Notices

What is all this with my Wastegate...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 09:18 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is all this with my Wastegate...?

Hi i ordered a couple of things on ebay for my setup and i received my JDM Sports wastegate but the only thing is that what are all the things that comes with it and where am i suppose to plug all this... Here are the pictures. BTW im not planning to run a boost controller the spring is set to 8psi and i dont plan on running anymore boost or less. Thanks

Old 04-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What is all this with my Wastegate...?

the little ring (aka fire ring) goes at the bottom of the wastegate to take up the space between the valve and the wastegates body, the bolts are so you can bolt it to the manifold, the gaskets are pretty self explanatory, the flanges can be used for your wastegate dumptube or if your manifold isnt flanged for a 38mm gate, then you can weld it so you have a place to bolt your wastegate on, the banjo fitting goes on the bottom threaded port so you can run a reference line from your turbo to it. Thats the only way to get your wastegate to open
Old 04-08-2009, 10:17 AM
New User

Thanks alot even though im kinda scared that my wastegate wont open and i wouldnt want to blow my motor btw i plug that banjo bolt to a vaccum line im guessing? ohh yea and that fire ring does the smaller side go inside the wastegate or the bigger side in the wastgate thx

Last edited by patfraser3; 04-08-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

NP

Yea pretty much, I like using a port off the turbo housing as the reference for that line. The fire ring only goes one way. When its set in the bottom, it should almost be flushed with the base of the wastegate. Once you tighten it down it'll seal.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:31 AM
New User

Ive tried the big end but it looks as if i have to work it down a bit with force and if it goes in i know that i wont come out is that the right way or it should always be able to come out with no force. And now i know what you mean buy thats the only way it should open (the wastegate) cuz i was trying to figure out how it worked with my compressor and i shot air in the bottom how with that banjo bolt and it opened right away so thanks for that and what about the one on top im guessing it only needs to be plugged in if i would use a boost controller? And what happens if i dont put that ring ... Because it doesnt look like it will fit on the manifold...

Last edited by patfraser3; 04-08-2009 at 11:43 AM.