Notices

What happens if you use a divided turbo with.............................................

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happens if you use a divided turbo with.............................................

What happens if you use a divided turbo housing with open mouth manifold ?????? just wondering
Old 09-15-2007, 09:34 AM

Default Re: What happens if you use a divided turbo with............................................. (boost

good question i would like to know this as well
Old 09-15-2007, 11:23 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What happens if you use a divided turbo with............................................. (boost

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ChampWhiteTegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good question i would like to know this as well</TD></TR></TABLE>

only thing, you dont benefit from the divided pulse.
the divided mani's are setup to have the exhaust pulses follow each other to the tip of the turbine wheel. if you arent using s divided mani, you just loose that benefit. sacrifice is a little turbo response.

john ferg's car was a 40r? i think? divided housing with a run of the mill bottom mount manifold.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they had a 4067 with a standard tang. rear... non div.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You dont get the gains of the divided inlet and you get the losses of a big bar in the middle of your exhaust flow.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

never got into it that far w/ john, an assumption on my part. sorry. but still i stand by my statement above - the turbo on fergies car.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You wouldn't see that much of a loss with the exhaust moving around that divider on a Honda. It comes down to the AR though, which is calulated by the cross-section area & radius. Since the undivided has a larger area at the inlet, the calulations to get the A/R means the radius (at least at the inlet) is a bit larger. This means the same A/R housings would lead to a bit more area (flow) for the undivided's inlet.

This is why lots of divided guys use a larger A/R when running a divided housing & manifold (but not too much bigger) - they still get more response, but have more overall flow past the inlet.

Running the same A/R divided & undivided on the same undivided manifold would give a ever-so-slightly faster spool with the divided housing, but much more power for the undivided.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:15 PM
E-thug

really? how much is much more? have u tested this? just curious.