Notices

Water/meth injection and/or race gas, any benefit for stock sleeves?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Water/meth injection and/or race gas, any benefit for stock sleeves?

hey guys i did search and didnt find much on water/meth injection here, im not sure if the search is working properly.

Im currently at 357whp, and i know that 400whp is "safe" on my F22 stock sleeves. Im running 94 pump gas. Now my question is if i run water/meth injection as a safety unit, NOT to make power with, can i crank up my boost and go for 460-470whp?

Same thing about race gas, can i use race gas and crank up the boost? or do the sleeves only react to power levels regardless of whats being run.

Thanks for any help!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Water/meth injection and/or race gas, any benefit for stock sleeves?

Originally Posted by aleks77
NOT to make power with, can i crank up my boost and go for 460-470whp?
The above sentence does not make any sense...LOL

By cranking up the boost, you are making more power with water/meth.

What's more important, adding even more safety for your motor at its current power level, or do you think it's "safe" enough that you can turn up the boost?
Whatever it may be, it's up to how much you think its safe and whether you can chance it if something goes wrong.

By properly using water/meth as safety, the engine should be tuned at safe levels on gas alone, and then implement water/meth as safety measure to "safeguard" that current tune. Upping the boost simply puts it back to higher risk zone.

Power and torque will determine how much the sleeves can hold, but race gas will take detonation out of the equation.
Now as to how you find this fine line of being safe or not, you need to find a tuner who is experienced in water/meth, such as myself for example