Notices

What would you use for fuel management for my set-up? GSR greddy

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you use for fuel management for my set-up? GSR greddy

Just bought a used Greddy Kit for my 96 gsr

it comes with everything to bolt on except for for the fuel management set-up

Now keep in mind, I will be only running the minimum amount of boost that the wastegate is set at 7psi

the kit consists oft4 18g turbo(port polished inlet)
cast iron greddy manifold
oil return line, downpipe etc...
spearco front mount intercooler,28x9x3(brand new,zero bent fins)
all piping, clamps, hoses, ect.
450cc injectors

and I bought the blue box from somebody else when i was going to piece together my own kit.

Here's the question and different scenarios for me

1. If I run the blue box........

I don't need the 450's?
I don't need the fuel pump?
or missing link right?

2. However if I don't run the blue box and DON't put the 450;s in,

I would need Missing Link, Fuel Pump, and a 12:1 FMU right?

3. If I don't run the blue box and PUT the 450's in.....

I would need a (? 8:1 ?) FMU, Fuel Pump, and missing link right?

Thanks in advance guys

Like stated earlier, whatever methods is financially LESS would be preferred. I know alot of you guys are going to tell me to keep the 450's but at this time I dont' think that I'm financially able to do that.

Mick

Old 08-25-2002, 09:51 AM

Default Re: What would you use for fuel management for my set-up? GSR greddy (xdsmguy)

I just noticed that the Greddy Kit is suppose to come with 310 injectors, but I'm assuming the previous owner sold them

Can the set-up run safely with stock injectors?

BTW, what size are the stockers?

MIck
Old 08-25-2002, 12:22 PM

Default Re: What would you use for fuel management for my set-up? GSR greddy (xdsmguy)

think of it this way...the blue box is designed to be used with 310cc injectors and an otherwise stock fuel setup. it compensates for both the larger size of the injectors during normal driving (less fuel) and also provides more fuel for boosting situations. it also sends a false map signal to the ecu to prevent throwing a code.

if you use the blue box and larger injectors, you will need somethign else to tune them with.

the other option you mentioned is the FMU-type setup. you will need an FMU and a high pressure in-line fuel pump. these types of setups use high fuel pressures to force a lot more fuel through smaller injectors. it's worked for a lot of people but forcing tons of fuel through tiny injectors is asking for trouble.

neither of these options are great. the blue box is no great shakes, but w/ the larger injectors at 7-8psi it works fine. i personally prefer that option to running high fuel pressures through small injectors.

and i guess you won't be needing my turbo kit?
Old 08-25-2002, 01:34 PM

Default Re: What would you use for fuel management for my set-up? GSR greddy (downpipe)

BTW, I thought that you had another buyer and I was your second option, Sorry I really didn't want to hold out on the other options in case you really did sell your kit, which would leave me with no options.

But another side question

Since the the integra stock injectors are what 240cc? How much of an ill effect would running the blue box be since the box is tuned for running 310cc injectors?

Would it be better to run the blue box with.......

Stock injectors?
450cc?

Or it won't work at all?

And what do you mean I would need something else to tune with if I use the blue box and larger injectors? You mean using the box and the 450's or using the box with the 310's? I thought that the blue box would not require anything else to tune with assuming i use the correct 310 injetcors

TIA.
Old 08-25-2002, 05:35 PM

So i can't use the 450's with the blue box UNLESS I have something to tune it??
Old 08-25-2002, 08:56 PM

Old 08-25-2002, 09:22 PM

BTW, I thought that you had another buyer and I was your second option, Sorry I really didn't want to hold out on the other options in case you really did sell your kit, which would leave me with no options.

that's cool man, no problem. i was just curious

if you used a blue box and stock injectors you would not have enough fuel for eihter boosted or non-boosted situations. it is mapped specifically for the 310 cc injectors. i have heard of people runnign the blue box w/ 450's and a v-afc for tuning and keeping the blue box to prevent the ecu from seeing boost and thowing a code.
Old 08-25-2002, 09:30 PM

And what do you mean I would need something else to tune with if I use the blue box and larger injectors? You mean using the box and the 450's or using the box with the 310's? I thought that the blue box would not require anything else to tune with assuming i use the correct 310 injetcors

TIA.
i meant anythig larger than the 310cc injectors it was meant to be used with, my bad.