Notices

What did I blow???

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What did I blow???

long story short. boosting, heard a faint pop. still hear turbo spool, still hear a VERY faint psh from bov. but getting ABSOLUTELY NO boost. noooothing at all. i chcked piping, everything 'looked' fine
Old 05-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What did I blow??? (vtak2nr)

u sure u checked all the piping? if u were creating boost before and now your not your have a leak somewhere
Old 05-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What did I blow??? (Dual Cam Racing)

well i didnt actually check all the piping properly. i popped the hood, felt around here n there. but yeah, i was on the highway, car is auto so i gave it like 1/4 gas, car auto downshifted, as soon as that happen i hear a tiny pop and no boost anymore. turbo spool and bov is still heard, but my boost guage doesn't budge and my car feels stock.

so u think for sure its just a piping somewhere?

edit - btw i dunno if it mattered, but the car was like at 6 psi climbing to 10ish
Old 05-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

check to see if you blew off a coupler
Old 05-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it use to happen to me before i fixed it but check your charge piping or all piping
Old 05-18-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: (krazyhmongboi)

ya probably a coupler or your wastegate took a **** but im staying with a coupler
Old 05-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had the same thing happen...blew a coupler off, but found it and fixed it....
Old 05-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

everyone is saying coupler and i agree but what if you fucked your auto tranny beyond belief and it wont hold enough to even make boost. hows the trans feel?
Old 05-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I say cuppler too.... happened to me today!! lol
Old 05-19-2007, 12:06 AM

happened to me once...all of the sudden i dont have any boost...but can hear my turbo spoolin and my bov releasing air and doing a psh sound...turns out that even before the pressure enters the intake maniflod....the bov releases,it doesnt close, its slightly open. so my bov was the culprit. the rubber molding inside was torn. so place your hand in the mouth of the bov and hand work your throttle to check this...see if its releasing pressure during that time.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What did I blow??? (confucioussae)

carb cleaner isnt to good for couplings
Old 05-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What did I blow??? (jfruauff)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jfruauff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">carb cleaner isnt to good for couplings
</TD></TR></TABLE> whoops i'll edit the post sorry. misinformation =
Old 05-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What did I blow??? (confucioussae)

Personally sounds like a blown charge piping or you blew a hole through the side of a coupler. Are you running nice silicon couplers or knock off (I'm not gonna bash if you are, I ran the cheap stuff at one point and time lol) and how much boost? I've blown a hole through a coupler before, sounds like big balloon popping. Just something you might wanna check. And for the tranny, if you're rpm's are going up and your speedo isn't moving up with it, then it's probably slipping lol. Let us know what you find.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

check your couplers.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ek_bape)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohczcturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Personally sounds like a blown charge piping or you blew a hole through the side of a coupler. Are you running nice silicon couplers or knock off (I'm not gonna bash if you are, I ran the cheap stuff at one point and time lol) and how much boost? I've blown a hole through a coupler before, sounds like big balloon popping. Just something you might wanna check. And for the tranny, if you're rpm's are going up and your speedo isn't moving up with it, then it's probably slipping lol. Let us know what you find.</TD></TR></TABLE>

But even if the tranny is messed up wouldnt you still get boost on the gauge at least? Or maybe im just confused, but I gotta go with these guys you have a leak someone so check your piping and the couplers and see whats going on.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (TehGhett0P1mp)

Again, another vote for couplers...but in the form of the clamps. You could have broke a clamp somehow, enough where it looks tight, but can't hold any boost. When I was doing some pressure testing, if the clamps weren't cranked, I'd get slight leaking from between the pipe and silicone. When I'd pressurize it to 20psi, it would leak to &lt;5psi in 5 seconds from just one small coupler leak.

It could also be a mani/bov/TB gasket, or the diaphragm in the BOV that just took a ****.

The tranny has to provide a load on the motor for it to make boost. No boost while revving in neutral is from zero load. If the tranny took a **** and could not provide a load, it would just let the motor spin, much like a slipping clutch.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (TehGhett0P1mp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TehGhett0P1mp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

But even if the tranny is messed up wouldnt you still get boost on the gauge at least? Or maybe im just confused, but I gotta go with these guys you have a leak someone so check your piping and the couplers and see whats going on.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You would be able to bring the gauge to 0 vacuum/boost but without a load on the tranny it might not be able to create boost. This is more common with bigger turbos. If your running a DSM turbo or something like that then you are usually able to create some boost in neutral just reving the motor. However with my t3/t4 50 trim I couldn't boost in neutral if my life depended on it lol. Most likely, it is a coupler or just a blown off pipe. Could be the blow off valve stuck open or the waste gate as well. Simple steps to check each thing, I think the blow off valve step was already posted and the waste gate depends on if it's external or internal. Different methods for both lol.