Notices

what do you guys think about this car

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you guys think about this car

Im a college student that is looking for a car and this one is local

i can pay for it cash so i dont have to take out a loan

i like it cause its reliable good on gas and fairly quick and can be made really quick with alil money

1998 Integra Type R Turbo #87 of 1998 White w/blue pearl paint. Freshly built engine with all the best parts. One of the most reliable turbo cars you can ever own. Many modifications on this car. Some listed below. All modifications were done by credited professionals. Boost controller is on and is running at one bar. The car has seen dyno time and continues to every chance I get. It is tuned to run safe at one bar on 93 octane and makes near 350 to the front wheels at that boost. The block can hold over 30+ lbs. This car has all the potential to dip into 11's easily with a smart person behind the project. I am selling because I am going to school and need to put money into that now. Please email me if you have any questions, I'm sure I left out a couple things! Darton sleeved block. (wet sleeves) Flat deck JE 9.0/1 pistons (type r) Bore .20 over Crower conn. rods Crank is polished and knife edged. Head is ported and polished. Angle job on valves. Greddy Type R Blow off valve. T04e turbonetics turbo. JG/edelbrock intake manifold. Turbo-Performance equal length exhaust manifold. Greddy intercooler. AEM fuel rail. AEM fuel pressure regulator. Steel braided fuel lines. Greddy 720cc injectors. Skunk 2 wire harness adapter. Hondata stage 3 w/boost. In tank fuel pump. VOLK SE37k wheels. Greddy profec B boost controller. Turbo timer Apex'i boost gauge w/playback, peak hold. HKS wastegate (10lb spring) LS tranny with QUAIFE differential and more. NEED TO SELL ASAP! PRICE HAS BEEN LOWERED TO 15K!

well let me know what you guys think

-will

Old 03-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: what do you guys think about this car (unknown0304)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by unknown0304 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im a college student that is looking for a car and this one is local

i like it cause its reliable good on gas and fairly quick and can be made really quick with alil money

1998 Integra Type R Turbo #87 of 1998 White w/blue pearl paint. Freshly built engine with all the best parts. One of the most reliable turbo cars you can ever own. Many modifications on this car. Some listed below. All modifications were done by credited professionals. Boost controller is on and is running at one bar. The car has seen dyno time and continues to every chance I get. It is tuned to run safe at one bar on 93 octane and makes near 350 to the front wheels at that boost. The block can hold over 30+ lbs. This car has all the potential to dip into 11's easily with a smart person behind the project. I am selling because I am going to school and need to put money into that now. Please email me if you have any questions, I'm sure I left out a couple things! Darton sleeved block. (wet sleeves) Flat deck JE 9.0/1 pistons (type r) Bore .20 over Crower conn. rods Crank is polished and knife edged. Head is ported and polished. Angle job on valves. Greddy Type R Blow off valve. T04e turbonetics turbo. JG/edelbrock intake manifold. Turbo-Performance equal length exhaust manifold. Greddy intercooler. AEM fuel rail. AEM fuel pressure regulator. Steel braided fuel lines. Greddy 720cc injectors. Skunk 2 wire harness adapter. Hondata stage 3 w/boost. In tank fuel pump. VOLK SE37k wheels. Greddy profec B boost controller. Turbo timer Apex'i boost gauge w/playback, peak hold. HKS wastegate (10lb spring) LS tranny with QUAIFE differential and more. NEED TO SELL ASAP! PRICE HAS BEEN LOWERED TO 15K!

well let me know what you guys think

-will

</TD></TR></TABLE>

A turbo Type R for 15k? No dyno sheets, no pics, etc. And you expect to drive it while in college and not have it get stolen or break down?

Pass on it. Too good to be true.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:00 PM
I want to be MADE into Ice-T

Old 03-22-2004, 06:05 PM

Default Re: what do you guys think about this car (boostincoupe)

i met the guy and ive drove the car. he showed me a recent dyno chart and it looked good(12.0 a/f across the board). A local guy thats really respected built an tuned the car. I dont expect it to be a daily i have a daily drive its more of a weekend car.

hes done a compression test and leakdown test and it looked good.It does smoke alil blue smoke upon decel but he says its the valve guides and hes gettin it taken care of

-will

Old 03-22-2004, 07:07 PM

????
Old 03-23-2004, 07:42 AM

im sorry i cant post this in the right forum..it wont allow"trial users" to post anywhere else

please your guys feedback is very important to me

thanks again

-will
Old 03-23-2004, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.

I'd say buy it then, if you've driven it and like it.

Just please don't get it stolen.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:44 AM

Why would you put an LS tranny on a type R that comes with LSD??
Old 03-23-2004, 11:20 AM
I want to be MADE into Ice-T

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by unknown0304 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Freshly built engine with all the best parts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

what kind of parts? Why would you put a ls tranny on a type r that comes with a lsd??? got any pics?
Old 03-23-2004, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by unknown0304 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im a college student that is looking for a car and this one is local

NEED TO SELL ASAP! PRICE HAS BEEN LOWERED TO 15K!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

screw all that...I want to be able to drop 15k cash on a car and still be able to afford tuittion!! Lucky fockers!!
Old 03-23-2004, 11:38 AM

I have a 97 ITR, and it is #88.?????
Old 03-24-2004, 05:02 PM

Default Re: (ITR9788)

He put the ls tranny in it cause it has longer gears and he said its good for the turbo. Also what does that mean that urs is number 87?i know that means ur build number but why the(???) afterwards

additonal imput would be great

-will
Old 03-24-2004, 05:09 PM

so he swapped out his lsd type r tranny, for an LS because of turbo??? uhhh, that was pretty stupid...
Old 03-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by unknown0304 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

One of the most reliable turbo cars you can ever own.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

More reliable than a 1.8T VW? More reliable than a turbo mazda? Hell, will it pull 130,000 turbocharged miles with no engine failures like my unreliable DSM?

I'm not knocking hondas here, but their is an element of unreliability that must be assumed when someone modifies a car from stock. This is especially true when you turbocharge a non-turbocharged car.

However, if its a weekend car, should be plenty good for you.