Notices

Warning to all future would be import parts customers

Old 10-15-2002, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning to all future would be import parts customers

This is strictly my opinion of import parts and this comes from the dealings that I have had with this company. I will never ever do any business with import parts again. Everyone over there are idiots when it comes to cars except Ben, and he doesn't know how to take care of his customers. They take for ever to send you your items. Then when they send you your items they forget to put the bov and a 90 degree rubber fitting. They have no idea what your kit is supposed to have in it. They didn't even know how many intercooler pipes that where supposed to be in my kit. They also sent me the wrong bov and I had to go buy the right one. I also had to go buy a special fitting and they only reimbursed me part of what it cost they made me pay the tax on it even though they completly fucked my order up. They didn't even correct it I had to go buy the pieces that they fucked up and didn't send me. I had to wait like 5 months on my order and the only reason I finally got everything taken care of is becaused I threatened to return the kit.

Now I know that not everyone will agree with me but like I said this is my opinion and I'm warning people now before they make the mistake and do business with import parts.

Also if you have had dealings with import parts good or bad post it so everyone can see what kind of company they are.
Old 10-15-2002, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (dragtaccord)

Same **** happened to me. Took almost 6 weeks to get my kit..listen to the conversation with the ever so popular receptionist there..

Hi, send the kit?
Yes, be there in 5 days
Ok awesome...timer, WG, and missing link too?
Yes...do you want the timer in a seperate box?
Didnt you put it in the box with the kit?
No we didnt send it yet
Can I have a tracking number for my kit?
We didnt send it yet

WTF. And when I got it, I got the Blitz SS BOV. Hmm, odd...kit says HKS SSV comes with it...picture on site shows HKS SSV...

1-800-importparts...
ring ring ring
*receptionist again*
Yo why didnt I get my SSV?
They stopped making it with SSV
When?
A week ago
Well I ordered my **** 6 weeks ago
Sorry
-click-

I agree with you man. They didnt send me the little elbow for the compressor filter, I had to use my old ghetto pretty blue intake...
Old 10-15-2002, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (B18EG6)

hummm weird, ive never had anything bad happen w/ importparts.com and i cant count the number of times ive ordered from them.

sometimes you cant please everyone 100% of the time.

I'll always be a loyal customer. imo ip.com=
Old 10-15-2002, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (lucas569)

I have had 1 problem with IP. They sent me the wrong gauge bezel. Have have done lots of business with Ben and i plan to continue. I know that it does take a while to get the turbo kit, it came 3 weeks after i paid in full. Ben was so kind to let me make payments and get in on his drag group buy. So take it how ever you want but IP will continue to get my business when and if they have the lowest price on what i want.
Old 10-15-2002, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (lucas569)

here is something to take into consideration. THInk of the thousands of customers they help daily. What are the chances that they are going to get every one of those orders right? What are the chances that things will be missplaced from when the order is recieved to when it goes to shipping and is shipped out? Being a parts distributor and working with a large company like them I know that mistakes happen. It's called human error. There is no way around it. SUcks they messed things up, guess what, it happens. I have dealt with them before and had no problems what so ever, and I am sure the majority of the people on honda-tech have had a good experience. They give us awesome prices and believe me they dont make much on each part. There is so many other parts distributors out there, there is not much money in selling parts. So before you go off and try to prevent people from shopping there maybe you should try to understand where they are coming from and keep your opinions to yourself...
Old 10-15-2002, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (tygsr)

All the stuff I ordered from there came quickly and correctly. Keep in mind that if yuo ordered a turbo kit during a group buy the availability of the turbo is what delayed a lot of orders, at least it did during the group buy i was involved in.
Old 10-15-2002, 01:44 PM
New User

Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (Strng1dah)

i havent had any problems with importparts. ben is a good guy and he sent me a few silicone hoses for free when i told him that my kit was missing a few. it might possibly the other people who work there that is givin them a bad name. you might want to call ben and talk to him about the customer service problems that you are having.
Old 10-15-2002, 02:02 PM
New User

Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (Strng1dah)

If you ever have any questions or problems getting in touch with Import Parts or have any customer service concerns you can also email me at damonboost@cs.com or send me an AIM at DamonBoost .. I talk to the guys over there on a daily basis and handle some of their customer service... IF YOU EVER NEED anything please dont hesiate to get in touch with me and I will do everything I can to help you out.
Old 10-15-2002, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (dlplayboy)

although it does seem to take a while for them to ship stuff out, i still give em a

they faxed me receipts for my turbo kit, almost an entire year later for me to show my insurance company. and that helped me out so much.

[Modified by Ruckus138, 11:09 PM 10/15/2002]
Old 10-15-2002, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (DamonBoost)

Damn Damon you got that picture up quick! Looks good too.
Anyway's i'm in the same boat as everyone else. Ben has been good to me the few times I dealt with him. It took him over 3 months to get my brothers Drag manifold for an H22A4 though. He actually kept bull shitting me, but the car was'nt ready yet and I even give bull **** every so often. I'll go with what someone said before....human error!
Old 10-15-2002, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (turbo Si)

how come Ben doesnt post in here anymore ?
Old 10-15-2002, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (VTEC_SiR)

how come Ben doesnt post in here anymore ?
Because he's probably working his a$$ off so we can see less and less of this type of scenario.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (VTEC_SiR)

IP =
Old 10-15-2002, 07:12 PM
New User

Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (dustin)

as much as i like dealing with import parts im going to post this..

they rarely seem to check stock, and charge you for something they cant deliver and obtaining a refund is often difficult/time consuming (2+ weeks in my case)
Old 10-15-2002, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (brian b)

they sent me my drag 3 kit minus the manifold They also didnt send all the silicon hose adapters

But I would still do buisness with them. THey faxed me receipt when my car got stolen.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (intekragsr)

Well I've only bought from IP.com once and the customer service sucked until I talked to Mike. He was very helpful and kept me on the phone a few extra minutes to point out that we have a Signal Auto here in Korea. Plus...10% off any order...can't beat that.

to importparts.com
to Mike and Ben
Old 10-16-2002, 12:42 AM
New User

Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (intekragsr)

they sent me my drag 3 kit minus the manifold They also didnt send all the silicon hose adapters

But I would still do buisness with them. THey faxed me receipt when my car got stolen.
oh shiet, dude... your car got stolen?
Old 10-16-2002, 12:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (dlplayboy)

oh shiet, dude... your car got stolen?
My first 2001 gsr got stolen. Then got $24,000 insurance check, got my 94 gsr and got another drag kit. I think you saw my second GSR.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:01 AM

Once again this is only my opinion and yes I will give it, to let people know what happened to me when I delt with import parts. Now I understand that there is human error but what happend to me was way too much human error. I can deal with a mistake or 2 but not 3 or 4 months worth of mistakes. I mean if you can't give out information on a product you sell and you don't even know what is supposed to be in the kit how is that good business? I know that many of you have done business with ip and they may have done a great job, but the point still is that they completly fucked my order up and I know they have done that to atlest 10 people within the last few months.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:19 AM

here is something to take into consideration. THInk of the thousands of customers they help daily. What are the chances that they are going to get every one of those orders right? What are the chances that things will be missplaced from when the order is recieved to when it goes to shipping and is shipped out? Being a parts distributor and working with a large company like them I know that mistakes happen. It's called human error. There is no way around it. SUcks they messed things up, guess what, it happens. I have dealt with them before and had no problems what so ever, and I am sure the majority of the people on honda-tech have had a good experience. They give us awesome prices and believe me they dont make much on each part. There is so many other parts distributors out there, there is not much money in selling parts. So before you go off and try to prevent people from shopping there maybe you should try to understand where they are coming from and keep your opinions to yourself...
it is called doing it right the first time. i work for a large computer company and this is how it works:
the customer either emails us what he wants or we take there order over the phone. the purchasing mgr orders the parts. when they come in, he puts them with the specific order. the techs get them, check them over to make sure they are right. after they are built i get them and then check everthing over and make sure all boxes are accounted for, then ship it to the customer. even thought i have to type in every ship to address i have only made 2 mistakes and i have been here for over a year. it can be done. they are just not trying hard enought. we have an excelent record even though we are fighting with a shitting accounting software program, with a mismanaged business.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (CovertFI)

IP fucked up an order our mine as well. "Forgot" to include a FMU in a turbo kit... then when we called to have it sent, they wanted us to pay shipping on it. As soon as it arrived, we discovered that they didn't give us the right disc like they said they would.

They also never gave us a coupler to hookup the air filter pipe to the turbo. Their packing of the kit could have been alot better as well.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (HybridKOOP)

man with all thies **** ups i should order something and say i never received it.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:27 AM

i needed an oil feed line for my turbo and i paid overnight shipping a over month ago got charged $15 for shipping still no line
Old 10-16-2002, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Warning to all future would be import parts customers (dragtaccord)

I am having the EXACT problem now that dragtaccord was having. I agree that IP could step up their customer service and try to correct their mistakes. I know people are human and humans make mistakes, but correct it. The point is to please your customers so they will continue to do business with you. Making a customer wait 5 days on missing parts that should have been in the kit that should have been shipped weeks ago isn't any attempt at customer service. When your car is in pieces and you need your MISSING parts ASAP then they should pay for overnight shipping. This my friend is customer service (pleasing the customer).
Old 10-16-2002, 08:42 AM
Trial User

I ordered the most common turbo kit sold also in the kit was suppose to be one of the most heavily sold BOV's sold on the market and a bunch of other stuff....

it took soooo long to get it to me..... I wonder why?

Now I can't testify as to how busy ben is, but i'd imagine he gets a lot of business.... **** dont grow on trees... Manufacturers dont give a rats *** about the vendor selling their stuff.... they get their **** when the manufacturer gets it made and thats it.

I've been to the shop and they DONT have an assload of people runnning around boxing **** up like Cosco and Wallmart... it's a handful of people trying to run a business...

imagine you and 3 of your friends start a business... and 100 people order **** for their cars.. 14 different models/makes of cars.... the gsr's are on backorder, the LS's pipes are backordered, the BOV's shipped but are sitting in the longbeach port waiting tobe unloaded... and DRAG dropped the ball for manifolds and 12 of them arrived cracked.... top that off with family business that NEEDS to be taken care of... plus phone calls from people, more orderes coming in for parts not turbo related... meeting vendors that want you to sell their product...

I'd imagine that the 5-6 people working there are pretty damn busy... at least they were when I went there to pick up my kit many moons ago...

Life's not perfect.. deal with it. Ben is a good guy.... perhaps he's just overworked...

hire more people you say?? hahahhahah add that onto your list of **** to do.. do you want just ANY schmuck working for you... ? Perhaps those less knowledgale people dont know what they have/sell or is included in kits..

Hell i doubt if I could tell you what all came in the kit, and i bought one and installed it...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Warning to all future would be import parts customers