Notices

What does the stock Greddy WG position looks like?

Old 03-17-2006, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does the stock Greddy WG position looks like?

My car is boosting 7-8 psi right now with NO boost controller. The guy who owned it before me ran 7psi, but he had the boost controller hooked up. I'm confused as crap, so I assumed that he adjusted the WG setting, and I wanted to know what it should be set at to run the stock 5.5psi... there's 6 threads on the WG arm right now if that helps

also, the car has NO blow-off valve right now, but I don't know if that makes a difference?

and please, only tell me to do something if you know for sure, cause I can't have any experiments with overboosting
Old 03-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: What does the stock Greddy WG position looks like? (19t EX coupe)

Simple. Stock boost on that kit SHOULD be around 5-6psi. 7psi isn't THAT much higher. If you want to LOWER boost, then LENGTHEN the rod.. IE: Loosen the nut, thread the adapter outwards, tighten nut. If you want to INCREASE boost, then SHORTEN the rod. Personally, I would leave it how it is.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:25 AM

Default Re: What does the stock Greddy WG position looks like? (Hybrid93Eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Simple. Stock boost on that kit SHOULD be around 5-6psi. 7psi isn't THAT much higher. If you want to LOWER boost, then LENGTHEN the rod.. IE: Loosen the nut, thread the adapter outwards, tighten nut. If you want to INCREASE boost, then SHORTEN the rod. Personally, I would leave it how it is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok, that helps alot

I have the Greddy Profec E-01 that the previous owner had, but it isn't installed yet... should I just leave the boost level where it is, and just sell the boost controller? I wanted to use it to fine tune the car, but I could always just go to a tuner
Old 03-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 19t EX coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ok, that helps alot

I have the Greddy Profec E-01 that the previous owner had, but it isn't installed yet... should I just leave the boost level where it is, and just sell the boost controller? I wanted to use it to fine tune the car, but I could always just go to a tuner</TD></TR></TABLE>

No. If you have the controller then adjust the wastegate like I told you down to 5psi. Hook up the controller and then use it to raise the boost. You will get MUCH quicker spool times and it will control the wastegate alot more accurately. Trust me.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:43 AM

Default Re: What does the stock Greddy WG position looks like? (Hybrid93Eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No. If you have the controller then adjust the wastegate like I told you down to 5psi. Hook up the controller and then use it to raise the boost. You will get MUCH quicker spool times and it will control the wastegate alot more accurately. Trust me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok, that's what I thought, that it would be more conistent, but I didn't know it would make the spool quicker, that's awsome

I'll try the wastegate thing here in a bit and go for a test-drive
Old 03-17-2006, 12:13 PM

Problem solved