Notices

What's wrong with my fuel pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's wrong with my fuel pressure?

Hey, how's it going everyone? Well a couple days ago I installed my B&M Fuel Pressure Gauge and noticed that my fuel pressure was extremely low. To check I first took off the vac to the fpr and turned my ignition on so it would let the fuel pump run for a couple seconds and this produced the result of 20psi fuel pressure. I did the same thing again with both the vac off the fpr and the fmu, still the same result. I then turned on the car to an idle and the fuel pressure went down to 10psi. I don't know why it's so low. My fuel setup as of right now is all that is included in the Drag III kit which includes the Airtex fuel pump and Vortech FMU. I have stock injectors and a stock fpr all this boosting on 5lbs. Anyone know why the fuel pressure might be this low? Also I bought an adjustable fpr and was wondering if I installed that and moved the fuel pressure up to 40 psi, would it benefit the low pressure?
Old 05-06-2002, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What's wrong with my fuel pressure? (IVANITR)

Take fp reading with the car on. You cant do it by priming the system by turning the key on. Your only giving the fuel pump 12 volts or so by doing this. When the car is running the pump is getting 14.4v.
You will want to stay at about 40 or so. Also you might not get an accurate reading with the gauge being set on top of the filter. Also make sure the polarity of the inline pump is correct, and think about changing your fuel filter too.
Old 05-06-2002, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What's wrong with my fuel pressure? (IVANITR)

Heh, if you have the airtex pump between the fuel filter and the fuel rail, then pressure readings @ the fuel filter with the B&M gauge will NOT be accurate.
Old 05-06-2002, 07:16 PM

Default Re: What's wrong with my fuel pressure? (dustin)

Haha, that sounds like a better explanation Dustin. I was about to IM you and ask, but you never seem to be around. So about how much pressure should I be running at right now?