Notices

Where do you head gasket reusers get your copper gasket spray?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do you head gasket reusers get your copper gasket spray?

I have been trying to eliminate a leak that I have going on between my head and block. Last month, I pulled the head and put in some head studs to see if that would fix it. The problem is still there, so I need to have the head resurfaced. Since the gasket is so new, I just want to spray it with copper and reuse it. The only company that I could find that makes it is Permatex, but trying to find an online store selling it is pretty difficult.

Anyone know any websites that carry it?
Old 06-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Where do you head gasket reusers get your copper gasket spray? (Das Schmoo)

rule #1.. dont reuse a headgasket. they are 3 layer steel. once they are compressed they are shot and wont seal again.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where do you head gasket reusers get your copper gasket spray? (Das Schmoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Das Schmoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have been trying to eliminate a leak that I have going on between my head and block. Last month, I pulled the head and put in some head studs to see if that would fix it. The problem is still there, so I need to have the head resurfaced. Since the gasket is so new, I just want to spray it with copper and reuse it. The only company that I could find that makes it is Permatex, but trying to find an online store selling it is pretty difficult.

Anyone know any websites that carry it?</TD></TR></TABLE>i work at west marine and we carry it. I'm looking for it on our website now hold up
Old 06-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where do you head gasket reusers get your copper gasket spray? (AbitAvenger)

couldnt find it on my work website but I found it somewhere else

http://www.shop.com/op/~Permat...d=298
Old 06-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where do you head gasket reusers get your copper gasket spray? (AbitAvenger)

I think local parts stores (kragen/autozone) sell this, worth a shot before waiting on shipping..
Old 06-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where do you head gasket reusers get your copper gasket spray? (wantboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">rule #1.. dont reuse a headgasket. they are 3 layer steel. once they are compressed they are shot and wont seal again.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know, but after going through 7 headgaskets at $60-90 a pop since the head has been pulled for misc things (piston rings, bent valve, issues with a compression tester), it gets really annoying. I am going to try this because it seems that some guys are using it and having great success with it. At $6 a can and 2 hours of labor, I don't really have much to lose.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AbitAvenger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">couldnt find it on my work website but I found it somewhere else

http://www.shop.com/op/~Permat...d=298</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks man. That is just what I was looking for.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eastbay92cx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think local parts stores (kragen/autozone) sell this, worth a shot before waiting on shipping..</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have looked, but I didn't see anything. I don't really care about the shipping time because it will be done in a few weeks after I find a competent machinist.