Notices

What is the purpose of this adjustement screw ( TurboXS DS BC )

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the purpose of this adjustement screw ( TurboXS DS BC )

Like the topic say... in the instruction manual they say to turn the screw until the little ball stock moving. The call that the ''coarse'' adjustement if I remember. Thats the screw that the regulars models dont have and we turn with a really small allen key.

If I im right its to get a better spool time but if, by exemple, I get spike issues and I let more space to the little ball could it help the problem... ?

Im not sure what this feature really does ?

Thanks
Old 09-15-2006, 10:11 AM

haha I can see that im not the only one that dont know this....
Old 09-15-2006, 12:07 PM

no one messed with this little screw ?
Old 09-15-2006, 11:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yellowturbo)

bump cause i have the same boost controller. Never messed with that though. I have heard that you need to shake the boost controller or something like that to bleed it.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It is the course adjustment screw just like on the standard HPBC.

This is the instructions striaght from TurboXS:

A d j usting the High Performance Boost Controller

Note, the vehicle will require a calibrated boost gauge to be fitted to the engine inlet manifold in order that the turbo boost pressure can be monitored while ad j ustment is carried out.

1/ The High Performance Boost Controller should have been pre-set as per the pre-set instruction above prior to installation of the boost controller to the vehicle.

2/ Identify the Fine A d j usting Screw located on the top of the boost controller. With the Fine A d j usting Screw initially fully closed (unable to be wound any further in the clockwise direction), wind the Fine A d j usting Screw three (3) full turns in the counter-clockwise direction. This will reduce the vehicle's turbo lag and increase the boost pressure by approximately one (1) to three (3) psi.

3/ Start increasing the boost pressure by winding the Course A d j usting Screw in the counter-clockwise direction. One (1) full turn of the Course A d j usting Screw will result in a two (2) to four (4) psi increase in boost pressure.

4/ Increase the boost pressure as close as possible to the desired boost pressure using the Course A d j usting Screw. Then use the Fine A d j usting Screw for final ad j ustment of the boost pressure. If you can achieve the desired boost pressure by ad j usting the Course A d j usting Screw only then there is no need to touch the Fine A d j usting Screw.

5/ The boost pressure can be decreased by winding the Course A d j usting Screw or the Fine A d j usting Screw in the clockwise direction. However, D O NOT close the Fine A d j usting Screw to be less than two (2) turns open from the fully closed position.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:23 AM

so it mean that the course adjustement is the most important... and you do the small adjustement with the ****.

I was sure that it was the opposite !