Notices

What do I need to make a JR supercharger from a GSR work on a Type R?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 03:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I need to make a JR supercharger from a GSR work on a Type R?

As the title explains there seems to be an abundance of JRSC out there for a GS-R and obviously fewer for a Type R. I called JR and the guy there was anything but helpful and actually quite rude, which was the opposite of what I had been hearing there support staff was like. Anyway, if anyone knows for sure I would greatly appreciate the education on what I would need to do to make the GS-r JRSC kit work on a Type R motor.

Many thanks
Old 06-10-2004, 04:10 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What do I need to make a JR supercharger from a GSR work on a Type R? (infulleffect)

the main thing different that i can think of that would get in your way would be that the intake manifold for a gsr will not bolt up to a itr because it has different bolts line up and coolant passages.. ive heard of people making b16(same IM as itr) manifolds fit b18c1 motors but unsure what they did to do it..

everything else should bolt up w/ little problems..
Old 06-10-2004, 06:47 AM

Default Re: What do I need to make a JR supercharger from a GSR work on a Type R? (Boostfedb18c1)

Im not sure but wouldn't a skunk2 IM solve that problem??....

Im just throwing this out there because it would seem like it would work.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do I need to make a JR supercharger from a GSR work on a Type R? (patdemps)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by patdemps &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im not sure but wouldn't a skunk2 IM solve that problem??....

Im just throwing this out there because it would seem like it would work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no. the JRSC includes an intake manifold. it completely replaces the stock one.

To answer the oringinal question, I would think that the only part you would need to replace is the manifold itself. Because that is the part that the blower mounts to, and then the whole thing bolts to the head.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:11 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What do I need to make a JR supercharger from a GSR work on a Type R? (trboCIVICWRX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trboCIVICWRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

no. the JRSC includes an intake manifold. it completely replaces the stock one.

To answer the oringinal question, I would think that the only part you would need to replace is the manifold itself. Because that is the part that the blower mounts to, and then the whole thing bolts to the head.</TD></TR></TABLE>

correct
Old 06-10-2004, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do I need to make a JR supercharger from a GSR work on a Type R? (Boostfedb18c1)

Thanks for the info. I was starting to think that was the biggest difference :-/ I basically would have to dsign another IM pattern and chop and weld...ugh. Guess I'll just be patient.

Thanks again
Old 06-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do I need to make a JR supercharger from a GSR work on a Type R? (infulleffect)

You can find jrsc IM's for around $100 used.
In fact, I have one, but it's made for the LS/M62 conversion. Check out the buy/sell or even give JR a call. It's much easier and probably cheaper than messing with the GSR IM.

Here's an idea.
Call the guy who does the JR intercoolers. He does IC's on a core exchange. Maybe he'll trade your GSR mani for an ITR/b16 one?