Notices

what could I use to retard timing only when nitrous sprays? msd unit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Modified by b3435 at 9:28 PM 6/14/2003
Old 05-27-2003, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what could I use to retard timing only when nitrous sprays? msd unit? (b3435)

Digital 6+, thats what i used, also the Jacobs MAstermind will do the same
Old 05-27-2003, 07:10 PM

Default Re: what could I use to retard timing only when nitrous sprays? msd unit? (b3435)

or hondata
Old 05-27-2003, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b3435 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">since my nitrous setup is only temp until I get my turbo setup is it necesary to have timing pulled like this, or is there something less expensive than 300 bux?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah just retard the ignition timing right off of the distributor, but you'll pay the penalty while off the bottle with a bit less N/A power. but it's free and will save you the $$ instead of buying the MSD Digi6 or JNM etc.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what could I use to retard timing only when nitrous sprays? msd unit? (hybridvteceg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridvteceg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">or hondata </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-28-2003, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what could I use to retard timing only when nitrous sprays? msd unit? (0x64)

yes or Hondata, which is great stuff. but what i read on the site about the N2O features is that they only control Dry systems which use just the N2O solenoid, not the wet or DP systems that use 2 or more solenoids with at least 1 for fuel.

the Hondata system will control larger injectors with the use of a dry N2O system.
that way the N/A performance can be tuned correctly and then the N2O injection can be tuned correctly, all using the same injectors. but of course the injectors need to be the correct size to accomodate both the engine and the engine+N2O.

if Hondata does have features to run a wet/DP N2O system and i didn't see it on their site, then someone please let me know.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:33 AM

Default Re: what could I use to retard timing only when nitrous sprays? msd unit? (sweet)

I don't like hondata to begin with, over priced imo etc...

Modified by b3435 at 9:40 PM 6/14/2003
Old 05-28-2003, 09:56 AM
FastNFurious

Hondata overpriced? haha moron.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you only knew what hondata could really do , you must be ignorant for posting something like that
Old 05-28-2003, 02:24 PM

Default Re: what could I use to retard timing only when nitrous sprays? msd unit? (itr206)

both of you are ignorant and have jumped on the popular bandwagon

full hondata for my car =
Base s200 Unit
$295
Options
Price
3 step rev limiter- Launch control and full throttle shift.
$125
Boost capability.
$200
Datalogging capability.
$200
G Sensor module.
$250
ROM Editor V3 (requires datalogging).
$200
Romulator realtime emulator.
$180
Programmer (requires ROM Editor V3)
$180
P28 ECU with OBD1 Connector
$250

OBD2 to OBD1 Adapter Harness
$250

Total = $2130.00 Thats from http://www.hondata.com/prices.html

Or aem ems with more features and no swapping roms, no obd1 conversion for half that.

BTW, I am fully aware of what Hondata can and can not do, do a little more reasearching before opening your big ignorant mouthes where they don't belong.

Modified by b3435 at 9:40 PM 6/14/2003
Old 05-28-2003, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not everyone needs all those options dumbass. All I bought was the Base Hondata S200 unit for $245.

I will be using the nitrous control, I don't need boost, I don't need datalogging or any of the tuning programs because I don't have a laptop and will pay someone else to tune it, and I don't need a G Sensor module, that's what a dyno is for. Besides, the MSD Digital 6 doesn't have even half those options. Some people have OBDI already and don't need a conversion, but I however did.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:41 PM

Default Re: what could I use to retard timing only when nitrous sprays? msd unit? (RyanCivic2000)

notice I said for my car
I don't give a **** about your car, my is obd2.
When its built and boosted, I will tune it.

And this has nothing to do with the digi 6.
I'm talking about Hondata (on my car, with the features I would use, ie. self tunable)
Or aem ems

Read the thread first damn. And I'm the dumbass?

What an useless argument started in a thread that has nothing to do with anything other than my temporary dp setup.

Modified by b3435 at 9:41 PM 6/14/2003
Old 05-28-2003, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, you are kind of bold to call a Hondata overpriced and a bandwagon item just because it doesn't suit your plans for the price. It works out well for many people on this board as well as others.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b3435 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't like hondata to begin with, over priced imo</TD></TR></TABLE>

I, like everyone else, am intitled to my own opinion.

I would suggest you read the thread again - but I went ahead and quoted myself for your convenience.

I have no doubt it works well, its just not for me.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> just because it doesn't suit your plans for the price. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It doesn't suit my needs for other reasons besides its price.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">aem ems has more features and no swapping roms, no obd1 conversion etc...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Modified by b3435 at 9:41 PM 6/14/2003
Old 05-28-2003, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b3435 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">both of you are ignorant and have jumped on the popular bandwagon</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't need to say anything else.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like the J and S Safeguard. Not only does it have closed loop ignition but it also has a boost/nitrous retard system that is adjustable. They are at janssafeguard.com .
Old 05-28-2003, 07:29 PM

Default Re: what could I use to retard timing only when nitrous sprays? msd unit? (RyanCivic2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't need to say anything else.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hondata overpriced? haha moron.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you only knew what hondata could really do , you must be ignorant for posting something like that</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can and will defend my own statements against people who" are ignorant and have jumped on the popular bandwagon"

What exactly does your post mean?

You obviously shouldn't have said anything to begin with, instead of making yourself look like an idiot. imo

Modified by b3435 at 9:42 PM 6/14/2003
Old 05-28-2003, 07:30 PM

Default Re: (AutoEng2002Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AutoEng2002Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like the J and S Safeguard. Not only does it have closed loop ignition but it also has a boost/nitrous retard system that is adjustable. They are at janssafeguard.com .</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you, anytime you need help with anything hit me up I'll be glad to help out.

Old 05-28-2003, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b3435 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I can and will defend my own statements against people who" are ignorant and have jumped on the popular bandwagon"

What exactly does your post mean?

You obviously shouldn't have said anything to begin with, instead of making yourself look like an idiot. imo </TD></TR></TABLE>

Get over it. I am completely against bandwagons. Why would I have a nitrous D-Series if I was a H-T band-wagoneer? I just know what a good, quality and economical product is (like a Hondata). I am all about best bang for the buck and I will defend my statements.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

first of all i personally wouldn't get Hondata unless i'm running boost or a crazy N/A setup. the N2O feature is nice but if i ever went back to N2O injection i would run a DP system, therefore Hondata couldn't be used. but for the $$ Hondata is an excellent choice, though there are some nice "standalone" units out there for about the same price or a bit more. as for the AEM, i don't care for it much. for a few hundred $$ you could pick up a Hondata system with boost, add a few accessories and still be considerably cheaper than AEM or most of the other tuning standalone units.

as i said before if you want the cheapest route while "temporarily" using the DP N2O system, then just retard off of the dist. or spend the $200-300 and pick up a MSD Digi6 or JNM.

but why spend the $$ at all on N2O items if you won't be using N2O for very long??

if you don't like my opinion on the matter so be it.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:15 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Get over it. I am completely against bandwagons. Why would I have a nitrous D-Series if I was a H-T band-wagoneer? I just know what a good, quality and economical product is (like a Hondata). I am all about best bang for the buck and I will defend my statements.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You fail to understand that for my car the best bang for the buck IS NOT HONDATA, since I intend to do the tuning myself. I would have to buy that "bag of goodies" hondata has, so I could tune myself.

For the people that are obd1 and want some one else to tune it might be cheaper, but then again for the price of paying a shop to tune my car I could buy a wideband.

To tune it myself Hondata is not cheaper, and lacks other features I could get on a cheaper system ie. ems

Old 05-29-2003, 05:22 AM

Default Re: what could I use to retard timing only when nitrous sprays? msd unit? (sweet)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sweet &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

as i said before if you want the cheapest route while "temporarily" using the DP N2O system, then just retard off of the dist. or spend the $200-300 and pick up a MSD Digi6 or JNM.

but why spend the $$ at all on N2O items if you won't be using N2O for very long??

if you don't like my opinion on the matter so be it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, you make the most sense, the reason I would spend 300 or so for the temp setup, is that it will be awile until I get my turbo pieces together. I'm starting school now and have less time to work, and would like the most power on and off the juice. The dp will still be there after the turbo install, I'll just have a more elaborate engine managment that could take care of the timing as well.

So far I'm undecided, and retarding off the dist. sounds appealing.

Modified by b3435 at 9:43 PM 6/14/2003
Old 05-29-2003, 06:20 AM

Being obd2 also id have to agree w/ b3435...aem ems for me...not saying its not a good option for obd1 but it ends up being a shitload of money when u have obd2

edit: if your going turbo why not get the ems now and use it for the nitrous control that way you dont waste money on the msd and not have use for it later. Thats what i would do
Old 05-29-2003, 06:42 AM

Default Re: what could I use to retard timing only when nitrous sprays? msd unit? (BlueSi2k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueSi2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Being obd2 also id have to agree w/ b3435...aem ems for me...not saying its not a good option for obd1 but it ends up being a shitload of money when u have obd2

edit: if your going turbo why not get the ems now and use it for the nitrous control that way you dont waste money on the msd and not have use for it later. Thats what i would do</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good point!

Modified by b3435 at 9:43 PM 6/14/2003
Old 05-29-2003, 07:11 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No need for name calling guys. You cant compare Hondata to EMS b/c its apples to oranges until you add up all the options to make it even. Of course if he doesnt need or want all the options, the hondata is cheaper, more proven, more tuners out there yadda yadda. But if he wants all the options, EMS makes more sense, especially if hes OBD2. Same reasons BlueSi2k and I went with EMS.

Quick Reply: what could I use to retard timing only when nitrous sprays? msd unit?