. i find it hard to believe that you are really that worried someone might ruin their motor by using an inferior product. more like you are worried about people using knockoffs INSTEAD of your product

??

they are using tials name and quality product to make money for themselves and you call tial the greedy company?
Old 05-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostd92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Does anyone know an Ebay or HT vendor selling the knockoff Tial Wastegates?

And FWIW, I don't want to start a knockoff debate, I know the risks, I know the authentic is better/safer. Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you should probably spend money on more important things like food, water, shelter, education etc.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tial , knockoff

You can find good prices on them now and even used ones for cheap. Why not just get one that is proven to work? If you can't afford quality parts then you should probally not be in forced induction.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to find knockoff tial wastegate? (mike@synapse motorsport)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike@synapse motorsport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

??

they are using tials name and quality product to make money for themselves and you call tial the greedy company?</TD></TR></TABLE>thanks for putting words in my mouth

i never once bashed Tial, never once said that they werent a fantastic company. all im saying is that in his post he made it sound like the SOLE REASON they got ebay to take down the knockoffs is because Tial as a company is worried about that part failing and ruining someone's motor. when in reality, its because they are blatant copies of something they worked hard to create, and they dont want someone stealing their idea/concept

thats like saying Toyota is going to shut down Ford because Ford's dont last as long....
Old 05-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ryan89crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
thats like saying Toyota is going to shut down Ford because Ford's dont last as long....</TD></TR></TABLE>
That is a horrible analogy, Ford doesn't make their cars look identical to Toyotas to deceive the buyer, or use the toyota name
Old 05-17-2007, 01:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ryan89crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for putting words in my mouth

i never once bashed Tial, never once said that they werent a fantastic company. all im saying is that in his post he made it sound like the SOLE REASON they got ebay to take down the knockoffs is because Tial as a company is worried about that part failing and ruining someone's motor. when in reality, its because they are blatant copies of something they worked hard to create, and they dont want someone stealing their idea/concept

thats like saying Toyota is going to shut down Ford because Ford's dont last as long....</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea i made a HUGE jump to a conlusion that u were bashing tial
Old 05-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to find knockoff tial wastegate? (mike@synapse motorsport)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike@synapse motorsport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea i made a HUGE jump to a conlusion that u were bashing tial</TD></TR></TABLE>i didnt realize that an understanding of basic economics was considered "bashing"

you're quick to jump on anyone that doesnt swing from your nuts

i like how you pick and choose quotes that you think will help your "argument"
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ryan89crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when in reality, its because they are blatant copies of something they worked hard to create, and they dont want someone stealing their idea/concept</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ryan89crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Tial as a company is worried about that part failing and ruining someone's motor. when in reality, its because they are blatant copies of something they worked hard to create, and they dont want someone stealing their idea/concept</TD></TR></TABLE>

You do know a lot of people will buy a knock off, off a third party and might not ever realize its a knock off right ? I know some customers can't tell the difference, so they buy a knock off thinking its real, it craps out and grenades there engine. Guess who is getting a bad rep, that seller or tial ?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TiAL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
That is a horrible analogy, Ford doesn't make their cars look identical to Toyotas to deceive the buyer, or use the toyota name
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly, 50% of the people would not be able to tell the difference in a real or fake one, not everyone has the internet or means of telling the fake ones apart.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ryan89crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
when in reality, its because they are blatant copies of something they worked hard to create, and they dont want someone stealing their idea/concept</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its more like, they don't want products with there name on it failing, rather it be a knock off or the real deal, cause guess who looks bad in the long run, tial. And for what ?

Old 05-17-2007, 02:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TiAL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats crazy how low a person would go to have that created and sold as the real deal
Old 05-17-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Where to find knockoff tial wastegate? (Hondatron)

just buy the real thing man, seriously what happens when someone blows there motor, they call up tial and ask for a refund or repair, tial claims its a knockoff which is true, you got the kid on honda tech spouting bullshit about haw shitty of a company tial is that they blew your motor and wouldnt back up their product cmon man do every1 a favor yourself, the company, its emplyees, the kid that will buy the product from you do every1 a favor and spend what an extra 100 bucks in uying a qaulity product man
Old 05-17-2007, 03:04 PM

Nice name
Old 05-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to find knockoff tial wastegate? (boosted92)

You can't find them on ebay anymore, and while its definitely not cool to make products with another company's name on the side, I'd like to know exactly how Tial is responsible for keeping SSAC off of ebay.

SSautochrome, Stone Mountain Racing, etc. are no longer using ebay. I think its pretty funny that 90% of everyone in this forum bashed the **** out of them when they were on ebay but now that they're gone, I have seen several threads asking what happened.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to find knockoff tial wastegate? (Hondatron)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hondatron &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thats crazy how low a person would go to have that created and sold as the real deal </TD></TR></TABLE>
look no further than SSAC/XS-Power
and it's actually gotten worse, check out the link and look at the pics on the bottom of the page....thy have now gone as far as printing 'made in USA' in the tops
http://tialsport.com/realvsfake.html
Old 05-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you can find them in the local dumpsters where they belong
Old 05-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm still interested in getting one of these knock off gates though.

however, the only thing it will be used for is manifold mock up.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to find knockoff tial wastegate? (Mr Wonderfull)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr Wonderfull &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">um..... are you serious???? several as opposed to hundreds who have had shitty luck with a shitty product. Id trust their BOVs and nothing more.... Trust my motor to a FAR inferior poorly produced chinese reproduction gone bad????

No thank you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have you had shitty luck with any of it yourself? Do you know anyone personally who has had shitty luck with it?

Old 05-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

look no further than SSAC/XS-Power
and it's actually gotten worse, check out the link and look at the pics on the bottom of the page....thy have now gone as far as printing 'made in USA' in the tops
http://tialsport.com/realvsfake.html</TD></TR></TABLE>

anyone have an address for these places?
Old 05-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostwerks.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostwerks.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm still interested in getting one of these knock off gates though.

however, the only thing it will be used for is manifold mock up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm sure I could get you a non functioning piece for mock-up
Old 05-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where to find knockoff tial wastegate? (omniman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by omniman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

anyone have an address for these places?</TD></TR></TABLE>
yes, we do
Old 05-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (TiAL)

i'm sure I could get you a non functioning piece for mock-up</TD></TR></TABLE>

I need one as well, for mock up. I'll send you an IM.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Where to find knockoff tial wastegate? (Mr Wonderfull)

I can't say anything against Tial, but I know there are still people paying $800+ for 'race' wastegates from apexi, hks, etc, that either can't control boost, or actually fail.

The fact of [business] life is that executives will stop at nothing to save a dime now, no matter how reputable a company seems. Lifetime warranty FTW

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where to find knockoff tial wastegate?