Notices

What do you do with the intake sensor and other lines when install the turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you do with the intake sensor and other lines when install the turbo?

there is a sensor on the intake and other line maybe oil? What do you do with it when you install the turbo setup? Do you put the air filter ? plug it up? unplug it?
Thanks in advance
Old 10-17-2007, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What do you do with the intake sensor and other lines when install the turbo? (inthad)

At which place exactly the sensor is? Can you include some pictures?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: What do you do with the intake sensor and other lines when install the turbo? (yakuza)

You know, when you have your regular aftermaket intake on there. There are a few holes near the throttle. Its a connector of some kind of sensor and maybe an oil line? I'm not sure. I'll to post pictures, if i can figure how to.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What do you do with the intake sensor and other lines when install the turbo? (inthad)

You actually need to keep all the sensors, nothing has to be removed. You might want to upgrade the MAP sensor though as it can only read up to 10psi, so get either 3 or 5 bar MAP sensor instead and you might want to consider a missing link which mounts between your MAP sensor and TB.

In my case, Im doing both but not sure if I will need to retain the missing link if I change to complete stand alone ECU such as the apexi fc.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: What do you do with the intake sensor and other lines when install the turbo? (yakuza)

Ok, i'm only gonna be boost 7lbs for now. So what do I need (missing link) what does that do? That just replace all the other stuff?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:00 PM

the missing link will stop ur ecu to through an check engine light ,when u boost u build pressure in ur intake manifold which is much higher than stock , and if u only plan on boostin 7psi for now ur stock map sensor is fine cause it will read up to 10psi
Old 10-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you do with the intake sensor and other lines when install the turbo? (integraRS-T)

is the op referring to the IAT, intake air temp sensor?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:32 AM

Default Re: What do you do with the intake sensor and other lines when install the turbo? (MeanGreenMachine)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MeanGreenMachine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is the op referring to the IAT, intake air temp sensor?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, i guess i was prefering to that.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ive seen some setups where a o2 bung is welded onto the charge pipe and a b20 iat sensor is installed.

<FONT SIZE="5">REFERENCE: TURBOD16.COM</FONT>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TURBOD16.COM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok guys, here's a quick how-to. The Y8 motors use a push in style IAT sensor, which will pop out under serious pressure, and is a pain to try and mount somewhere on the IC piping. The best way I see, is to put a threaded bung or a nut with the proper threads on the charge piping somewhere and then use a B20 threaded sensor. The B20 and H23 motors use threaded IAT sensors with O-ring seals which obviously seal better and will stay in under boost. However, the B20 IAT sensor WILL NOT fit in the Y8 IAT plug.

B20 on the left, Y8 on the right

B20 IAT sensor and M12x1.5 nut I JB Welded on to my charge pipe.

There is an easy solution. The B20 and H23s were used in most of the I4 Accords and the CRVs and other cars from about 1999 to 2003, if you can get a hold of a harness from one of these cars, you will have 4 plugs you can use to do this mod. The B20 IAT plug has the same wire colors as the Y8, but there are other plugs that fit that have different wire colors, such as the ECT and IACV plugs. After you have the bung or nut welded on, screw in the new B20 IAT, then just cut off the Y8 IAT plug, and solder on the B20 plug. If your plug does not have the blk/grn and red/yel wires, then looking at the back of the B20 plug, the top wire should connect to the grn/blk wire, which goes to the ECU on the Y8s and the bottom should connect to red/yel which is the +5V reference.

Y8 IAT Wire Colors - Blk/Grn (Signal), Red/Yel (+5V)

Back of the B20 IAT connector, grn/blk on top, red/yel on bottom, no matter the color of the wire on the B20 connector, make sure top goes to grn/blk and bottom to red/yel on the Y8 engine harness wires.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-18-2007, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yakuza &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You actually need to keep all the sensors, nothing has to be removed. You might want to upgrade the MAP sensor though as it can only read up to 10psi, so get either 3 or 5 bar MAP sensor instead and you might want to consider a missing link which mounts between your MAP sensor and TB.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you don't use a 3 or 5 bar map sensor and a missing link, the purpose of a missing link is to trick your ecu so you can retain then stock map sensor. don't waste your money on a missing link, just get a gm 3 bar map sensor and call it a day.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you do with the intake sensor and other lines when install the turbo?

Really dumb question....how do you DEPIN the round B20 IAT sensor? I've got one that needs to be de-pinned
Old 06-12-2013, 03:13 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: What do you do with the intake sensor and other lines when install the turbo?

Take a small, straight pick and push it in above the connector side. After some wiggling it should just pop out
Old 06-12-2013, 03:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OP you have a lot to learn before you go turbocharging your vehicle. Start reading here
https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/%2A%2A%2Aforced-induction-forum-faq%2A%2A%2A-1024174/

Once you have read that FAQ section and all the links provided if you have further questions then come back and post and ask what you need to know after that.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:30 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Old thread.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You're right I fell victim to someone's resurrection of a dead thread lol