Notices

What to use for connectors for turbo pipes

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to use for connectors for turbo pipes

What do i connect the turbo piping with. I only have one of the ones that greddy give's ya. I went ot napa but they said they don't have any couplers like that. Everyone on here said napa would have them so i went to autozone and advance auto parts neither of them had it either. Do i buy 2.5 inch and 2 inch radiator hose and make my own? Where do i find the connectors?
Old 10-24-2003, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What to use for connectors for turbo pipes (Del_Slowest)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Del_Slowest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What do i connect the turbo piping with. I only have one of the ones that greddy give's ya. I went ot napa but they said they don't have any couplers like that. Everyone on here said napa would have them so i went to autozone and advance auto parts neither of them had it either. Do i buy 2.5 inch and 2 inch radiator hose and make my own? Where do i find the connectors?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Napa sells it by the foot... Its called straight hose... ANd you buy whatever size you need for your i/c piping... I bought 2 feet, and it was like $12 a foot i think...
Old 10-24-2003, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What to use for connectors for turbo pipes (ScrapinSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ScrapinSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Napa sells it by the foot... Its called straight hose...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you are really picky they sell hose that is acutally called turbo hose, for making intercooler connections. its way more expensive than the regular straight hose. keep in mind that if your napa doesn't have it in stock they will probably make you buy a minimum length. I had to buy 36 inches.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:37 PM

Default Re: What to use for connectors for turbo pipes (racerxadam)

just got back from napa. I got the 2.5 inch radiator hose ( 10 inches of it ) and 2 inch radiator hose ( 3 inches of it ) . the total was 15 bucks and some change. I put the 2 inch stuff on the stock gretty pipes and they're loose kinda. Worries me a little. Can i put adhesive or something on the pipe to bulk it up a little?
Old 10-24-2003, 06:27 PM

lowes sells rubber connectors of various sizes and you can get them with metal around them for a bit more - they include a clamp. Look in the toilet er um plumping section.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:59 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Del_Slowest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just got back from napa. I got the 2.5 inch radiator hose ( 10 inches of it ) and 2 inch radiator hose ( 3 inches of it ) . the total was 15 bucks and some change. I put the 2 inch stuff on the stock gretty pipes and they're loose kinda. Worries me a little. Can i put adhesive or something on the pipe to bulk it up a little?</TD></TR></TABLE>

What kind of radiator hose did you get? Is it the kind that has ripples in it, or is it like "straight hose"?

If the hose you got has a lotta flex in it, you might get pressure drop due to the fact that the rubber flexes/expands when pressure is put on it. Thats why "straight hose" is good because its re-enforced and does not expand under pressure.

Old 10-24-2003, 08:12 PM

Default Re: What to use for connectors for turbo pipes (LiLOtaku)

it's the straight hose stuff. stiff as a board thats for sure. the 2 inch doesn't fit very nice on the greddy pipes though for some reason. the 2.5 inch fits perfect on the charge pipe i had made though. the radiator hose has like fiber inbetween the rubber, it's not too bad to cut either.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

duct tape....
Old 10-25-2003, 12:18 AM

Default Re: What to use for connectors for turbo pipes (BVM)

big deseal radiator hose
Old 10-25-2003, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What to use for connectors for turbo pipes (Jdm_Rice_Monster)

scotch tape owns joo all...
Old 10-25-2003, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Del_Slowest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's the straight hose stuff. stiff as a board thats for sure. the 2 inch doesn't fit very nice on the greddy pipes though for some reason. the 2.5 inch fits perfect on the charge pipe i had made though. the radiator hose has like fiber inbetween the rubber, it's not too bad to cut either.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have Greddy lower charge pipes, and I uses 2" Silicone connectors on that, and the 2" Napa hose... Just crank down nice and tight...
Old 10-25-2003, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Del_Slowest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just got back from napa. I got the 2.5 inch radiator hose ( 10 inches of it ) and 2 inch radiator hose ( 3 inches of it ) . the total was 15 bucks and some change. I put the 2 inch stuff on the stock gretty pipes and they're loose kinda. Worries me a little. Can i put adhesive or something on the pipe to bulk it up a little?</TD></TR></TABLE>

haven't tried it myself but I have heard of people using hair spray. it is slippery when wet and then sticky as a **** when it dries. supposedly works very well.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:38 AM

3M makes a spray adhesive... I think it's called Super 90 or something. That stuff seals anything together.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

napa has some HEAVY DUTY radiator hose, in large sizes. get that, and ask about Tbolt clamps, and your set. they have them, tell them to dig in their lil books!
Old 10-25-2003, 10:48 AM

Default Re: What to use for connectors for turbo pipes (Tinker219)

yeah, he said he'd have to order t-bolt clamps for me. they don't have any in stock right now
Old 10-25-2003, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by racerxadam &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

haven't tried it myself but I have heard of people using hair spray. it is slippery when wet and then sticky as a **** when it dries. supposedly works very well. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yup... works great