Notices

Water/meth injection, Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water/meth injection, Opinions?

Hi, here is my setup it's a D-series, fully built (GE sleeved block, wiseco pistons, exc...) and soon to be turbo. I'm aiming for 400-450WHP, alot of the ones i've seen can make 350-380WHP on pump 91-93 octane fuel. My two choices are race fuel when I go to the track, or use water/meth injection all the time even on the street and have full power.
How many of you guys use water/meth injection and do you use it on the street? I'm kind of afraid to have the pump fail or something and have my engine blow because of it. I added it up, and race fuel or water/meth injection would add up to about the same in the long run. I just don't know how realiable water/meth can be, probably seen it on a couple street cars. Any opinions or experience is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Water/meth injection, Opinions?

With the right EMS you can set up multiple fail safes. AEM's kit has features that will allow this
Old 03-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
With the right EMS you can set up multiple fail safes. AEM's kit has features that will allow this
So more like standalone systems, not Hondata or Neptune?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I trigger the secondary maps on my Hondata with the failsafe output on my AEM water injection. If the AEM detects a failure, the secondary maps have greatly retarded timing and extra fuel.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jaker
I trigger the secondary maps on my Hondata with the failsafe output on my AEM water injection. If the AEM detects a failure, the secondary maps have greatly retarded timing and extra fuel.
'

Im pretty sure all modern ems's for hondas can be set up like this
Old 03-29-2011, 07:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Meth injection works very well on pump gas setups I have tuned.

You should use a wideband gauge kit to monitor your air fuel ratios at all times even on a car not running meth.

You can use lean protection on top of dual mapping etc. (if the ecu sees an a/f ratio leaner then x value it will go into protection mode).
Old 03-30-2011, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh, that makes my feel alot better. Is it just the AEM system that has the sensors and feedback or do other systems have it? Thanks guys for the fast response.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The aem meth kit has an option now for a failsafe device. It's a little more expensive but worth it if you are going that route. You could also look into the Aquamist kits. I'm not remembering the model or part number right now but I gather that it has a solid failsafe system and its components are of the highest quality and provide stellar performance.

Combining the benefits of the failsafe devices with the recommended ems based protection should keep your motor safe if something goes wrong. Keep in mind though that all the technology in the world doesn't relieve the driver of the responsibility to keep an eye on the car's telemetry and back off if there's trouble.

Good luck.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mtber
Meth injection works very well on pump gas setups I have tuned.

You should use a wideband gauge kit to monitor your air fuel ratios at all times even on a car not running meth.

You can use lean protection on top of dual mapping etc. (if the ecu sees an a/f ratio leaner then x value it will go into protection mode).
That is great to hear.. cause i have not heard to many in Ga running meth kit.. I was thinking about it.. but i have e85 around where i live.. But meth is still up in the air.. not sure which is better to use... for everyday driving if i would drive it everyday...
Old 03-30-2011, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Meth would be better. Set it up for high boost only only or something. Id imagine a gallon size tank would last a while
Old 03-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

quick question when do you go with water/merth. im from florida and no matter how big my intercooler is in the summer the temp is only going to get so cold. look into snow performance kits. there fail safe is a lil old tech but it works. simple effective
Old 03-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, you guys are great. Has anyone used Devil's Own? I've heard good things about them, but they don't have fail safe systems with them. Anybody that has used water/meth, how long did it take to use up say a gallon? Thanks guys.