Notices

where can I individually buy turbo kit compontents?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:37 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can I individually buy turbo kit compontents?

I'm looking to getting an SSAC T3/t4 Turbo,FMIC,wastegate,oil restrictor, and BOV through Ebay because I'm beginning to hear good things about these items. I'll still be looking for my pipe, injectors, manifold,oil line kits and down pipe other places though. I've found my MAP sensor and injectors on Summit but I can't seem to find independent websites that sell down pipes, oil line kits and manifolds, all google shows me is SSAC sites and such which I'm trying to avoid. Should I stay with the IC pipe that comes with the Ebay turbo? Or could I buy a pipe kit from Garrett and customize?
Old 05-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: where can I individually buy turbo kit compontents?

who told you good things about ebay shyte? The only thing that you could get away with long term on ebay is a cast log manifold and BOV (<maybe). Your gonna be pissed when your turbine smashes against the housing or you bust the seals in 3 weeks and smoke all the way down the road. Dont skimp on the important parts. If your trying to stay on a budget look into gently used parts not crap ones

if you want to find some decent parts look at spoolin performance or go autoworks to name a couple
Old 05-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

and who told you that ebay shyt dont work I have known some guys that will bust your nugget on ebay shyt man.

stop doggin on people because they dont wanna spend a ton of money upfront, but would rather peice it togather over time.

my boy has a ls in his crx on a ebay shyt turbo making more than you have in your signature on 13psi homie.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:31 AM

You can piece parts together through pretty much anywhere. You can go through online dealers / websites, shops, forsale forums, etc.

I do suggest when going with the important parts, to go with name brand, quality parts. Yes, ebay parts DO work, but the reliability is diminished. In other words, you get what you pay for.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this is good advice you can do this for a atsrting point and slowly upgrade as you go to bigger or better parts
Old 05-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I will go on record saying I've never been boosted before but I have FOR SURE picked up items off of ebay(Name Brand items:skunk 2, AEM FPR,etc.)for my N/A build and very often they were cheaper than the online dealers and sometimes cheaper than dealers with the HT discount. I definitely would agree with the statement about bigger components, buying name brand. you dont have to ball out on a kit much less a complete build. Each is yours to own man. Spend what you WANT to spend but be smart about it and research items you arent "too sure" about and come to your own conclusion! good luck with the build man
Old 05-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Craigslist!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sanman000719
and who told you that ebay shyt dont work I have known some guys that will bust your nugget on ebay shyt man.

stop doggin on people because they dont wanna spend a ton of money upfront, but would rather peice it togather over time.

my boy has a ls in his crx on a ebay shyt turbo making more than you have in your signature on 13psi homie.
lulz homie... Do you even know what my setup is for you to comment on? didnt think so... duh those turbos work but not for real long and they dont flow as well as a real brand name turbo homie..

im not doggin anyone DAWG! i suggested he could get some ebay parts but he should also look for gently used name brand parts so he can save a few bucks. I suggest you learn how to read and decipher the message before you go spewin out shyte from yo mouth homie!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i read it, and it was sarcastic wich was no help at all

your setup i could care less about n/a or fi my statement stands with parts that dont meet your standard its still more power, and what the person could afford. You need to remember now everyone has the budget of others, and thats where my comments came from

DAWG
Old 05-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i read it, and it was sarcastic wich was no help at all

your setup i could care less about n/a or fi my statement stands with parts that dont meet your standard its still more power, and what the person could afford. You need to remember now everyone has the budget of others, and thats where my comments came from

DAWG
dude there was nothing sarcastic about my first statement... i merely suggested an alternative
Old 05-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

AND I OFFERED A COMPARISON BETWEEN THE "CHEAP" EBAY PARTS TO SAY YOUR SETUP

BROTHER
Old 05-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

AND I OFFERED A COMPARISON BETWEEN THE "CHEAP" EBAY PARTS TO SAY YOUR SETUP

BROTHER
Maybe we can make a piece treaty here... would you agree that a 60 trim no name ebay turbo vs. a garrett 60 trim would perhaps not last as long and perform as well? Also, how can you can compare against my setup when once again you do not know anything about it? Would you be surprised to know thay i am running an ebay turbo. Acutally i have ran three of them. You know what, sure they can make great power but in the time that i had 3 of them all my buddies garrett and precision turbos have outlasted them by years! Im sure oyur buddies crx would nust my nugget, im not arguing that point. Yes, i understand a budget setup but you can pick up rebuilt garret turbos for like 300 bucks on eBay... buy a wastegate buy a bov buy the lines but in the end you get what you pay for
Old 05-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

like i said he can buy cheap and upgrade when he has the opertunity or money to do so.

correct you can get them turbo's off ebay, but I have known people that have ebay turbo's last for years this of course is all dependant on the drivers driving habbits. I mean if your running around town at WOT all the time well the wear will be extremely harsh on them and they wont last as long.

a truce would be awsome, and getting back to the / at hand as well to get this guy the knowledge he is seeking.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:48 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I've been told running an oil restrictor and sitting under 15 boost on a turbo will help it last. I've heard that the businesses are learning from their cheap *** mistakes and at least building average equipment. I'm not looking for track performance, just something to smoke DOHC's on the street with. I knoe the mani's are crap but I've heard differently with wastegates, BOV's and IC kits. I did end up finding most sites that'll help me out, should I run a test pipe?
Old 05-11-2010, 07:11 AM

The only thing I've heard people not having problems with (still not amazing reviews) were the BOV's and the IC kits.

I know a lot of people that are using the IC kits on their DSM's with good results, but otherwise, I haven't heard much good coming from Ebay turbo components. I highly suggest sticking to name brand parts, regardless, due to the reputation, and known quality. Sometimes you just don't know what you're going to get!