Notices

what kinda cars can I beat on the street with 350whp?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 01:14 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what kinda cars can I beat on the street with 350whp?

Im currently building up my street integra we are estimating around 350whp once its done. What kinda cars would i be able to run on the streets and beat & and nwhat do u think my 1/4 mile times would be on drag ridals
Old 01-07-2002, 01:15 AM
Trial User

Default Re: what kinda cars can I beat on the street with 350whp? (Trajic)

tooo tooo many cars to list.

basically anything that is slower than 11.9 seconds will be cake.
Old 01-07-2002, 05:46 AM
Trial User

Uh.. I think a better question is what cars won't you beat..

Like he said.. pretty much anything stock that rolls off the dealer showroom, some modded v8's, lots of cars..... IF you can handle all of that 350 properly and get the power down...
Old 01-07-2002, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what kinda cars can I beat on the street with 350whp? (GSRwBOOST)

you will tear most cars on the road with tha pwr. its very rare you will loose. Dont try to outrun supras on the highway or anything like that. you wont beat them especially the heavily modified ones.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: gravity rides everything...everything will fall, se GA/ne FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

even 300 is plenty. oops i forgot i have a 2000 lb hatch. yes you will be tearing a--holes all over with 350.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what kinda cars can I beat on the street with 350whp? (not so civic)

Just do the power to weight math.. then do it for whatever car you're pitting yourself against and viola! Not exact, but a damn good estimate.
Old 01-07-2002, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what kinda cars can I beat on the street with 350whp? (VTC_CiViC)

if your a good driver you shouldn't have a problem beating just about anything you race, traction is gonna be your main problem even if you take it easy, one of my friends is pushing 330 in their civic si and his best time was 12.00 on 24'slicks, i forgot the mile per hour, but if your running drag radials you might want to think about getting some slicks, drag radials will give you descent times but your still gonna lose traction, slicks are the way to go if your looking to run good *** times....i wish i had 350 whp, i 'd probably cry if that happened.....**** my buddy was only putting out 254 whp and he ran 12.5's all day long-Ls teg....you should be happy with the results once you learn how to handle that car.......
Old 01-07-2002, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its more of how much traction you have with 350hp ... wont do you anygood if you're spinning every gear,

greg
Old 01-07-2002, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what kinda cars can I beat on the street with 350whp? (vtec4gs)

That is the power I was making with my old Civic. Basically, on the street, most people will take you off the line, but after that, you will TOAST them. It was so bad that I would just let them launch, while I rolled off the line, and then floored it...but still, as soon as boost kicked, I would lose traction. I only lost to a 10 second Mustang, and a Porsche 911tt with a full 10 point roll-cage, etc...etc...etc...That ******* lifted his front tires on me...hehehe, that was cool. Once you get used to how to feather around wheelspin, you will smoke most people you race. I was ripping on Porsche's and Ferrari's left and right. Hondas, and other imports...gimme a break. I would line up at the street races when I used to be retarded, and nobody would line up with me, and I would be forced to make an exhibition pass to get people wet.
Old 01-07-2002, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i'd say probably all of the blue ones and some red ones too
Old 01-07-2002, 11:53 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with that much power you should run 120mph trap speeds.. thats the same as a BPU++ supra/RX7, cam/heads TA/SS, 150 shot TA/SS, stock viper, SC mustangs and so on... Z06's and porche 911's.. but the problem is you will have alot harder of a time using that power then any of these cars..
Old 01-07-2002, 11:55 AM

Default Re: what kinda cars can I beat on the street with 350whp? (MatT3T4)

Holy ****, Its Matt t3/t4!!!!!!! Whats up buddy???? Its Jorge, nos3000. Where the hell have you been? You aren't on superhonda anymore, I never see you online anymore, nothing. Guys, this is the guy who got me my rev hard kit. By the way Matt, I ran an 11.90 @ 119mph. That was on a stock head. My head is being built right now at SFP. This car is a pain in the *** to drive though.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what kinda cars can I beat on the street with 350whp? (turbogsr)

I told you it was the **** man...**** yeah.

Anyway, I am on SHO, mostly in the OT forum...I got kinda burnt out on helping people...lol. But, I am kinda coming back to tech forums, and selling parts.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:18 PM

No offense but I like this board better than the other one. But you just disappeared man. How is the Lexus treating you? When are you putting a turbo on that bad boy? Talk to Lance down here in Miami. Toyomoto is the **** down here for those cars.

Matt, what do you think about upgrading my turbo to a 60-1 and upgrading my intercooler to the Apex one? Or should I just stay w/ my setup? By the way, that 11.90 run was w/ full interior and everything. I even had my spare tire in the trunk. I cut no corners this time.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:26 PM
New User

Daydreaming about his car pushing 300+ to the wheels, Cru wipes the drool off his face and fills out a couple more credit card applications.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Jorge, I told you that the RH kit is the ****. I loved mine.

Anyway, a 60-1 upgrade, along with the A'pex Skyline core would be great. You can dip into the 10's without a problem. The 60-1 is an awesome turbocharger.

As for my Lexus, I was thinking about doing a Toyomoto kit, but I think I will go custom. Next year, I am going to buy a blown 2JZ-GE motor, and build the living **** out of it, and slap a T-88 on it. I will probably get a Toyomoto manifold though. I am looking for 900hp...I am going all out with this ******. The car is awesome, and thinking about a 900hp SC300 makes my tip wet...!!!
Old 01-07-2002, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Matt WASSUP! Dunno if you remember me, we chatted briefly a few times over on SHO, whilst I was decided what to do with my LS powered CRX. I've got it finished now. My site is in my sig if you'd like to take a look. But anyways i'd just like to say thanx for the help and advice you offered me...
Old 01-07-2002, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what kinda cars can I beat on the street with 350whp? (Speed PHreak)

No problem dude. You were on the Hybrid board too right, and I told you to go to the Turbo forum on SHO while I was moderating it because the Hybrid guys, for the most part, pretty much only know about NA...lol. What up man.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what kinda cars can I beat on the street with 350whp? (Speed PHreak)

hrm, I hit your page, and it pops up for a hot second, then flicks to the "Sorry, Geoshitties is gay and can't find your page" crap...!!!

Go to http://www.20m.com and register a domain there, it's free, and has good templates to use, it's easy as **** to do, and you can link your pictures out to boards like this one...
Old 01-07-2002, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey Jorge, how's the GS-R treating you? You gotta let me know next time you plan on laying down some runs dude, I wanna be there with my camera And I see Frank's working your head now? Sounds good meng, can't wait till this summer when I send my motor over there and let Frank go to work on it!! BTW, the guy with the Hondata Si that you beat months back, is he still on the stock displacement B16 or did he stroke/bore it??
Old 01-07-2002, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yup I use the same name everywhere I go......Yeah I used to know only about N/A shiz, but now i'm alittle wiser to the whole FI thang. Only bad thing is that 1900lbs worth of CRX and turbo LS torque equates to lots of tractions problems. Try to race, ease 1st(spin anyway), nail 2nd(spin some more), grab thrid(chirp) and bog until the turbo spools, then it flys.......My suspension is stock and blown, ever see the FWD car equivalent of a fish tail?

Yeah geo-****-ies sux I jsut got to it a min ago, so maybe it was a glitch.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn geoshitties, I still can't get it. Oh well, maybe when geoshitties stops cyberfarting I'll check it out.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:24 PM
New User

Traction (wheel spin) issues aside, in an auto X situation, will a 350whp honda walk all over new M3's and M5's? Everyone talks 1/4 mile times, which are clearly limited by traction issues. Is it safe to say, once your 350whp hatch or Teg is hooked up, you better be in a Viper to keep up? Not trying to make ricer claims, I just want an idea of how well outside the 1/4 our most highly built Hondas compete.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what kinda cars can I beat on the street with 350whp? (Cru_Jones)

I would hesitate to auto-x a high powered Honda. I have a thing against high power FF's in turns. I did my fair share of 1.0+ bar canyon runs in SoCal, and depending on how hard the turn is, and how much power you are making...you could be in for some surprises. A lot of the time, I would hit a turn, and nail the gas, and drift the car (of sorts) because my wheels would let loose sending my entire car in the direction of momentum, not in the direction the wheels were pointed. Of course, my suspension was anything but a pro auto-x setup. I had some suspension work done, but not nearly what would be ideal for a pro auto-x'er. Still though, I would be somewhat hesitant, although I would like to give it a try if anyone wants to lend me their 400hp FF auto-x'er...
Old 01-07-2002, 04:58 PM

your putting out 350 whp?? what mods are you planning on to do that??

Quick Reply: what kinda cars can I beat on the street with 350whp?