Notices

Where do I get new lower cushions for RC injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 11:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do I get new lower cushions for RC injectors?

Went to put my saturated RC 550s intoday, and the instructions say to pull the old injector seals out of the IM and use the lower cushions supplied by RC. The problem is I got these second-hand, and I didn't get any new lower cushions. The instructions say the injectors are supposed to sit on top of the lower cushions, so I tried installing them on top of the stock injector seals, and they didn't fit too well. The top rubber spacer thing on the injectors ends up getting squished pretty bad, and there is little/no space to get the clips on because that area hits the rail. I did some searching and found a pic of an RC injector install and it looked like there was a fat o-ring on the bottom of the injector. Is that what the lower cushion looks like? If so, where can I pick some up? Are there any readily available alternatives to the RC cushions? Could I maybe just bore out my stock seals so the RCs fit inside them, or will that leak? I really need to get these injectors in to finish my install and be ready for MASE on thurs/fri. Any help is much appreciated.

Here's a pic of what I think the RC lower cushions are supposed to look like:
Old 07-05-2005, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Where do I get new lower cushions for RC injectors? (inspyral)

Why not use the OEM honda seals or does the body go in too far??
Old 07-05-2005, 05:21 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

I'm using overbored OEM honda cushions.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I called RC and they sent me some for free.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's an o-ring, and not what they're talking about. I don't know where you got that picture, but none of the RC injectors I've gotten have those. What you need looks like this:

They go into the recessed part of the intake manifold, and the injectors are pressed onto them when you tighten the fuel rail down.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:47 AM

Default Re: Where do I get new lower cushions for RC injectors? (USE2B16A)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by USE2B16A &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's an o-ring, and not what they're talking about. I don't know where you got that picture, but none of the RC injectors I've gotten have those. What you need looks like this:

They go into the recessed part of the intake manifold, and the injectors are pressed onto them when you tighten the fuel rail down.</TD></TR></TABLE>

where do you get those? Order directly from RC?
Old 07-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The OEM B18B seals were too thick(about 3/8") and the injectors didn't seat low enough. I actually found some old seals from my D16Y8 in the garage that were about 1/2 the size of the LS ones, and they seem to be working. They actually look like the one above as well. Thanks for the help
Old 07-05-2005, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You don't use the front o-ring w/ RC injectors on a honda ...
Old 07-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Where do I get new lower cushions for RC injectors? (4-banging)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4-banging &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where do you get those? Order directly from RC?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just shop around online. I would think that RC charges more. When I bought my ITR intake manifold, I purchased OEM ITR seals and they were too thick. The seals that came with my RC injectors look identical to the ones I ordered for a B16A, and just like the picture I posted. One of the ads that flashed above recently will give $10 off to H-T members, but there's a $4.95 handling fee in addition to shipping. I don't remember the name. Don't bore them out or anything, just lube them with oil and tighten down the fuel rail.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by inspyral &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The OEM B18B seals were too thick(about 3/8") and the injectors didn't seat low enough. I actually found some old seals from my D16Y8 in the garage that were about 1/2 the size of the LS ones, and they seem to be working. They actually look like the one above as well. Thanks for the help </TD></TR></TABLE>

You're welcome! I'm glad it worked out.