Notices

what headers should i get for my turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what headers should i get for my turbo?

Hi i'm new to this forum. i've been researching, but i can't find anywhere that says what kind of headers would go good with my t3/t4 turbo i just bought for my 99 CIVIC SI-VTEC "R" from a friend..i have HKS hiper exhaust and AEM cAi already..what other stuff do i need to complete the turbo kit? do u guys have any suggestions? i need to know soon..there's a civic meet next month. thanks
Old 04-01-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: what headers should i get for my turbo? (viet_tec)

ricer. you have to get a intercooler or your intake doesnt work as well as it should.. intercooler gives it the full potential to suck in air. btw, wut are you trying to burn?? a celica gst? your t3/t4 turbo wont be big enough. IMO, i think you should go t78.. you'll get more respect from that
Old 04-01-2005, 09:48 PM

you don't need a header, try a manifold with a t3 flange.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (808_eG_unit)

ummmmmm???????????
Old 04-01-2005, 10:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you say WTF is wrong with me?

Header- is for a All Motor car. meaning no turbo, nitrous, Supercharged ect..

Turbo Manifold. A manifold that allows the exhaust air to spool up the turbo to force air into the intake.

I think you need a turbo manifold new guy.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:24 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by viet_tec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi i'm new to this forum. i've been researching, but i can't find anywhere that says what kind of headers would go good with my t3/t4 turbo i just bought for my 99 CIVIC SI-VTEC "R" from a friend..i have HKS hiper exhaust and AEM cAi already..what other stuff do i need to complete the turbo kit? do u guys have any suggestions? i need to know soon..there's a civic meet next month. thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats because headers dont go with turbos. you need to do some research before you turbo your SI-VTEC "R".
Old 04-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what headers should i get for my turbo? (civichua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civichua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ricer. you have to get a intercooler or your intake doesnt work as well as it should.. intercooler gives it the full potential to suck in air. btw, wut are you trying to burn?? a celica gst? your t3/t4 turbo wont be big enough. IMO, i think you should go t78.. you'll get more respect from that</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by viet_tec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi i'm new to this forum. i've been researching, but i can't find anywhere that says what kind of headers would go good with my t3/t4 turbo i just bought for my 99 CIVIC SI-VTEC "R" from a friend..i have HKS hiper exhaust and AEM cAi already..what other stuff do i need to complete the turbo kit? do u guys have any suggestions? i need to know soon..there's a civic meet next month. thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont know who was worse.... Trolls?
Old 04-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what headers should i get for my turbo? (VtecAddict96)

wtf are these guys talking about they are both ricers!
Old 04-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what headers should i get for my turbo? (VtecAddict96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecAddict96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I dont know who was worse.... Trolls?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Their being members is a joke... literally
Old 04-01-2005, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

go wit a equal length Full Race turbo manifold...get a oil pan from moroso that already has the hole put in for the oil line for the turbo
Old 04-01-2005, 11:52 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civichua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ricer. you have to get a intercooler or your intake doesnt work as well as it should.. intercooler gives it the full potential to suck in air. btw, wut are you trying to burn?? a celica gst? your t3/t4 turbo wont be big enough. IMO, i think you should go t78.. you'll get more respect from that</TD></TR></TABLE>

t3/t04 not big enough?? haha more respect?
Old 04-01-2005, 11:57 PM
most hood white kid

wow...all I can say is wow!!
Old 04-02-2005, 12:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can you say WTF is wrong with me?

Header- is for a All Motor car. meaning no turbo, nitrous, Supercharged ect..

Turbo Manifold. A manifold that allows the exhaust air to spool up the turbo to force air into the intake.

I think you need a turbo manifold new guy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

nitrous and supercharged cars have a header/s
Old 04-02-2005, 02:19 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by viet_tec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi i'm new to this forum.i've been researching , but i can't find anywhere that says what kind of headers would go good with my t3/t4 turbo i just bought for my 99 CIVIC SI-VTEC "R" from a friend..i have HKS hiper exhaust and AEM cAi already..what other stuff do i need to complete the turbo kit? do u guys have any suggestions? i need to know soon..there's a civic meet next month. thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

back to the drawing boards, looks like you need to read up
Old 04-02-2005, 02:27 AM
kr
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what headers should i get for my turbo? (Deluzional)

yes
Old 04-02-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Re: what headers should i get for my turbo? (kr)

SI-VTEC R
Old 04-02-2005, 05:34 AM

Default Re: what headers should i get for my turbo? (JDM H23A)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM H23A &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SI-VTEC R </TD></TR></TABLE>
yup
Old 04-02-2005, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what headers should i get for my turbo? (ssbpturbohatch)

WTF is a "Celica GST"???

If you mean a Eclipse GST then a properly turbo'd SI should have no problems beating.

If you are talking a Celica GTS then THAT is a joke, and should have no problem beating one with bolt ons!!!

Both of you need to come up to date on your info!!!! USE THE SEARCH!!! IT WORKS!!!
Old 04-02-2005, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Go search in the forced induction classifieds (atm you can view, but not post there) for "turbo manifold". Cast manifolds run around $300 for a T3 flange (thats what your turbo has), and tubular equal-lenth manifolds run ~$600-1k+ Cast is great for a budget and lower rpm power as well as slightly faster spool time (great for a daily driver b16), whereas equal-length mani's can give 20+ hp after 5.5k (search for dyno compairisons). I the end its better to go with an equal-length, since you can just downshift to get into the powerband. Who lugs a b16 anyways?

The other item you'll need is a downpipe. Thats the exhaust pipe running off the turbo that connects to your cat-back exhaust. 3" nets something like 200-400rpm quicker spool time over 2.5, even more if it's a full 3" exhaust. Remember to tune it befor you give it ANY boost!
Old 04-02-2005, 08:33 AM

Default Re: what headers should i get for my turbo? (jdmitr)

first of all, i bought a celica gst from a guy here.. you RIC3R.. i'd beat your HONDA 4 banger anyday.. with your AEM INTAKE AND OMGOMGOMG CAMS

SO HOW ABOUT YOU DO SOME RESEARCHING, ricer.

oh and heres another picture for you..

Old 04-02-2005, 08:37 AM

s0rry im n00b. th4nks for the replies!!!!!

nice car civichua what kind of turbo do u have? what's ur setup.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civichua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first of all, i bought a celica gst from a guy here.. you RIC3R.. i'd beat your HONDA 4 banger anyday.. with your AEM INTAKE AND OMGOMGOMG CAMS

</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAH ....

He has a T1000, that can transform into ne turbo he wants
Old 04-02-2005, 08:44 AM

Default Re: what headers should i get for my turbo? (00mofo)

the new t1000, good god
Old 04-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civichua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first of all, i bought a celica gst from a guy here.. you RIC3R.. i'd beat your HONDA 4 banger anyday.. with your AEM INTAKE AND OMGOMGOMG CAMS

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Idiot, you think we can't indentify a photohshop image when we see one... Idiot...
Old 04-02-2005, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

First you will need a Turbo manifold. There is a BIG difference between a header an turbo manifold

Secondly you can use the CAI for your tubo setup. Just get a BOV flange welded on then you would just continue th epiping from there to your intercooler so basically what you need is

T3/T4 turbo manifold

piping from TB (like I stated before you can use your CAI) to FMIC, then piping from turbo to FMIC and a downpipe to connect your turbo to the rest of your exhaust

BOV

oil lines for your turbo (feed and return)

vacuum lines

gauges (most peopel say boost, oil pressure and EGT at a minimum. I am going with boost, oil pressure, water temp, wideband most likely)

And an intercooler. Some say a intercooler isnt necessary depending on the PSI you are running but better to be safe than sorry. You can get intercoolers on ebay for a good price.

Fuel management. You have several options...&gt;AFC Hack, Hondata, or some of the free ( free used loosely, you have to buy supplies) software out there liek uberdata, etc.

And a decent set of tools. Seems like I am forgetting something. I think I covered all the big items.

Quick Reply: what headers should i get for my turbo?