Notices

Well I finally got the Civic running yay!.... so naturally, I crash it!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well I finally got the Civic running yay!.... so naturally, I crash it!

After my expedition to 4 different parts stored last rainy night finally nets me a new starter, I get home and install it to complete my now 4 day mission to swap my tranny/axels.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=286379

Bolt the starter in, fire it up and viola!! The bastard runs! Alright, I finish putting everything back together, move my dads '88 Civic to the side of the driveway so I can get out of my garage (but... I leave the Civic at kind of an angle with has the rear end protruding a bit into the driveway....)

Jump in the Civic, check all gauges, no leaks anywhere, wow.. finally, everything looks good. So I decided to take the car on a test drive to ensure the axels a=and tranny are functioning properly. Slowly backing the car out, of course it's raining to I can't see very well out the back window.. and wouldn't you know it.. ::WHAM!!:

I completley forgot my dad's Civic was still partially in the driveway and I just nailed it at a pretty good pace! Right away I try to move my Civic up..::SCREEEEECH:: sounds like somebody is ripping my car open with a can opener

So I get out, still raining mind you, so as to observe the damage. My bumper is hanging, looks like a lion took its claws to it ripping into the plastic, havr a huge hole between the bumper and body, a 2-3" deep dent the size of a beachball just behind the gas door, and the little piece under the tailight is ripped it.. awesome!

So, now it's off to the body shop for $500+ of work.. but hey, least my axels work

[Modified by VTC_slow_CiViC, 11:24 AM 9/24/2002]
Old 09-24-2002, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Well I finally got the Civic running yay!.... so naturally, I crash it! (VTC_slow_CiViC)

at least nobody was hurt. did you take any pictures? how fast do you think you were going? how bad is the damage on your father's car?
Old 09-24-2002, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Well I finally got the Civic running yay!.... so naturally, I crash it! (VTC_slow_CiViC)

Damn dude that sucks....at least it's only $500, my old fiber image CF hood flew up and I needed a new roof and hood, $2200 in damage. Hope you can get ti fixed.
Old 09-24-2002, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Well I finally got the Civic running yay!.... so naturally, I crash it! (CzanSOHC)

dude, you have some badluck!!! glad your ok..and at least its only a bumper and nothing to do with the motor !!
Old 09-24-2002, 07:59 AM

sorry to hear about it. hopefully you will get it back quick.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Well I finally got the Civic running yay!.... so naturally, I crash it! (mntdewred)

how bad is the damage on your father's car?
Ahh funny you mention that, I forgot to add, the passenger side of my dads Civic was already hit a while ago, so I didn't hit a smooth surface which would've made the damage nothing more than scratches/scuffs since I hit it in a very mild angle, but since the car was already hit and the body very jagged, it acted like a can-opener when I hit it tearing into my car

Haha! Ahhh.. I love this stuff :twitching:
Old 09-24-2002, 08:19 AM

Sucks, but we must admit, its kinda funny...Good thing no one was hurt but your wallet.....
Old 09-24-2002, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That sux, same thing happened to me except I was just learning to drive a stick and let the entire side of my car get fucked up. The worst part was that it was a shitty old mustang parked in my driveway, it didnt even put a scratch on the stang.
Old 09-24-2002, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Well I finally got the Civic running yay!.... so naturally, I crash it! (SiDESLiDE240)

oh man sounds like my kinda luck, i remember once i picked up my moms car from the garage and i had put something in the back , forgot i left the rt rear door open and then wham! door was almost ripped off its hinges! lol, my mom was mad but she laughed as well. accidents happen
Old 09-24-2002, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Well I finally got the Civic running yay!.... so naturally, I crash it! (lucas569)

Damn sounds like bad luck but hey like you said at least the axels' work.

Lee