Notices

what kind of boost can i run with my set up???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2001, 05:58 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what kind of boost can i run with my set up???

i am still tuning my car...i need to get it to a dyno to do some tuning but what are some ways that i can find out what my boost level i can run??? i guess it would be kind of tough to know what's safe for my car but is there a general rule??? here's what i have on the car right now...as moniters i have a boost gauge and air/fuel gauge by autometer, turboxs manual boost controller, drag gen 2 turbo kit with 255lph fuel pump, stock injectors, 12:1 vortech FMU, thermal r&d 3" turbo exhaust, 3" test pipe, V-AFC, an in-line pro headgasket ummm...hks external wastegate...i think that's pretty much it...(i need to put my mods in a signiture because it's hard for me to remember, how do i do that?)...i will be getting the missing link here soon and will it make any difference to what amount of boost i can run? how about an ignition set up? as i will be getting that put on soon...i know i need to keep an eye on the air/fuel gauge but im used to a turbo eclipse which there were boost settings set in stone a little better...i.e. 16G with 255lph fuel pump can run safe on 17psi and 20psi on race gas, of course there are a lot more tuned DSM's out there so there is more trial and error...i don't want MY integra to be an ERROR! anyway let me know...this is on a B17a with stock block and 9.7:1 compression lowered to whatever the headgasket lowers the compression to (does anyone know???)...anyway sorry this is so long but i am trying to get everything in here...thanks...later.
Corey
oh yeah, motor has about 90k on it but it's in excellent shape...good compression in all cylinders. trust me...it's in excellent shape....

[Modified by B17aTURBO, 3:05 AM 10/23/2001]
Old 10-22-2001, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what kind of boost can i run with my set up??? (B17aTURBO)

Your week link will be the FMU. They work fine for up to 8-10 psi but I wouldn't trust it to handle my fuel delivery after that. Get real engine management if you want to run more than that.
Old 10-22-2001, 06:12 PM
New User

Default Re: what kind of boost can i run with my set up??? (Davep)

like what kind of fuel management???
Old 10-22-2001, 06:50 PM
New User

Like Hondata, for example. I know, I know....... I am a Hondata bastard child!!!!
Old 10-22-2001, 07:32 PM
New User

Default Re: what kind of boost can i run with my set up??? (97CivicFerio)

i'll be honest...ive heard of hondata but i don't know much about it...i need some info, especially what it cost...thanks...later.
Corey
Old 10-22-2001, 07:33 PM
New User

i forgot...i have adjustable cam gears but i didn't set them...the shop that installed the turbo kit did and i think they set it at 4 degrees retard...thanks...later.
Corey
Old 10-23-2001, 03:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Real engine managment like Speedpro, TEC II, electromotive, DFI, PMS, Hondata there are a few options. The reason everyone likes hondata is that it's so easy to use and install. And it works as well, if not better than any of the others. I've had mine for about a year and I have used it with boost and NA and it works very well. Check it out here http://www.hondata.com/