Notices

What is making my car rev up and down while holding steady at 3 grand?

Old 02-15-2003, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is making my car rev up and down while holding steady at 3 grand?(injector problem?)

I have had a simialr problem with the iacv but befor I had an engine light. The problem started after I installed the SMC+ and dsm 450's. At first I thought it was injector related but now I am not sure. I am thinking that my slight throttle problems are related to this. I relize there is suppose to be a problem with the 450's taking longer to open but this is rediculous. I am not blamming these problems on the SMC+ but maybe the injectors? I really need some serious descriptions of car behaviors with the 450 injectors? Is this problem because of the size or being low inpedance? Is it even an injector issue? Could this be my O2 sensor? Maybe even another killed IACV? I realy would like to hear peoples expeirence with the dsm 450 setup on daily drivabilty issues! Please, I want this car to stop bucking and doing all of these weird things. I am alone in this shithole of a town when it comes to doing something different. You All are my only hope! Thanks for your time

[Modified by CivicSoul, 4:50 PM 2/15/2003]
Old 02-15-2003, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What is making my car rev up and down while holding steady at 3 grand?(injector problem?) (Civic

It's a known issue (to me at least) with any "hacked" setup (afc hack etc) and 450 cc injectors. I read somewhere that it happens to others. It happens to me, too, with the afc, but I was able to dumb it down by playing with teh fuel settings. It is only noticeable at idle for me, probably for you, too? It doesn't effect anything while driving. It's also hard to 'rev' your motor (show off style) because it richens up and bogs and sounds like ****.

I beleive I read that people running the greddy blue box have this exact same 'problem'. Don't sweat it.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:42 PM

Default Re: What is making my car rev up and down while holding steady at 3 grand?(injector problem?) (Civic

The hacks tend to reduce the resolution that the ECU can actually see when it's in open loop or idling. There's nothing you can do about it except go with a standalone.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the info. Not what I wanted to here but I guess it is better then hearing that my sensors are bad(no more money!) Anyway, I will be going to a stand alone sooner or later but no one in Tally works with hondata and AEM is way to much right now. know anybody that works with hondata around tally?
Old 02-16-2003, 09:15 AM
New User

I'm in Tampa, not really that far away, let me know if I can help you.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:32 AM

Well it could be an iacv though. My iacv has been messed up for months but has never thrown a CEL. Mine sits a 2k for a little then revs up and down when its really cold out, but is completely fine when its warm outside or Ive been driving for like half an hour. Someone bypassed my TB coolant lines which is what f'ed with mine. How about yours? Does it go away after long driving?
Old 02-17-2003, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no and I never diconnected the coolant lines. I am thinking my TPS might being contributing some. I had to reinstall the tps on a different throttle body and never had a chance to see if it was reading right. Could this be the root to my evil?
Old 02-17-2003, 06:47 PM

i knew you were running a hack before i even read the question
Old 02-17-2003, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

check to see and make sure that your TPS plug are tight....a hgalf *** connection the the TPS will do that

stan
Old 02-17-2003, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i just had this prob after taking my turbo and smc stuff off, try adtjusting the tps and idle screw and maybe even the throttle cable screw thing, this takes a long time to do tho, someone correct me if im wrong so i dont keep doing this