Notices

What's everyones opinion on REV Valves?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's everyones opinion on REV Valves?

The following was posted on a mr2 technical message board. What do you guys think of this guys comments, true false, personal experiences with them etc.

------------------------------------------

Rev Valves - what you should know before you buy
I know I am going to **** of a lot of you but I think it is important to know that board members should know if they spend their money on quality or not.

I have seen recommendations for Rev valves and components. To get some more info on this product I contacted Rev and spoke to Oscar. I asked him what materials their valves are made of (EV8 and Inconel 751), what temperatures they can withstand and if I purchase from them they would be willing to certify material content of the product. (They won’t)

It appears that none of the Rev valves made out of stainless can withstand heat above 1600 degrees. (Turbo engines develop a lot more heat than) His recommendation for boosted applications is Inconel ($36.00 per valve) and there the maximum heat is only 1800 degrees. It also “appears” that they do not make their own valves but that SI makes their valves. It is my opinion that in many cases SI valves is a step backwards from standard production products. I don’t know what Rev charge for their valves but I can buy the same valve for $10.00 all day long. (Inlet or exhaust)

Rev valves are machined instead of rolled and in areas where the stem has been reduced to increase flow the valve is actually weaker than a stock production valve.

I would advice board members to take a hard and long look before they buy Rev valves especially when building high boost engines.

If you want to buy stainless valves that can withstand abnormal high temperatures (+/- 2400 degrees) look for a valve made out Nickelvac 600 ( 2200 degrees) or Nickelvac 800 (2400 degrees)

The taste and result of an inferior engine component stays in you mouth and pocket a lot longer than the cost of a quality component. Engine rebuilds are expensive save your money and do it first time right.

It’s your money spend it wisely.

------------------------------------------