Notices

What was everybodys first reaction when they boosted a honda?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 03:31 PM
Obie

Default What was everybodys first reaction when they boosted a honda?

Did you love it or did you regret it because of the money spent on it.

My first bosted car was a 92 Civic Si and I loved it instantly too bad it was stolen in 02 and it was never found.
Old 09-26-2003, 03:44 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: What was everybodys first reaction when they boosted a honda? (play)

Really regretting my car, has been an on goin saga all summer and finally get everythign together and supposed to tune this weekend but ******* rain Im about to give up
Old 09-26-2003, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What was everybodys first reaction when they boosted a honda? (play)

tell you in a week or 2
Old 09-26-2003, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What was everybodys first reaction when they boosted a honda? (95civicex)

My first reaction:

"the blow off valve is annoying!"

"Damn its fast! Im invincible! "
Old 09-26-2003, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by play &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My first bosted car was a 92 Civic Si and I loved it instantly too bad it was stolen in 02 and it was never found. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry to hear. I feel your pain. On my first 2001 gsr, I saved every penny for my turbo. I bought it, installed it in my own garage too with only experience being intake installs. 2 days later, BAM! it was stolen, found 3 days later stripped down to the frame.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I loved boosting my car, it was worth it, but it has become a problem.... you tend to want more boost over time... which equals more money...
Old 09-26-2003, 04:04 PM

Default Re: What was everybodys first reaction when they boosted a honda? (intekragsr)

first reaction.. after the acceleration pulled the head unit off and the ash tray off and shot it into the back seat... "holy ****"
Old 09-26-2003, 04:22 PM

wow
Old 09-26-2003, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What was everybodys first reaction when they boosted a honda? (Jay Dirt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jay Dirt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first reaction.. after the acceleration pulled the head unit off and the ash tray off and shot it into the back seat... "holy ****"</TD></TR></TABLE>

now that is funny
Old 09-26-2003, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What was everybodys first reaction when they boosted a honda? (jmal1919)

Couldnt say a damn thing...my smile was ear to ear!!!
Old 09-26-2003, 05:10 PM

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, too much money spend.....
it's a rocket science...
Selling it so it wouldn't get stolen j.k.
Old 09-26-2003, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What was everybodys first reaction when they boosted a honda? (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Couldnt say a damn thing...my smile was ear to ear!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was so shocked but i loved it so much. Never N/A again for me
Old 09-26-2003, 05:19 PM

Default Re: What was everybodys first reaction when they boosted a honda? (Boosted99Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boosted99Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I was so shocked but i loved it so much. Never N/A again for me</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hell yes, same thing here. I couldn't believe the money I wasted on intake, header, and not feeling ****. I remember the first night I had the turbo on I was running all over the place open downpipe, lol. It was a pain in the *** to put together but well worth it. I couldn't stop smiling, and usually everywhere I went I was going in WOT sprints to the speed limit Freeway onramps are where it owned. You can't just drive a boosted car normally, it's just begging to be spooled! I used a stock rx7 bov, then a mr2 bov...and I got annoyed by the god damn sound too, lol. I can't see how people can STAND the chirpy greddy's etc. Every god damn time you let off the gas, CCHIIRR CHHIIRR CHIIIR CCHIIIRR CHIIIR
Old 09-26-2003, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What was everybodys first reaction when they boosted a honda? (sporkcrx)

Feeling so much torque in a honda was weird...smiled for days.
Old 09-26-2003, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What was everybodys first reaction when they boosted a honda? (Bailhatch)

Its been a week of joy. Got done last week. When I drove it for the first time last week, I was like wow, I LOVE BOOST. Like everybody else smile from ear to ear.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What was everybodys first reaction when they boosted a honda? (Bailhatch)

man, those late nights in the garage and in the winter are all worth it.. there's nothing like passing a truck/car/grandma on the hwy w/ the grace and speed of a crotch rocket..

not only that, a boosted engine sounds so much better than a NA engine hands down...
Old 09-26-2003, 07:14 PM

Default Re: What was everybodys first reaction when they boosted a honda? (92HB_HB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92HB_HB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">man, those late nights in the garage and in the winter are all worth it.. there's nothing like passing a truck/car/grandma on the hwy w/ the grace and speed of a crotch rocket..

not only that, a boosted engine sounds so much better than a NA engine hands down...</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL, so true. When stock it took FOREVER to pass people on 2 lane roads, you just sit right next to them at redline trying to get past them. With the power of the dark side it aint a thing!
Old 09-26-2003, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What was everybodys first reaction when they boosted a honda? (sporkcrx)

Old 09-26-2003, 07:45 PM

Default Re: What was everybodys first reaction when they boosted a honda? (intekragsr)

Friend and I were just like and looked at each other thinking "sweet jesus!" When the car lost traction at the end of 4th gear on dry pavement we just didn't know what to say...then it blew up

18lb's on a stock B16 DA, overboosting problem

Was fun while it lasted.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:48 PM

Default Re: What was everybodys first reaction when they boosted a honda? (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Couldnt say a damn thing...my smile was ear to ear!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

its like the first time you had sex!
Old 09-26-2003, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haven't boosted my car yet but im working on it.

i remember going to a dyno day and seeing a '00 civic si boosted screamin ful boost in vtec to 8500 i was in awww.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:10 PM

Default Re: (ambition)

2 days after...I was like oh **** i didnt install my oil feed line...i love it now
Old 09-26-2003, 08:26 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

First Reaction on my Old Crx was.........WHOOAA ****!!..........I forgot to put my hood support/Lack on and it came up and folded over the top of the car smashing my windhield and twisting my hood over the roof like a sardeen can.....After that i put my head out my window and continued my first boosted joy ride!
Old 09-26-2003, 08:27 PM

Default Re: (Deluzional)

Narf! I have to break it in!?!?!?
Once I hit boost.. pure exstacy.. worth every red cent I put into it!!! And every cent since then!!! And every cent I have now... and will .. and am saving... worse than any addiction I have ever had, and WAY more expensive! But well worth it... your first vette kill is so sweet, especially knowing that you are doing it with 1.8L and still getting 37.4MPG.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B94Cast)

First impression. Felt good to complete something I put so much blood sweat and tears into. Now for tuning.

Quick Reply: What was everybodys first reaction when they boosted a honda?