Notices

where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em!

just trying to get some ideas in my head...post some pics if u have them,thanks.
Old 04-14-2002, 11:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em! (lucas569)

i mounted the blue box in the glove compartment in my integra ... i just used masking tape to hold it down hehehehe.

as for the light, i'll probably mount it on the steering column and ghetto tape it on.
Old 04-14-2002, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em! (lucas569)

my blue box is right next to the ECU underneath the carpet.

Do you have an actual shiftlight? In my car the "check engine" light is used as the shift light.
Old 04-14-2002, 01:44 PM
New User

Default Re: where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em! (Trigun)

i mounted the blue box in the glove compartment in my integra ... i just used masking tape to hold it down hehehehe.

as for the light, i'll probably mount it on the steering column and ghetto tape it on.
hahaha ghetto rig. at least you got HONDATA!
Old 04-14-2002, 01:52 PM

I removed my cirucit board and put it inside the ECU, works great and doesnt use any extra space. I can email you pics but posting is too much hassle.
Old 04-14-2002, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Screwed to the black rubber crap right under the fan/blower next to the ecu. Shift light is going to be flushed into the middle gauge pod in my 3 pod pillar autometer thingy...
Pics will be up soon
Old 04-14-2002, 07:12 PM

Default Re: where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em! (93LSivic)

My hondata blue box is stuffed under the carpet near the ECU. The shift light comes up through the bottom of the oval black plastic piece that fits inside the dash right before the guage cluster. It reflects nicely off the plastic that covers the guages.
Old 04-14-2002, 07:58 PM
New User

Default Re: where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em! (SuperchargedGSR)

i got my hondata blue box screwed to the ecu and i mounted the shift light on the pillar next to the egt guage.

-Adam
Old 04-19-2002, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I mounted the Hondata Blue box.... umm nowhere....the guts of the blue box is in the ECU now....
Old 04-19-2002, 11:55 AM

My blue box is mounted next to the ecu under the glovebox. So its up under there out of the way. My shift light is on my single piller boost gauge pod, mounted right next to it. My check engine light is also a shift light.
Old 04-19-2002, 01:22 PM
New User

the "blue box" (mine is silver) is under the dash right next to the ecu. my shift light is in the gauge cluster right between the tach and speedo. pretty trick. hondata actually did that for me.
Old 04-19-2002, 01:27 PM
New User

Default Re: where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em! (supergreenSol)

There is mine! Stage 2B!
Old 04-19-2002, 05:13 PM
JT

I have custom made a LED module consist of a medium brightness green LED for the VTEC, and a super bright blue LED for the shiftlight. It sits on top of the dash close to the windshield pointing to the driver.

Old 04-19-2002, 06:17 PM
pub
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em! (JT)

That's cool man.
Old 07-12-2003, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em! (pub)

Back from the dead

for some more ideas
I have no idea how to mount the clutch switch
Old 07-12-2003, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em! (xThexHeadx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xThexHeadx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
In my car the "check engine" light is used as the shift light.</TD></TR></TABLE>
that would mess me up when i was driving. i mean im sure your used to it, but my heart would stop if i wasnt paying attention.
Old 07-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em! (TurboSedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboSedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey that looks just like my glovebox! what's the deal!

i got the box hunched up just like that with all kinda papers n stuff in there too. only thing missing from that pic is my slew of tools (torque wrench, sparkplug extension, 10mm wrench, etc) hehe
Old 07-12-2003, 10:19 PM
New User

Default Re: where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em! (CivicRyda2k)

Bahhh I have it screwed down in there now so it is nice and friggen secure baby!

y0, I also have a g-tech pro,Uniden LRD radar detector, and on occasion a Kimber Custom Classic .45 ACP in there haha! Top that ****!

If the Kimber is not in the glove box, it is in my Kramer Black Horsehide IWB #2 on a double thickness black horsehide belt! Bleh!
Old 07-12-2003, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em! (TurboSedan)

rofl yah i think ur "tools" will do more damage than my torque wrench lol. umm umm so my 2b is prettier
Old 07-12-2003, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em! (rolow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rolow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Back from the dead

for some more ideas
I have no idea how to mount the clutch switch</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just put the clutch switch where the cruise control switch used to be. If you are going to use cruise then you need to fab up a second bracket. HTH

-Ryan
Old 07-13-2003, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em! (Kwuaymaikrup)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kwuaymaikrup &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I just put the clutch switch where the cruise control switch used to be. If you are going to use cruise then you need to fab up a second bracket. HTH

-Ryan</TD></TR></TABLE>
I did this same thing. You can still use your cruise though even if you take out the switch. All you need to do is jump the stock clutch switch harness with a piece of metal. Then it thinks the switch is there and working. No need to remount the switch. Just be careful as if the cruise is on and you hit the clutch switch, the engine revs will be climbing!!

For other Hondata install stuff, check out my full install here. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=458080

Any other questions ask away. Oh, and my shift light is right next to my boost guage in the top of the pillar.
Here is a shot of it.
Old 07-13-2003, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em! (ladysman)

I have my bluebox ziptied to my ECU down in the kick panel. My shift light is inside of my gauge cluster. I used a bright blue LED and mounted it directly in the center near the top of the tach and the speedo.
Old 07-13-2003, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em! (integra_gsr98)

Old 07-14-2003, 10:53 AM

which hondata system is this?
Old 07-14-2003, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (speedyonez)

2b

Quick Reply: where did u mount your HONDATA blue box and shiftlight? post pic if ya got em!