Notices

Whats the best manifold for the H22a4 available? Drag? RevHard? MexRev?

Old 10-07-2002, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the best manifold for the H22a4 available? Drag? RevHard? MexRev?

Ok here is my situation.. i have been putting together parts to boost my 98 honda prelude for a while now, and i am still in need of both a manifold as well as a clutch.. i figured i would post a part list on honda tech and maybe get some opinions regarding what options i should look into for both a clutch as well as for a manifold.. whats the best A/C compatible way to go?? any info you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated... Here is a list of the pile of parts i have sitting in boxes waiting to be installed, not all are turbo related, but since they are going on the car thought i would include them anyhow:

Garret T3/T4e Turbo
Greddy Type-S Blow Off Valve
Turbonetics Deltagate II
Greddy Profec - B Spec Electronic Boost Controller
Apex'i Turbo Timer
Apex'i V-AFC
Apex'i N1 Exaust
Missing Link Map Sensor Bypass Valve
DC Sport Short Shifter Adapter
BBK 255 lph Intank fuel pump
Vortech Fuel Management Unit
AEM Feul Rail
RC Engineering 440cc Fuel Injectors
AutoMeter Phantom Boost Guage 5703
AutoMeter Phantom Fuel Pressure Guage 5712
AutoMeter Phantom Oil Pressure Guage 5721
AutoMeter Triple Guage Pillar Pod
AEM Semi Metallic Brake pads
Cadium Coated Crossed Drilled and slotted brake rotors
Spearco Front Mount Intercooler
Inline Pro (2.55mm) Head Gasket
Block Guard
Skunk2 Racing Adjustable Cam Sprockets

What do you guys think so far? enough feul management? any suggestions on a clutch or a manifold?? I am open to suggestions... thanks guys..
Old 10-07-2002, 06:13 AM
DS1

Default Re: Whats the best manifold for the H22a4 available? Drag? RevHard? MexRev? (LordVtec)

Ive been asking aroud for a while and they only one i havent heard any complaints is the maxrev i one on order right now for my H22 with there downpipe as well
Old 10-07-2002, 06:19 AM

Default Re: Whats the best manifold for the H22a4 available? Drag? RevHard? MexRev? (DS1)

Yeah i was looking at their website just last night, and was thinking about ordering the manifold and downpipe as well.. just wanted to get a feel for what other people have had experiences with before i jump on it... especially since their seem to be quite a few choices out there.. hoping that some of the turbo Guru's start to sound off on this thread soon...
Old 10-07-2002, 07:36 AM

Default Re: Whats the best manifold for the H22a4 available? Drag? RevHard? MexRev? (LordVtec)

I would recommend the Drag Manifold & Downpipe. I have heard that the Revhard manifolds have always ended up having to be resurfaced or cause bad exhaust leaks. Max Rev I haven't heard anything about it yet. I have the Fmax kit and the manifold on it had to be resurfaced after I drove about 2K if that tells you anything. But so far I have drove 8K on mine and so far so good since resurfaced.
Old 10-07-2002, 07:38 AM

anyone else want to chip in their $0.02? (bump)
Old 10-07-2002, 08:07 AM
Trial User

when i had the fmax manifold, it warped to the point where it was almost impossible to yank it off the block. as of now, im in the process of boostin again, i recently bought the drag4 manifold, and im goin with a custom downpipe. also, what do u plan on fuel, vafc hack? if so, u wont need the missing link.
Old 10-07-2002, 08:24 AM

Default Re: Whats the best manifold for the H22a4 available? Drag? RevHard? MexRev? (sagaprelude)

when i had the fmax manifold, it warped to the point where it was almost impossible to yank it off the block. as of now, im in the process of boostin again, i recently bought the drag4 manifold, and im goin with a custom downpipe. also, what do u plan on fuel, vafc hack? if so, u wont need the missing link.
I havent really thought about a hack as of now... i figured i would cross that bridge when i got to it.. lol.. I ordered and paid for the drag4 manifold from importparts, but they told me that it was going to take another 4 to 6 weeks on top of the 2 months that i had already waited in order to get the manifold shipped out to me.. (and even that wasnt 100%.) seeing as though i wanted to recieve my manifold before the second coming of christ, i decided to cancel.. anyhow, where did you get your manifold from?
Old 10-07-2002, 08:42 AM
Trial User

i got mine from a member here, ic Roger, got it for 450.... he said he had some for a while, but i guess he never it mentioned here, i wish i found out about this guy in july, cool guy
Old 10-07-2002, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Whats the best manifold for the H22a4 available? Drag? RevHard? MexRev? (sagaprelude)

I spoke to him via email once or twice.. and i was considering him as an option but we lost contact.. i told him i would be in L.A. and that i would swing by to pick up the manifold when i was in town, and then i sort of lost contact... he mentioned that he had two.. sold one.. wonder if he has the last one..? hmmmm... i was a bit aprehensive because i didnt want to get scammed.. guess i should have jumped on it..
Old 10-07-2002, 10:30 AM

I like the rev hard, proably going to get one of those since the SFP H22a mani seems inconsistant. I jsut wonder if theirs (any) one makes one with equall length runners that allow you to keep A/C.
Old 10-07-2002, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Whats the best manifold for the H22a4 available? Drag? RevHard? MexRev? (KCHybrid)

I was also considering SFP (especially since they are local here in miami) but then i ran into a couple of posts here on honda tech talking about how their h22 manifold sucks... i guess if you look hard enough you will always find the pro's and con's... just want to get as much info possible to be able to make the best decision.
Old 10-07-2002, 11:39 AM

anyone else wanna ring in?
Old 10-07-2002, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I recommend the Rev Hard manifold definitely.
Old 10-07-2002, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My opinion here

drag crap
sfp worst manifold on the market
turbo performance as bad as sfp, maybe worse

revhard decent -- good design, good welds, notching is required however and teh material used is poor quality

maxrev -- mediocre design, not as good as revhard, no notching, better material and mediocre wastegate placement. I havent seen anyone make any real power, only 227 at the wheels

Old 10-07-2002, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Whats the best manifold for the H22a4 available? Drag? RevHard? MexRev? (FFgeoff)

Greddy not a an option? I have Maxrev but still ironing out some issues. Can't tell right now where the problem lies. I have some parts coming in so will know if the kit itself is an issue soon. I would look into the Greddy kit if I had to do it all over again.
Old 10-07-2002, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats the best manifold for the H22a4 available? Drag? RevHard? MexRev? (Anubyss)

The greddy manifold is alright, problem is it'll only fit an 18g, which is a little small. The greddy kits are basically designed for a modest power upgrade w/ a nice powerband, not all out power that alot of people are looking for.. but it's good quality...

-Mike
Old 10-07-2002, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Whats the best manifold for the H22a4 available? Drag? RevHard? MexRev? (Anubyss)

my only experience so far is with the dragIII manifold, and it wasn't the greatest.
Old 10-07-2002, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats the best manifold for the H22a4 available? Drag? RevHard? MexRev? (Ruckus138)

Yup.. drag is definetly a big pos.. I love how the manifold touches one of the studs and almost touches the other, which makes removing the nuts impossible w/o shaving the stud down and shaving down an open wrench. Seems like the best thing to do is remove those 2 studs and use bolts..

-Mike
Old 10-07-2002, 02:06 PM

Greddy not a an option? I have Maxrev but still ironing out some issues. Can't tell right now where the problem lies. I have some parts coming in so will know if the kit itself is an issue soon. I would look into the Greddy kit if I had to do it all over again.
Also i have a garret t3\t4e.. wont bolt up to a greddy... and so far from what i have read through this post so far revhard is decent, but only because its not as bad as SFP, Drag or Max rev... lol... are there any other brands i should look into? anyone else want to ring in?

[Modified by LordVtec, 6:08 PM 10/7/2002]
Old 10-07-2002, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

TURBO-PERFORMANCE damn them!!!! damn them to hell. well again im mad all over again. heres the story, you might have heard it before... july 19th i ordered my h23 plated manifold. september 15th received it (note the time they had it in stock). i called them the day i got it because it was for the prelude VTE which i told them literally 7 or 8 times its NOT the VTEC. they told me to ship it back and they would give me my money back. well its today and i still have yet to get my money back. i call up there they say "sorry we cant give you your money back yet ill see what i can do for you." finally i said F u guys called up my bank and issed a fraud report. as of now i have 660 credit from my bank if they find turbo-performance guilty or whatever i get to keep the 660. by the way 660 was for the manifold and a downpipe. guess what downpipe i got. a damn B16a downpipe grrrrr... so i dont know what the hell is going on to this day.. F turbo-performance up their stupid ***'s. also the runners or whatever u wanna call them were smaller than the stock ones on my friend 1.5L civic motor tell me thats not small!!!! i would probaly loose horse power being turbocharged with that POS manifold. look nice though. hope this helps anyone from getting the shaft.
Old 10-07-2002, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats the best manifold for the H22a4 available? Drag? RevHard? MexRev? (BoostedH23a1)

F turbo-performance up their stupid ***'s.
i remember the first time you posted that, i was laughing so hard i almost fell out of my chair. Since then i have seen probably 10 more of your posts saying the same exact thing and i think i laugh harder each time, sorry to laugh at your expense but its really funny to hear
Old 10-07-2002, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats the best manifold for the H22a4 available? Drag? RevHard? MexRev? (FFgeoff)

Welcome to the world of the H22a. Nobody makes anything decent for us. Not enough volume. I would go for the Drag 4 if you could possibly wait. At least it's cast. I'm finally just making my own manifold after trying to find anything that's decent without spending over $500.00.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Whats the best manifold for the H22a4 available? Drag? RevHard? MexRev? (DirtyLude)

you have a triple gauge pod ? where did you get that !!?
Old 10-07-2002, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Whats the best manifold for the H22a4 available? Drag? RevHard? MexRev? (BoostedH23a1)

TURBO-PERFORMANCE damn them!!!! damn them to hell..
Well i know now who to definetly stay away from.. lol.. sorry to hear you had such a bad trip with them... hope all worked out for you..
Old 10-07-2002, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Whats the best manifold for the H22a4 available? Drag? RevHard? MexRev? (C-Redrum)

I ordered a triple gauge pod made for a teg... and with patience and a dremel, i modded it to fit the prelude.. heh heh heh... you cant tell.. it came out nice, and looks like it was made for the lude... i will post pics if you want em...

[Modified by LordVtec, 12:36 AM 10/8/2002]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whats the best manifold for the H22a4 available? Drag? RevHard? MexRev?