Notices

What should I get with this turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 01:35 PM
Hites

Default What should I get with this turbo?

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=616770

im on a pretty tight budget, first of all. im looking at the intercooled extreme kit for my ls and this is the best quick spooling turbo kit that my dumb cheap *** can afford. i would piece together my own kit if i had a damn clue as to what i was doing and i would really like to have everything laid out in front of me and not be constantly part searching. what would you guys recommend getting with this kit? give me a list of everything basic to complicated. this teg is mainly daily driven and rarely raced. im not planning on any extra boost and ive already got the basic mods. i just want something that can wipe the floor with the ricers that pollute this area and persuade them to come to the performance side.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im in the exact same boat as you but i would suggest not buying this kit. it seems kinda pricey for what you are getting...you can go on ebay and buy a T3/T40B turbo for $350...im buying one today for that price + $20 shipping. Then a BOV and wastegate=$200 each. exhaust manifold=$300 about. Charged piping=$80 from JC whitney. IC=$300. i think that puts you under $2400 and its a much higher quality kit. you will need the oil lines and a tapped oil pan and a few other things...but everyone on this board can help you with that. Clutch...you will probably want to upgrade when you have the cash...Gauges:Boost,EGT, and A/F if you go uberdata/hack....i suggest uberdata...which im doing.

Note...i have never done a turbo car or anything but im going to try to do it myself....i would suggest the same just b/c piecing together seems to save more money...more time...but i think you can find the time for some research...thats just my thoughts...
__________________________________________________ _________________

regardless...if you buy the kit or not you will need fuel management=AFC Hack, Hondata, Uberdata, SMC.....so on and so on. new injectors. 7-8psi=310cc or 450cc. boost and egt gauge are suggested. clutch..should be bought. new exhaust system is also suggested...
Old 09-30-2003, 01:54 PM

Default Re: What should I get with this turbo? (Hites)

Yeah it looks overpriced imo. For around $2400 i got a precision turbo, precision FMIC inline pro manifold, tial wastegate, greddy bov, ect.... All good quality stuff

It just takes patience,and research, but i understand being a noob sometimes peiecing together a kit is just too much. Have you looke dinto maybe a maxrev kit, they are like $2400 i beleive, what about a revhard they have gotten cheaper these days. Is their no one in Ohio that will help this guy out?
Old 09-30-2003, 03:05 PM
Hites

do any of those kits reach peak boost at 2500 rpm?
Old 10-02-2003, 01:35 PM
Hites

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hites &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do any of those kits reach peak boost at 2500 rpm?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-02-2003, 01:39 PM

what do you guys think about the sparks racing kit ?
Old 10-03-2003, 01:18 PM
Hites

Default Re: What should I get with this turbo? (Tommyyy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tommyyy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what do you guys think about the sparks racing kit ? </TD></TR></TABLE>

ummm... no offense, but this doesnt pretain to the subject at hand. start up a new thread and post this question to get a better response.